“Good value for money, good location. Overall, satisfactory”

Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre
Ranked #63 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
London
“Good value for money, good location. Overall, satisfactory”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Stayed in a twin room for one night with a friend.
Large room and cleaned to an acceptable standard.
Large TV, plenty of wardrobe space and other amenities.
We didn't book too far in advance but it was still very cheap.
We thought this was better than previous hotels we have stayed in whilst visiting Birmingham with higher star ratings and price.
The room was facing the main road so it was a bit loud if we had the windows open, but otherwise the air con worked perfectly well.

However, we had one issue. The bathroom door was SEE THROUGH. It was frosted, but since it was the entire length of the door (within a wooden frame), and the door being right next to the loo, it was quite...intimate...?! This was a problem since you could see A LOT. Considering I stayed with a male friend (I am female)...it was a bit awkward to say the least!

Otherwise, the hotel was extremely good value for money, close to the station and a short walk to bars/clubs/restaurants so we didn't need any taxis. Happily stay again. Though, will probably take a poster or something to cover the bathroom door.....

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Fabio B, Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Dear putkinslikesed,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre.

We are delighted that the room you were allocated was to your satisfaction. I am also so glad everything went well. I will pass your comments to our team.

Once again, thank you for taking the time and trouble to write.

Kind Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (385)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

So glad I was only there for one night! Found someone's socks under the bed!,The TV did not work,and the water did not drain away in the shower,bin men arrived around 5.00am and the bed and pillows most uncomfortable.
I am a Gold card holder and when I complained in the morning the receptionist said I should of called to get it sorted,but it is not what you expect of Holiday Inn Hotels. £13.95 was the charge for tea,toast and cereal in the morning l!! when I asked if this could be refunded due to the problems I was told no
My colleagues also said they had a bad nights sleep due to noise and uncomfortable beds,the only good thing about the hotel is it is a walk from the station hopefully I will never be back

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Fabio B, Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Shawsy_11,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre.

In order to investigate any concerns you experienced during your stay, I’d appreciate if you could contact the Hotel directly.

We hope to welcome you back at the Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre.

Management

Travelers are raving about these Birmingham hotels

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

As we travelled by train, very handy as litterally took us 3 minutes walk from New Street Station. Quick check in and warm welcome but we were on an odd 'SP' floor looking onto city street. NOt sure if it was up or down from reception! Windows were half way up the wall and covered by wooden shutters. Excellent power shower. I always thought that you knew what you were getting with Holiday Inn even if not great but I found this a bit odd. Had 3 kids with me but our 2 rooms were at completely opposite ends of a long corridor.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear 54Maggie

Thank you for taking time to write your review.

It is my regret that you found problem with the "SP" floor. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to delight our guests. We are I the process to refurbish all the "SP" rooms to a modern style.

Thank you once again, for your constructive comments.

Bristol
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

Stayed here for one night on 13th October 2012.
Upon arrival was upgraded to an executive room on the 9th floor as a gold member of the premier rewards scheme. This was very kind, as were the complimentary drinks at the bar that evening, so thanks for that.
Having stayed at the hotel before, I did think think that whilst the executive room was bigger, had bath robes, slippers, a complimentary bar of diary milk chocolate, and non-complimentary mini bar, the ordinary room I'd stayed at before was better as it been updated and generally felt more modern and comfortable.
Breakfast the next Sunday morning was I think extraordinarily busy due to the Cliff Richard fan club who had been in residence the previous evening. Despite this the staff at breakfast coped well with the extra numbers and the breakfast experience was overall a good one, despite the queues for toast.
This is a good hotel, it's obvious the management take care about what goes on in the hotel, especially at night, when the very polite and professional security guy takes the time to check who is coming into the hotel and is not afraid to implement the strict access rules after hours for non-residents.

Room Tip: It is probably best to get a room at the back of the hotel or on a high floor at the weekend, mid-we...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Fabio B, Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Dear Dimeander,

Thank you for your lovely review on your recent stay with us, I am so glad everything went well and our staff have looked after you. We hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back again soon.

Concerning the Restaurant breakfast, it is very encouraging to receive your comments.We will also look at the way of easy up the queues.

Thank you again for your review.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

I only stayed here for the one night I was in Birmingham for. It's adequate enough and clean so it does the job. Probably wouldn't consider staying more than a couple of nights, however its location isn't something to be overlooked.

Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Fabio B, Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear mhll,

Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Birmingham City. It is always most encouraging to receive such feedback from our customers.

We look forward to welcome you back soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

My daughter had an audition in the city for 10am. We arrived on an early morning flight and decided to go to the hotel to leave our cases and maybe to freshen up in one of their bathroom. The girl at the reception ( I think her name was Jana) pleasantly surprised us by offering to check us in earlier even though we had not requested this at the time of our booking which was entirely our fault. She was exceptional in the way she checked us in and ensured that everything was arranged including our taxi back to the airport the next day. She did all this with a smile and a welcoming warmth. Now that's what I call "customer service"! The room was spacious and clean. I couldn't have asked for more. I will surely be back!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Ayolala
Dear Ayolala,

We are delighted that the customer service you received was outstanding. I am also so glad everything went well. I will pass your comments to our team.

Once again, thank you for taking the time and trouble to write.

Kind Regards,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

Definitely enjoyed my stay at the holiday Inn City centre in Birmingham. Love the executive room. Thought it was clean and just feel very comfortable. Free and strong Internet was a plus! Walking distance to the Bull Ring made it even a superb choice. Will want to stay again in this hotel if going back to Birmingham

• Stayed October 2012
Fabio B, Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear Truffles01,

Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Birmingham City. It is always most encouraging to receive such feedback from our customers, such as you.
Our hotel is conveniently located in the heart of the city center.

I am glad you liked your room accommodation. Concerning the Internet, it is very encouraging to receive your comments on the internet quality.

We look forward to welcome you back soon.