“Budget hotel met our needs”

Ibis Birmingham Bordesley
Ranked #73 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Manchester
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed there on a Saturday night for a night out in Brum.
From the welcome very professional at the reception, to the check-out I can fail them.
The bar and the restaurant were extremely busy, but the Staff was very professional, keeping smiling to all of us, and serving us as fast as possible. They were under pressure and did their best!
The room was simple, but perfect for what we needed: bathroom and room clean, bed so comfortable I didn't want to get up, breakfast was good quality and as served on buffet I could go back for more! Good value for money!
WIFI was at extra cost, but I didn't need it, so all fine.
I will come back on my next visit to B'ham, as it is close enough from city centre, and so cheap to compare to other hotels.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Emmanuel R, General Manager at Ibis Birmingham Bordesley, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Marc,
This is with great pleasure I have read your good feedback about the service and the professionalism of our Staff. I thank you for your good comments I will pass onto the Team, to encourage them to deliver a great service to all our Guests.
I look forward welcoming you back in Ibis Birmingham Bordesley.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Simply awful. The service was very poor, including my having to take my own dinner back to the kitchen to get my order corrected. The buffet was missing half the items at breakfast. The shelves in our room had about 4mm of accumulated dust. You felt like all the staff had arrived yesterday and weren't quite sure what was going on. You're not expecting much from a budget hotel but these guys are still falling really short compared to other low cost brands. Probably better avoided for now, if you get stuck there for work, eat next door at McDonald's.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Emmanuel R, General Manager at Ibis Birmingham Bordesley, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Guest,
I do apologize for the shortage of service you have experienced in our Hotel on your stay. I have been answering already your emails you addressed me through our satisfaction survey, and I have asked our Customer Relation Department to be in touch with you.
Should you wish to discuss the matter further, please feel free to get in touch with me on 0121 506 26 00.
Emmanuel ROBIN - General Manager

Travelers are raving about these Birmingham hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Had a very enjoyable stay here on Saturday night. The rooms were spacious and spotless, and the staff were accommodating and friendly. Would have liked to have seen more staff on Saturday night in the bar - it was mobbed! But a great choice for a 1 or 2 nighter. Much closer to central Brum than you'd think, but without all the noise and street fights!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Paula,
Thank you very much for your feedback received for our Hotel. I am really glad you found the Staff friendly, and I will pass onto them your feedback to encourage them to deliver great service.
I apologize for the delays in service you have experienced, which is not of our normal standards, and will make sure such issue doesn’t arise anymore.
We look forward to welcoming you back in our hotel.
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Location was the biggest minus here. On a very large busy round-a-bout so rooms had road noise. Were quieter rooms round the back. I did see one but chose to be close to my colleagues instead as I felt safer. On the second evening I couldn't get into my room although I had paid for 2 nights, only to find that my belongings had been cleared out by the cleaning staff to lost property!!! Although the staff were very apologetic I never did get a clear answer why! Think it must have been something to do with seeing other room but even so not acceptable. Then on second night the minus of the location kicked in with some very noisy and odd goings on in the room across the corridor. All credit to the night staff and security as they did respond quickly and eventually deal with it and evict the people but this did take over and hour and apparently they had to call the police. Again staff were very apologetic in the morning but no discount offered.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Emmanuel R, General Manager at Ibis Birmingham Bordesley, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear Guest,
As per already answered to you on a personal email, I have asked my team to enquire about the problem of your personal belongings cleared from your room. The Reception and Housekeeping Manager will report to me promptly and will make sure that such issue doesn’t re-occur.
By the meantime, I would like to apologize about the inconvenience, and I can insure you this kind of problem won’t arise anymore.
Emmanuel ROBIN – General Manager