Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Bar/Lounge
1,699 results
All reviewsnew street stationcity centreexecutive roomncp car parkbull ringstreet noisehigh floorsaturday nighttrain stationflat screen tvquiet roomearly hoursmin walkstayed here for one nightnight's sleepcomfy bedfull english
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stopped at the hotel for a couple of nights as part of a weekend including a theatre trip and the rooms were fine, a little dated in that there was a cigarette burn on the bedside table, how many years has it been since smoking was banned in hotels? The rooms are a good size and the only thing lacking was a guide to the features of the hotel, was the WiFi free or not and that sort of thing.

What let it down was the evening meal, the restaurant was doing a buffet and we took one look and said no thanks, everything looked dried out and unappetising. The choice off the bar menu was somewhat limited but the English Classic burger we has was nice but the chips a little underdone. The breakfast was good, plenty of choice and quality was high.

The hotel is ideally located for the theatres both the Alex which is just around the corner and the Hippodrome which is a short walk as is the main shopping area of Birmingham. You are also a few minutes’ walk from Birmingham’s China Town so my advice stop here but go out to eat in the evening.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Fabio B, Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear valued guest,
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre.
Regarding the restaurant; please accept our apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused. We try our best to ensure all guests do get a great service from our team I will pass the comments to my team to see if such problems doesn’t occur in the future.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I booked over the phone thinking I was calling the hotel direct to find I was through to a reservation centre with someone who didn't speak very good English and couldn't understand me.

I checked in the lady who checked me in had no customer service skills as such!
Did not smile once, seemed like she didn't want to be there! Didn't say a lot! And very slow I was there for ages!

I asked if they had a bar to which I was told yes! But as it was late I can't pay cash and have to leave a security swipe to open a bar fridge in my room!
So I didn't bother and went to a bar which wanted my business!

I was charged £55 for one night stay which is good value!

I travel to birmingham a lot and never stayed here before, so thought I'd give it a try!

Location is ok although the exterior and road it's situated on is grotty!
The reception is located round the back down some alley way it looks like I couldn't initially find the entrance!
Nice welcome with two big bins outside!

I enquired about parking and its majourly over priced so i parked in the Arcadian which was cheaper!

Was placed in room 101 which is right on the end, of what is a very noisy road traffic noise, horns and shouting all night! In what looks a dodgy area!

I only stayed 1 night however on receiving my bank statement have been charged twice!!!! So I have paid £110 for one night!
For that price I could have stayed at a better hotel!

Currently querying this with management!

Spoke to someone and let's see if they call me back today after 3pm

Apparently I extended the stay at 2pm ish although when enquiring this earlier on in the night was told I couldn't extend as they were full??

So how have I been charged twice!
We shall see if this gets sorted!

On another note rooms seem very basic considering!
No proper wardrobe
I had one spare pillow and one soft one and a hard one!
With no instructions on how to get which ones you wanted and the spare pillow had no indication of which it was so how your pillow menu works I don't know as couldn't find it!

Could not seem to get the heating to work so was very cold room all night. Weirdly every time I changed the temperature up! It automatically reset back to another temperature lower than what I requested and you can't select the function of heat/fan or air con as it says on the instructions!

Room was big although shower room seemed small with grubby shower curtain and the first hotel I've stayed in with 2 seperate shower/bath taps and two shower heads etc!

Corridors seemed gloomy and dull and I received no instructions how to get to my room so walked to the wrong end of the long corridor initially!

Free wi-fi is useless and keeps cutting off and had to enquire about how to use it! Instructions for this are not clear enough and had been failed to be told at reception on check in which I would have thought be standard procedure as I'm not a mind reader yet!

I'd definitely only stay here as a last resort in the future! Didn't eat or drink here as no one seems bothered here I felt like I was an inconvenience!

So if this payment is not sorted I shall be enquiring with my bank as this was unauthorised!

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre.

Our hotel is conveniently located in the heart of the city centre.

With regards to the noise from outside; I have taken this matter up with the Local Authorities as we do not have any control over the environment outside the building, yet it is also a great concern to us. As being a commercial property, there are set procedures when dealing with those incidents which require a lot time and forms to be filled in. To support our case with the Local Authorities, I will be sharing your invaluable comments with them. Being a City Centre property, you would expect to have some outside noise. Even though, we have experienced similar incidents last year, we can not inform all customers of what could happen, as this is not a regular issue.

Regarding the Bar; please accept our apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused. We try our best to ensure all guests do get a great stay and a great service from our team. Unfortunately we don’t accept cash after 11pm so that we have only residents at the bar. Thank you once again, for your constructive comments.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Great stay,service is top nosh,rooms are not average but suitable for the price.all modern which I think is important furnishes ae lovely.checkin upon arrival was easy staff were nice.
Again very nice all round and would defiantly recommend to anyone who's on a nice tightly budget

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Dear valued guest,
We are delighted that the room you were allocated was to your satisfaction. I am also so glad everything went well. I will pass your comments to our team.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

The Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre is strategically located within 10 minutes of brisk walking to the bustling Birmingham New Street station with regular services to and from London (1 hour 20 minutes away by Virgin Trains) and other parts of the UK, and also to the futuristic Bullring Shopping Mall anchored by Selfridges and Debenhams department stores.

The Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre reminds me of the Holiday Inn Los Angeles International Airport, which while totally serviceable, provides a quick and comfortable transit stop rather than a relaxing vacation residence, and lacks facilities such as a pool and a gym.

Staff are generally friendly, but service can be tardy, as perhaps can be expected of a busy hotel. A call for an ice bucket was not fulfilled despite a reminder after an hour’s wait, and we had to personally make a trip down to the lobby bar to bring up the ice.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Fabio B, Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear valued guest,
Regarding the ice; please accept our apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused. We try our best to ensure all guests do get a great service from our team I will pass the comments to my team to see if such problems doesn’t occur in the future.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

As per all the Holiday Inn's I have stopped in they have shown great service, great value for money and lovely rooms. This one is just as I would have expected. The only thing that lets this one down is the hideous views of the building work, the roofs and the ring road in Birmingham, but it can't really do anything about that. If you want a business hotel though to work in it can't be beaten.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Our hotel is conveniently located in the heart of the city centre.

Kind Regards,