“Lovely 2 night business stay ”

Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre
Ranked #67 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

I have just spent the last 2 nights at holiday inn city centre bham . It's in a fantastic location only 2 minutes from New street station and I was at an exhibition at the NEC so me and 18 colleagues stayed here and got the train to and from NEC which on the virgin train is only 1 stop away.
The staff are very helpful and welcoming and today I had not got up in time to have breakfast but they happily offered to make me a bacon sandwich to take away , they put it In a takeaway box and also some fruit and a serviette .
The room was very comfy and the bed was huge ! I was given an upgrade to an executive room as I am a gold member so I have better toiletries , free wi fi , dressing gown and bottled water and a kit kat as extras .
The hotel is walking distance to the theatres and to excellent restaurants in the mail box and the bull ring .
Highly recommend

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Bora001, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Dear Joanne M,

Thank you for your excellent review following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre. I am delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and most importantly you found the staff to be friendly and helpful. It is always most encouraging to receive such feedback and it gives that little extra incentive to do it even better the next time. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Kind Regards

Write a ReviewReviews (1,619)

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Lovely, comfortable hotel and nice friendly cleaners too. So close to city centre and so noisy on the Saturday night but that is football fans and revellers for you but stay was good so would probably stay again

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

Dear wwalker100,

Thank you for your kind review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre. I am delighted to hear that we were able to deliver your expectations from a Holiday Inn. Even though the Hotel benefits from double glazed windows, being located in the heart of UK's 2nd largest City, you can expect to find some external noise, especially at the weekends. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

I have been visiting Birmingham on business for the past 10 years have tried most of the hotels under £70 a night within 20 minutes walks of New Street. This spring I spent a night at Holiday Inn Birmingham City. It was quite simply the best nights sleep in 10 years of visiting the city hotels. The staff were exceptionally helpful and friendly; from the restaurant to reception there was a clear pride in their work. The food quality was acceptable and the choice good and the room standards and cleanliness outstanding for the price. If you are on business and on a limited budget there is no point in looking further. This balances value, with comfort and customer satisfaction-a very good combination. It also just 10 minutes easy walk from New Street station.

Room Tip: Book on line before arrival. This is a popular hotel. If you turn up hoping for a vacancy prepare to...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Redbishop,

Thank you for your kind review regarding your latest experience at the Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre. I am delighted to hear that you found the Hotel to be offering good quality food and amenities, clean and comfortable rooms and most importantly friendly and helpful staff to assist you throughout your stay. I have taken the liberty to share your comments with the Hotel team as such feedback always gives that little extra incentive to do it even better the next time. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

Great location, check in staff were friendly and helpful, rooms were clean an well presented the breakfast was good. Selectii of cold or hot food. Ncp car park next door gives 50% discount to hotel guests which is a good saving, overall a good place to stay in the centre of the city. 5 min walk from New street station.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear adejefan,

Thank you for your kind comments following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre. I am delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Myself and a friend stayed here recently after a concert at the LG arena. We had booked a couple of months in advance to get a great rate on our twin room.
It is in a great location! A 2-3 minute walk from Birmingham New Street and five minutes away from the Bullring shopping centre! We arrived 15 minutes before check in with the hopes that our room would be ready however it was not. We didn't expect it to have been (despite other visitors rooms being ready), however the staff member who dealt with us did not check up with housekeeping to see when our room would be ready. Instead another employee asked us 20 minutes later if we were waiting for our room and checked with housekeeping and got us checked in despite the staff member who we originally dealt with still being there.
Despite this, the room was lovely. A great size and very clean. Unfortunately it was not one of the renovated rooms which was a disappointment. We were on the third floor and it was quite noisy beaching onto queensway, however it is to be expected in the city centre.
The only other issue was that every time I rolled over in bed, the bed rolled too!! It didn't hamper my sleep, however it could easily have been an issue for someone else!
I would still stay here again however I would book in advance again in order to get the best rate. I don't think I would pay normal rates for this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Bora001, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Dear avery_x,

Thank you for your kind review following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre. I am delighted to hear that enjoyed your stay. I can assure you that your comments about checking in experience will be looked in to by the Reception Manager. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Stayed here for 1 night whilst visiting the NIA. Is in a great location, just by the train station and close to the shops and approx 20-25 min walk to the NIA. Room was comfortable although the bathroom location could be better, toilet was right next to head of the bed. Staff were all very helpful and friendly with a swift check in. Breakfast was included which had a great choice. I would recommend a high level room as the noise from outside did disturb during the night. Would however stay here again.

Room Tip: Go for a room on a higher level to hopefully keep out the outside noise.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Bora001, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Dear ElaineBristol,

Thank you for your kind review following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre. I am delighted to hear that we were able to deliver your expectations from a Holiday Inn and that you found the hotel helpful and friendly. I will raise your comments with the Hotel architects for future references also. Being located in the middle of Birmingham City Centre can cause some traffic noise outside, even though the Hotel benefits from double glazed windows. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

My partner and I returned home yesterday from a weekend break staying here and we couldn't fault it. We have stayed here many years ago but was really surprised at the hotel rooms as they have been refurbished and we were blown away with our room. The room was so big, it was clean, and had everything we needed. The location is ideal for shopping in the city centre and it is very near a vast variety of restaurants. Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear jepc86,

Thank you for your excellent review following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre. I am delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. It is also very encouraging to hear that you liked the improvements we have made to this property over the years. I have taken the liberty to share your comments with the Hotel team, as I believe that such feedback does give that little extra incentive to do it even better the next time. We hope to welcome you back soon.