“More than we was expecting”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Westmead Hotel

Westmead Hotel
Ranked #45 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
London, United Kingdom
“More than we was expecting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

We stayed at Westmead Hotel on 24th of May for our anniversary weekend and we went for the Cadbury’s world package. All I had to do was book the hotel room and the time I would like to go to Cadbury’s world and it was all done for me. It was hassle free. The hotel was beautiful, we were very pleased with our room and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was delicious, hot and they had plenty of choice. We received the Cadbury’s world tickets as soon as we checked in and we enjoyed the whole over all experience. We will definitely visit again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Ben P, Owner at Westmead Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor.

It is a pleasure to know that you had overall enjoyed your anniversary stay with us and were pleased with the hotel, location, facilities as well as the service of our associates. Your kind feedback is much appreciated.

Having also noted your comment with regards to your hassle free experience, we always do our utmost to give all of our guests every assistance . I am delighted that you found our breakfast offering to be more than adequate ,and of good value.

Thank you once again and we look forward t welcoming you back on your next visit.

Kind regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

Stayed here for one night for a wedding. The cleanliness of the suite we had was very disappointing. The toilet and bathroom especially. The general decor was tired and dated, New carpet and paint needed. General public areas also need updating. After having to wait 20 minutes for breakfast to be served this was disappointing too.would not stay at The westmead again as I am sure there are plenty of other nicer hotels in the area.

Room Tip: Suite not worth the money
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Ben P, Owner at Westmead Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Thank you for your posting your review on Trip Advisor.

We are very sorry to read from your review that you had encountered some poor housekeeping standards and your stay proved to be disappointing. In addition you found that some of our public areas were in need of refurbishment.

Please be assured that it is never our intention to disappoint our guests in any way and your feedback has been addressed to the concerned manager for further review. However, I would very much appreciate the opportunity to speak to you personally and therefore kindly ask you to contact me on ben.panesar@westmeadhotel.co.uk or 0121 445 1202.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write your review and we look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards
Redditch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

Stayed here while waiting for relocation reasons.
The rooms at the back are quietest, up in he 40's if you want to request a room.
The beds are massive and very comfy, the rooms are nicely done and don't look tired or dated.
I stayed for nearly a month and found all of the staff to be nothing but helpful and friendly.
It has some great conference facilities and you can have your wedding there if you want (looks to be good value!)
The food is a little pretentious if you are looking for basic but it is very tasty non the less.
Good for families or business stays.

Andy.

Room Tip: rooms at the back are quietest, the road noise could be an issue at the front. Ask when you book.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Ben P, Owner at Westmead Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear Andy

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip advisor and for choosing to stay at The Westmead Hotel.

We are pleased to read your positive review and are glad you had a wonderful experience. It is our mission to delight our guests every time and we are glad that you left with pleasant memories. I have shared your feedback with the team as a means of encouragement to them to continue to give the best service to all our guests.

Thank you again for not only sharing your experience, but recomending our hotel for both leisure and business purposes.We hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Best Regards
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

I recently stayed at the Westmead Hotel with work (a group of about 30 of us). I cannot fault this hotel - the staff were friendly and extremely helpful - nothing was too much trouble - the facilities for conferencing were exactly as we requested and the food was great.
I would recommend this hotel for either a business trip or just for pleasure. My room was clean, comfy and I couldn't hear any traffic from the nearby road.

Ben P, Owner at Westmead Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your positive feedback on TripAdvisor.

I was pleased to hear that you had a great stay , a productive conference , and that you had enjoyed the food on offer.Your praises for staff and the hospitality services provided during your stay and for the conferencing facilities ,and its surrounding environment is highly appreciated.

The team and I would like to thank you for choosing the Westmead Hotel- we do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back on another occasion.

Best regards
Cornwall
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

Second time staying for business.
All staff friendly and helpful in all areas.
Room, huge and clean with lovely toiletries and good linen.
Some of the public areas are quite dated and need a little bit of TLC
Restaurant, although a little pricey serves excellent meals, I had the monkfish in parma ham which was cooked to perfection. Huge choice for breakfast and good quality.
Defiantly my hotel of choice when taking the long trip for a meeting in Birmingham, recommended.

Ben P, Manager at Westmead Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear Pam Davey

Many thanks for taking the time to offer this positive and enthusiastic review of your most recent experience with us at the Westmead Hotel! From your noticing the great choice for breakfast, to the cleanliness and excellent food enjoyed, your thoughts are much appreciated and will hopefully assist many more in making the decision to give us a try!

As for the public areas ,it is envisaged that more capital will be made available later on this year for the refurbishment.

Thank you for your repeat patronage.

Best Regards,
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

My company has used several hotels for our sales conferences in the past 10 years that I have worked for them and this has to be the best one so far. There were 14 delegates of which 11 stayed overnight for one night. Our company 's sales operation is UK wide so the venue being located in the Midlands close to the M42 was perfect. Also being just 15-20 mins from Birmingham airport was another plus.

The hotel has a big car park at the side and rear of the building and there was plenty of room for maybe 150-200 cars. The reception was well appointed, nicely staff were all very helpful and friendly. Check-in and check- out was very efficient. Amy was a star!

The meeting room was modern, clean and more than adequate with excellent air conditioning The 50-60" screen Plasma TV was much better to use than projectors and screens that we have had to use in venues previously The refreshments were served at the allocated time by staff who could not do enough for us and the home cooked white chocolate warm biscuits were to die for.
We had ordered a buffet style lunch for both days which arrived promptly for when we wanted it. The buffet was different on both days and was of excellent quality and beautifully laid out..
We dined in the restaurant in the evening and again the meal was of very good quality,perfectly cooked,satisfying and served by pleasant attentive staff. The bar stayed open late - not sure how late as I went to bed at 1.15am and again, the bar staff were very pleasant.

I stayed in room 38 which was up 2 small flights of stairs and the room itself was modern, clean and had an enormous comfortable bed. I just wish I had got to spend longer in it!
There were complimentary toiletries and big fluffy towels and the shower worked properly unlike in some places I have stayed where the poor water pressure means you have to spend half an hour in there. Coffee / tea facilities were available in the room , so were extra towels, an iron and a hair-dryer which is a must for me.

It is very hard to get everthing right and keep everyone happy especially in the hotel business but the guy that runs this is doing a superb job. I seriously could not find fault and I am a picky person having stayed in probably over 200 hotels in the last 10 years.

This hotel ticked all the boxes for me; Great location, Fantastic facilities, Excellent accommodation Awesome food and most importantly, superb staff. Thank you very much and hopefully we will be back soon!

Ben P, Owner at Westmead Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to say thank you for the wonderful review about Westmead Hotel and its facilities, which you have taken the time to share in TripAdvisor.

It is with great pleasure that I have read through your comments, it seemed that you had a really productive meeting with overnight stay ,and found the facilties to be apprpriate in all respects. Your kind appreciation for the high level of hospitality service provided by our colleagues during your stay, has been communicated to the entire team to keep them inspired and motivated to provide to all of our valued guests the high level of service you have experienced during in the time at the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Westmead Hotel in the near future.

Yours sincerely,
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

Went today for afternoon tea, lovely experience. Well worth the money, tea for two, it was enough for three!!! Staff very friendly and attentive. I've also been here twice on New Year's Eve and although busier received the same excellent service and food wonderful.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Ben P, Owner at Westmead Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Tracey

Thank you very much for your review “Afternoon Tea” in tripadvisor following your recent experience at Westmead Hotel. It is always a pleasure to share a great experience and your comments are wonderful. We are happy to hear that your experience with us was positive and at New Years Eve celebrations.

I am pleased that you found the service to be excellent and the food wonderful.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Westmead Hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards,