“Really good rooms”

Hyatt Regency Birmingham
Ranked #7 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

The standards in this hotel are very good and the rooms are spacious and modern
The bar are is welcoming and staff very responsive to your needs
The check in was good and facilities at this hotel are one of the best in the area
I managed to find a good deal on a web site so search the sites before you book as often the hotel doesn't have the best offers

• Stayed: June 2014
Dominik S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Dear Steve,

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to hear we have accommodated you well. We strive to provide the very best facilities ensuring your stay at the Hyatt Regency Birmngham is memorable. I will also pass on your compliments to our dedicated members of staff who I am sure will be delighted to hear your best regards.

Again, thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency as your preferred Hotel to stay in Birmingham. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Director of Operations

Write a ReviewReviews (3,249)

Reviewed June 28, 2014

We were looked after from start to finish. I'd like to send big thanks to the concierge who do an amazing job. We left our bags with them and checked in, when we returned from the car park the bags were in the room and suit bags hung in the wardrobe.
We had a city view on the 17th floor (1709) and the room was exceptionally clean, very comfortable, the minibar was well stocked and quite reasonably priced too. Your robe and slippers were provided along with complimentary breakfast on a morning (we used on the 2nd morning- I probably wouldn't have payed for it as there are plenty of pubs around which has more variety) and drinks/canapés (which we didn't take advantage of so can't comment!) We heard absolutely no noise on either of the 2 nights we stayed, as we had done in other nearby hotels.
The bar downstairs is beautiful with the fountain giving that extra touch. Not too bad with the prices and plenty of selection for us.
Once checked out the concierge again took care of us by driving me to the car park (about a 2 min walk) to collect my car while the other looked after our bags.

The tunnel into the ICC was an added bonus as so quick to get to our event and back on the Saturday evening.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Lauren,

Thank you for such compliments! It was a pleasure to have you and your group to stay at the Hotel. I will also pass on your great comments to our dedicated members of staff who contributed, making your visit a memorable one.

Thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency as your preferred Hotel to stay in Birmingham. I look forward to your next visit to our Hotel.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

Nothing really that condems a hotel in this day and age more than having to pay for wifi access.
The Hyatt is a great hotel, great staff, great location, great vistas, in fact nothing that detracts from great value for money for staying in a four star city centre hotel, other than having to pay, quite a lot, for the benefit of wi-fi - this can be picked up in the street for free!!!

That said, I continue to stay there when socialising in the city, saves driving back home. I can live without wi-fi when I'm sleeping!!!

Room Tip: Go as high as you can and enjoy the veiws
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Dominik S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2014

Dear User,

Thank you for your great feedback. I am pleased to hear we have always provided comfort each time you visit the Hyatt Regency Birmingham. It is our priority to ensure our guest will feel at home.

Again, thank you for continously choosing Hyatt Regency as your preferred Hotel to stay in Birmingham. I look foraward to your next visit to the Hotel.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

On check in the staff were extremely friendly and polite and we were able to check in much earlier than expected. The building is very fresh and modern- part of it is being refurbed but that really had no impact on our stay! The rooms are ideal, beds are comfy and the floor-to-ceiling windows give you great views across the city.

Overall for £99 -or £79 if you book earlier, the value is great. The location is perfect for enjoying the nightlife and the shopping. However, the rooms don't include free wifi, which as I know the hotel is popular for business use I would have thought it would have been, particularly as other lower budget hotels seem to offer this as standard in rooms.

If you want a base for a trip to Birmingham, the Hyatt is perfect.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Katy,

Thank you for your great feedback. I am pleased to hear you had a wonderful experience when you have last stayed at the Hyatt Regency Birmingham. We take pride in providing comfort and convenience to our guest, ensuring your stay will be memorable.

Thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency as your preferred Hotel to stay in Birmingham. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

We were welcomed warmly by amazing staff, who parked our car, and took the luggage to our room - something new for us in this price Hotel! Check in was easy, and our room was lovely, a good size and well furnished. We did not have breakfast, as we were meeting family, and ate out. The only down side was the bar, too noisey, but you were welcome to take your drinks and sit in the in the reception area, which is very nice. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: I did ask if there were quieter rooms, but told there was not really much difference anywhere. (Ther...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Audrey,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. i am pleased to hear you have enjoyed your visit on your last stay. We do our utmost to ensure our guest such as yourself will feel welcome, recognising your needs. I will be passing your compliments to our dedicated members of staff who I am sure will be delighted to hear of your best regards.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

My stay here was as a business trip for a function in the conference centre. It was very convenient for this purpose because there is a bridge that connects the hotel to the conference building.
The hotel is modern and the rooms are tastefully decorated to a good standard. They are large and have extras such as a desk and comfy armchair and footstool. The windows, from floor to ceiling, give a lot of light and a brilliant view over the city, but as they can't open, the room did get a bit stuffy. There is air conditioning to control the temperature. The bed was very comfortable. The room was quiet and I never heard a thing from the corridor or the rooms next door.
The breakfast range was excellent but the hotel was particularly busy, due to the conference, and the staff were struggling to cope. Tables were not set with the correct cutlery and guests had to wait for glasses and for plates. The staff seemed a little hassled. The location of the breakfast area is not ideal and if you get a table at the back of the area, it is dark.
This isn't a cheap hotel, but I have stayed here twice and I would recommend it for its central location and lovely quiet rooms.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dear Helen,

Thank you for taking your time on writing feedback from your last stay. I am sorry to hear of the inconvenience you have experienced when you had your breakfast in the restaurant, please accept my sincere apologies. I have discussed your comments with our F&B Manager and an action plan is created to ensure such a situation does not reoccur.

On another note, thank you for your compliments. We do our utmost to ensure your comfort is our priority.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

I went to the Hyatt this weekend with a friend for afternoon tea..we were sat in the bar area a short distance from the reception,which through no fault of the hotel staff,was quite noisy. We were offered water, no lemon or ice came with it,just one glass of tap water. The afternoon tea came, it looked nice enough but there wasn't much of it.. There was a small selection (and when I say small..I mean 2 each ) of tiny sandwiches,scones and muffins (and the muffins were really dense and dry) one cup of coffee (which was incredibly strong) or tea and a glass of champagne..all for the pricey sum of £28 each. Whilst it was a nice change to do this,and the company I was with was exceptional,I wouldn't recommend going here and to be honest would have preferred a sandwich or something in town.it certainly wasn't worth the price tag

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kate S

Dear Kate,

Thank you for taking time on writing your feedback from your last visit.

I am sorry to hear of your disappointment with the quality and quantity of afternoon tea you have received, please accept my sincere apologies. I have discussed your comments with our Head Chef to ensure we meet our guest expectations.

I hope you will continue choosing Hyatt Regency as your preferred place to visit in Birmingham. I look forward to another opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hotel.