“Friendly and well trained staff”

Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre
Ranked #61 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Milton Keynes
“Friendly and well trained staff”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

If you need to be in central Brum, look no further. The Executive room I had was not huge but well appointed ( loved the chocolate). What often sets these large chain hotels apart is the staff. They were excellent all around. The management must be good. Will be staying again.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Joanna O, Marketing Executive at Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, responded to this review, May 3, 2016
Dear BoldlyGO,

Thank you for your kind comments. I will be sure to let our staff know how much of an impact they made on your experience. This is really one of the things that we try to maintain in our hotel. Hoping to see you again soon.

Joanna
Marketing Executive

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (391)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I have reviewed this hotel a few times now and have to say i haven't had a bad stay yet. As I've said before it is very central for everything, rooms are immaculate and staff efficient and friendly. I always pay the extra for a superior/ deluxe room so am unable to comment on their standard rooms. As a gold member of their loyalty scheme we normally get a couple of complimentary drinks vouchers, however we had to share one this time?? though the complimentary water and chocolate bar was a nice touch.
If you get a good deal on price this is a great hotel........

Room Tip: Rooms at the front are quite noisy with road traffic/ taxis - so if you need peace and quiet ask for...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Fethi H, Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your stay with us.

I am so glad you were happy with all aspects of your stay, and I will pass these on to all the staff at the hotel.

I look forward to seeing you again.

Fethi Hmaisi
Loondon
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Popped up to Birmingham for the weekend. Very well located (close to the gay bars & clubs). The room was very pleasant (duvets though? Really?) and the bed was HUGE. We had the breakfast one morning (£15 for 2 deal) and it was OK but nothing to get excited about. If you are coming up by car, be warned: a space in the grounds of the hotel will cost you £15 for 24hrs. A better deal is to pop round the corner to the China Court Car Park where, with proof of residence from the hotel, you can get the same deal for a tenner! (You will have to pay to park your car anywhere near the hotel - it's a city centre, not some sleepy hamlet), it's just a question of how much you're willing to pay and what security you're prepared to pay for). Free wifi, free tea & coffee and very helpful staff.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Francophil27
Dear value Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay with us. I will pass on your remarks to
our staff .

I look forward to seeing you again soon at the Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre,

kind regard

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We paid 52 pounds for a saturday night which was great value given the location and the general level of comfort. Unfortunately Birmingham is one of the ugliest, badly planned, and characterless cities I have had the misfortune to visit don't go unless you have to.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank William B
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us, I am so glad everything went well. We hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back again soon to the holiday inn Birmingham city centre

kind regard

Operation Manager
Dudley, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Stayed overnight to attend a wedding reception.
Staff were very friendly. The room (though small) had everything you need for a very comfortable night's sleep.Very clean and well appointed.
Perfect position for shopping. Car parking overnight very expensive.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank johnjudypartridge
Dear valued guest,
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre.
We are delighted that the room you were allocated was to your satisfaction. I am also so glad everything went well. I will pass your comments to our team.
Once again, thank you for taking the time and trouble to write.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre.
Kind Regards
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 9, 2013

This hotel is mid price range and you get what you pay for. It's in the city centre with Bull Ring and New Street shopping within 5 mins. If you arrive by train take the new Southwest exit and you're almost opposite the Hotel. If you're driving there's a NCP in the next street. It really is so well situated for everythng in the city centre it has a lot to offer.
It's feels like a 1970's type Hotel, a bit jaded, worn carpets, dark corridors, dated decor and only one of the two lifts worked. When i arrived there was a long queue of people waiting to check in which was something I've rarely experienced in other hotels. After the long wait to check in there was a long wait for the one operational lift. Exiting the lift, the corridor was dark only lit up when sensors monitored you moving.
My bedroom was on the 2nd floor looking over the road which became noisy around 6.00 a.m. Strangely the decor was definitely 1970 psychadelic colours and designs but with a large 'all singing all dancing ' SmartTV ! There's a safe, fridge, iron and hair dryer provided which is really brilliant but there was no mirror in the room atall which was odd so you had to dry your hair without seeing what you were doing?.Bed was huge and comfy with lovely duvet and pillows. Bathroom was well appointed, bath + shower, shampoos, creams, big towels fab !
Breakfast offered good choice and replenished regularly, again the decor and furniture in the restaurant area was so dated but the staff were helpful and friendly.
I'd definitely use this Hotel again

Room Tip: My 2nd floor room overlooking the road did become a little noisy with traffic from 6.00 a.m so maybe...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank whatahol
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear whatahol,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am pleased you liked the location of our hotel. I would also like apologize for any inconvenience the hotel conditions may have caused you. Our goal is to provide clean and comfortable stay to all of our valued guest and make their stay a memorable one. I want to assure you that the issues you have raised will be addressed and appropriate actions will be taken. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stayed at this hotel as I was going to the Beyonce concert at the LG Arena. I really enjoyed my stay here, my room was very spacious and comfortable. Both the bedroom and bathroom were very clean and had excellent amenities. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. I liked the location of the hotel as it is very conveniently situated about a 5 minute walk from New Street Station and The Bull Ring shopping centre. I did not eat in the hotel so I cannot comment on the quality of the food. The temperature of my bedroom was a little cold but I was able to adjust the heating to suit me. I have stayed at The Holiday Inn in different cities before and was very impressed so that is what made me book to stay here this time. I would definitely recommend this hotel. The prices are very reasonable too. Loved it!

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors are less likely to have noise from outside.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jessica G
Fethi H, Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre.

kind regards