Hyatt Regency Birmingham
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
3,408 results
All reviewssymphony hallfloor to ceiling windowscanal viewbroad streetking roomthe club loungelovely hotelbrindley placeroom servicemini barsteam roomcar parkhigh floorspa facilitiesafternoon teacity centrelovely room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Excellent service, perfect food, good wine selection. Lovely room with a view, friendly service and very central location. Would recommend staying here and especially if you get it via lastminute.com secret hotel as it was an absolute bargain!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank Jonesy_Chelmsford
Dominik S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear User,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent visit to our hotel. It is only through feedback such as yours that we are best able to direct our efforts. I am more than happy to share your kind words with the team. We have employees who are very dedicated and will be happy to know their efforts have come a long way.

I do hope you will continue to make Hyatt your preferred choice of hotel. If there is anything further I can assist with please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

We stayed here for one night as a post Christmas and New Year treat. The room on the 14th floor had fantastic views of the wheel and ice rink. It was newly refurbished with fresh carpets and paintwork, toiletries and bathrobes (no promised slippers). The meal in the evening was of a very high standard and very reasonable but the breakfast was overpriced.
Now the negatives - we used the leisure centre on the afternoon of our arrival and found the pool to be freezing cold and too deep for me to stand (I'm 5'4") with no visible notification of the depth so I was thankful I am a strong swimmer. After one length we got out as it was very uncomfortable to swim. Our major complaint was our after dinner drink - I opted for a Tia Maria at £3 on the menu and then decided to have a second. When we signed for our drinks the Tia cost £12 and when we queried this were told they were doubles - we did not ask for doubles and they certainly did not look big enough for doubles. It was sad that a lovely stay was marred by deceitfulness and greediness. I remember being 'stung' in the Delhi Hyatt when the price quoted for drinks doubled on payment due to addition of several taxes.
Will be wary of staying in a Hyatt again.

Room Tip: Opt for city view
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Sue H

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your visit to our hotel.
I am delighted to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us, please rest assure that we take your comments seriously and our F&B manager is looking into the pricing issue.

In regards to the deepness of our pool, there is a signage outside when you entering the pool stating 1.68m (5’6”).

Please do not hesitate to contact us if there is anything we can assist you with. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the upcoming future.

Director of Operations

Reviewed January 21, 2014

This place was great for me and all my staff, the service was good and welcoming, the rooms were spacious and clean with great views over the Birmingham canals and lights, location was the best as it's right in the centre of town with many great restaurants in the surrounding. Downside is that the price is a bit high above average as other same quality types of hotels are available at much lower prices. But I would use them again as it's great for its location being set right in the centre of town.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank Dr S

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your visit to our hotel.
I am delighted to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us, please do not hesitate to contact us if there is anything we can assist you with.

We looking forward to welcome you back to our hotel in the upcoming future.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Perfect position if working at ICC. Connected by bridge so never have to brave the elements! Hotel comfortable but could do better for their breakfast arrangements. They are notable to cope with the number of people staying which means long queues to even sit down.
If you read my review for the Crowne Plaza I meant Regency not Renaissance! I prefer Crowne Plaza for times when I am not at ICC but this wins for ICC location every time.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank maryanne m

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your visit to our hotel.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the upcoming future.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Very good 4/5 star hotel in perfect location for revitalised canal areas and icc. Surrounded by restaurants, and bars, shops a bit further away.
Well designed, clean and comfortable rooms with good views. Nice pool a bit strong on chroline. Chose express checkout, as queues were long at 11.30 Sunday morning.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dominik S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your visit to our hotel.
I am delighted to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us, we are monitoring the chlorine level in our pool twice a day and there are in line with the hygiene standards.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if there is anything we can assist you with. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the upcoming future.

Director of Operations