I tend to give my ratings taking into account the price paid and how the hotel is marketed. This is a hotel on the outskirts of Birmingham where you get to stay for approximately £40/night. For that price, I do not expect a spa or 5 star hotel amenities!
What I did get for my £40 was a comfortable and squeaky clean room. I emailed ahead of time to ask a few questions and they were answered promptly and cheerfully by Damien. Getting to the hotel isn't that easy on foot (I was coming from New Street station) so would suggest a taxi if you don't know the area. My welcome at reception was warm and the friendliness continued with the chatty guy in the lift who was repairing a sign.
My room was basic but had everything I needed. It was spotless with a little pod bathroom making great use of space-the shower was particularly spacious. A kind of universal cleaning gel was provided for the sink and shower. I loved showering there: great power! My bed was comfortable (would have preferred a top sheet though) and liked the free and fast wifi. The TV had basic channels but enough to amuse me for the night.
No mini fridge but tea and coffee making facilities. When I went downstairs to ask for a few more tea bags and milks, the lovely guy on reception gave me lots so I was extremely content! They also helpfully booked a taxi for me the next morning which was bang on time/early.
Minor complaint: hairdryers are not provided in rooms but are meant to be available at reception. They were all gone when I tried to get one on a Sunday evening. Not ideal! Had to go to my job interview with slept-in hair. Not part of my initial master plan. I really think they need to invest in a few more.
-no irons in the room but there's an ironing room on level 2
-there is no room service but you can get a (limited) range of meals downstairs and are free to take them away with you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ibis Birmingham Bordesley Circus, easily accessible from the M6, M1 and M42 motorways, is 5 min by car from the National Indoor Arena, the International Convention Centre, the Symphony Hall and New Street train station. Close to the biggest StarCity in Europe, 5 min on foot from Birmingham football club, it has 87 air conditioned rooms with international channels, internet access. It also has a restaurant, a bar serving snacks 24 hours 7 days, free parking and wireless Internet connection for business guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ibis Birmingham Bordesley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Birmingham Bordesley Hotel Birmingham
- Accor Birmingham Bordesley