“Business hotel in central Birmngham”

Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre
Ranked #66 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed November 10, 2013

The hotel is in the very centre of Birmingham close to the station and the shops. Stayed for one night on business in an Executive Room, which was spacious, clean and well-equipped. The area around the hotel s very busy but I didn't hear too much noise either rom inside or outside the hotel. All in all, fine for a one night stay on business.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Bora001, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Dear traveller_constant,

Thank you for kind review following your recent visit to the Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre. I am delighted to hear that we were able to deliver your expectations from a Holiday Inn. I have taken the liberty to share your comments with the Hotel team as it gives that little extra incentive to do it even better the next time. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Chose this as it was relatively cheap, but wish I'd found somewhere else. Room was on the fifth floor, but could hear noise from the street at all hours. The traffic was bad enough, but the scores of drunken revellers emerging from the pubs and clubs (until 5am) ensured that I didn't get any rest at all. Property is in a shady part of town and I didn't feel comfortable walking here from New Street Station at night time. Wouldn't stay here again.

Room itself was clean and comfortable, and staff were polite and friendly, but if I can't get a good night's sleep, what's the point?

Room Tip: Choose a room in a different hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Dear AntSimons,

Thank you for your recent comments following your stay at the Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre. I am sorry to hear that you found the property in need of refurbishment outside and the area to be run down. There is a massive refurbishment works happening at the New Street Train station which is on our door step. This is adding extra traffic and footfall in to the area. Even though the Hotel benefits fully from double glazed windows, it is obvious that you were not happy with the noise from outside. I will pass on your comments on to the Local Authorities during my monthly meetings, as we have limited control over outside the Hotel. I hope this incident has not permanently marred your opinion of us. We hope to welcome you back in future.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

The problem with the Holiday Inn brand is its inconsistency, which makes a mockery of branding. There are some great Holiday Inns out there, and there are some clunkers.

This is one of the better examples. Quick checkin, efficient welcoming staff. Good sized room, nice bar and scrupulously clean throughout. It's situation is very convenient next to New Street station and across the road form the Chinese Quarter, only a 2 min walk from the Bull Ring centre, it's location is difficult to beat.

This hotel recognises the IHG program, as a platinum I was upgraded and given a free drink voucher.

My room was well soundproofed and I had a great nights sleep, definitely recommended.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear fortyboohoo,

Thank you for your kind comments following your recent visit to the Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre. I am delighted to hear that we were able to deliver and exceed your expectations from a Holiday Inn and that your IHG Rewards Club membership was recognised on arrival, as we value our loyal customers. I have shared your comments with the Hotel team, as such feedback gives that little extra incentive to do it even better the next time. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

A typical Holiday Inn in some respects really, this one does look a bit ‘tired’ in places externally and could do with a bit of a refit – saying that it might have something to do with its location in the centre of Brum! Inside, clean tidy and well presented in public areas. But disappointed that as a Platinum loyalty card holder my room wasn’t upgraded on arrival as it should have been but, then again I didn’t question it! I did get a nice letter from the manager and a drink voucher at the bar so my ‘status’ was recognised.

Anyway….. rooms were clean and tidy with all the extras one could want, drink prices in the bar actually reasonable for a hotel of this standard and every single one of the staff I came across in my 3 day stay, helpful and pleasant. The concierge guys really helpful and made a couple of good restaurant recommendations.

Bar food looked good and so too did the restaurant (although I didn’t eat either) – for those of you with a Gourmet Club card the restaurant here offers you 50% off your food bill so well worth going! Breakfast buffet was fresh, hot, plentiful and tasty – very nicely done in fact!
Very convenient to Birmingham Hippodrome and the two other theatres around there, New Street station, Bull Ring and Chinatown – all within about 2 mins walk.

Would I stay again…. yes, I would with little issue.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Bora001, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Dear Babbamnk,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to review your latest experience at the Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre. I am delighted to see that we were able to deliver and exceed your expectations from a Holiday Inn. Regarding your IHG Reward Club status; I am pleased to hear that you were recognised on arrival as a Platinum member. Please note that the complimentary upgrades are subject to availability. Due to Hotel being fully booked, we were not able to upgrade your room on this occasion. I have taken the liberty to pass on your kind comments to all staff involved as it gives that little extra incentive to do it even better the next time. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

you get what you book here - international chain, designed to move people in and out and give them a comfortable night sleep. So clean and comfortable, but a totally soulless experience with no positive atmospehere. This is next to main train station and busy city motorways so you definitely do not go here for the sights or any tourist type enjoyment, just for the night's sleep and escape as fast as you can the next day.

Room Tip: the rooms are all pretty standard hotel chain fare, but maybe to be away from street noise you wnat...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Bora001, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Dear TripperKlaus,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to review your latest experience at the Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre. I am sorry to see that we were not able to make a very good impression on you, as we always take pride in our service delivery standards throughout the Hotel. I am also disappointed to see that we missed out an opportunity to highlight what Birmingham has to offer as the 2nd City. We hope to welcome you back soon (and ensure that you receive all the information about where to visit in Birmingham).

Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for just one night. We arrived early and were able to leave our bags whilst we went sightseeing. Our room was adequate with a lovely tv and very comfortable beds. The bathroom looked a bit tired and could do with a makeover but overall we were more than satisfied. We paid £15 for breakfast which in my opinion is far too much. The breakfast was good with what you would expect, but no better than their rivals and double the price! The location of this hotel is excellent and we'd definitely stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013
Bora001, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Dear jillybacon,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to review your latest experience at the Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre.I am delighted that we were able to deliver your expectations from a Holiday Inn. Regarding breakfast pricing; we have 2 offers currently. If purchased the night before, we offer a competitively rated breakfast at £10.50 per person. Also, we have a 2 for 1 offer at the weekends. (both subject to Terms and Conditions). We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

A very very good holiday inn in a great location within walking distance of new street station. Brilliant rooms.
Only downside is that it can get a little noisy due to central location. We paid extra for the breakfast which is expensive but very nice and all you could ever want for breakfast! Managed to get quite a good deal on this hotel and paid £66 for a twin room on a Friday night. Excellent value for what you get. Would stay again.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank James P
Bora001, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear James P,

Thank you for your kind review following your recent visit to the Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre. I am delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. For those not on Breakfast inclusive rate, we do offer a very competitive rate of £10.50 per person if purchased the night before (terms and conditions apply) and at the weekends, we offer 2 for 1 breakfast at the rate of £15.45. We hope to welcome you back in future.