“good room, fair price”

Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre
Ranked #67 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I spent two nights at this hotel last week. The room rate was extremely fair, and the breakfast was excellent. The hotel is close to three train stations and a multitude of shopping. Look into this property if business or pleasure brings you to Birmingham.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Fabio B, Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Dear DLNOLA,

Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Birmingham City. It is always most encouraging to receive such feedback from our customers, such as you.
Our hotel is conveniently located in the heart of the city center.

I am glad you liked your room accommodation.

We look forward to welcome you back soon.

Management

Write a ReviewReviews (1,618)

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Had a one night stay, as my son went to a gig at the 02...perfect location for it, just a few minutes walk away.
Also close for the Bullring and the Hippodrome
Parking is very limited, you have to pre-book, and I was too late, however there is another car park about 5 minutes walk away (Apcopa I think it was called, in the Chinese Quarter). On presentation of your bill, you get a discount ( I paid £10 for 24 hours )
The staff explained that the NCP car park, adjacent to the hotel is more expensive and not as secure.
The room was fine, and as we went at the weekend, our breakfasts were BOGOF.
The beds were extremely comfy!
The staff were very helpful and polite.
Security is tight...when we returned late in the evening.we had to show our key cards to a doorman.
I booked early, was £65 for the room, great price! I did book it very early though, and it was not refundable.
Would certainly stay again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear sally b,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre.

We are delighted that the room you were allocated was to your satisfaction. I am also so glad everything went well. I will pass your comments to our team.

Once again, thank you for taking the time and trouble to write.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed October 26, 2012

I stayed here overnight on a business trip. The room was clean and tidy as expected and contained all the usual amenities. Breakfast was buffet style with a wide choice. Location wise this is just round the corner so very easy to get to after a long trip on the train.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Fabio B, Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2012

Dear Dom_D123,

Thank you for your lovely review on your recent stay with us, I am so glad everything went well. We hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back again soon.

Concerning the Restaurant breakfast, it is very encouraging to receive your comments.

Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Stayed in a twin room for one night with a friend.
Large room and cleaned to an acceptable standard.
Large TV, plenty of wardrobe space and other amenities.
We didn't book too far in advance but it was still very cheap.
We thought this was better than previous hotels we have stayed in whilst visiting Birmingham with higher star ratings and price.
The room was facing the main road so it was a bit loud if we had the windows open, but otherwise the air con worked perfectly well.

However, we had one issue. The bathroom door was SEE THROUGH. It was frosted, but since it was the entire length of the door (within a wooden frame), and the door being right next to the loo, it was quite...intimate...?! This was a problem since you could see A LOT. Considering I stayed with a male friend (I am female)...it was a bit awkward to say the least!

Otherwise, the hotel was extremely good value for money, close to the station and a short walk to bars/clubs/restaurants so we didn't need any taxis. Happily stay again. Though, will probably take a poster or something to cover the bathroom door.....

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Dear putkinslikesed,

Once again, thank you for taking the time and trouble to write.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed October 23, 2012

So glad I was only there for one night! Found someone's socks under the bed!,The TV did not work,and the water did not drain away in the shower,bin men arrived around 5.00am and the bed and pillows most uncomfortable.
I am a Gold card holder and when I complained in the morning the receptionist said I should of called to get it sorted,but it is not what you expect of Holiday Inn Hotels. £13.95 was the charge for tea,toast and cereal in the morning l!! when I asked if this could be refunded due to the problems I was told no
My colleagues also said they had a bad nights sleep due to noise and uncomfortable beds,the only good thing about the hotel is it is a walk from the station hopefully I will never be back

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Fabio B, Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Dear Shawsy_11,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre.

In order to investigate any concerns you experienced during your stay, I’d appreciate if you could contact the Hotel directly.

We hope to welcome you back at the Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

As we travelled by train, very handy as litterally took us 3 minutes walk from New Street Station. Quick check in and warm welcome but we were on an odd 'SP' floor looking onto city street. NOt sure if it was up or down from reception! Windows were half way up the wall and covered by wooden shutters. Excellent power shower. I always thought that you knew what you were getting with Holiday Inn even if not great but I found this a bit odd. Had 3 kids with me but our 2 rooms were at completely opposite ends of a long corridor.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear 54Maggie

Thank you for taking time to write your review.

It is my regret that you found problem with the "SP" floor. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to delight our guests. We are I the process to refurbish all the "SP" rooms to a modern style.

Thank you once again, for your constructive comments.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Stayed here for one night on 13th October 2012.
Upon arrival was upgraded to an executive room on the 9th floor as a gold member of the premier rewards scheme. This was very kind, as were the complimentary drinks at the bar that evening, so thanks for that.
Having stayed at the hotel before, I did think think that whilst the executive room was bigger, had bath robes, slippers, a complimentary bar of diary milk chocolate, and non-complimentary mini bar, the ordinary room I'd stayed at before was better as it been updated and generally felt more modern and comfortable.
Breakfast the next Sunday morning was I think extraordinarily busy due to the Cliff Richard fan club who had been in residence the previous evening. Despite this the staff at breakfast coped well with the extra numbers and the breakfast experience was overall a good one, despite the queues for toast.
This is a good hotel, it's obvious the management take care about what goes on in the hotel, especially at night, when the very polite and professional security guy takes the time to check who is coming into the hotel and is not afraid to implement the strict access rules after hours for non-residents.

Room Tip: It is probably best to get a room at the back of the hotel or on a high floor at the weekend, mid-we...