“@ £32.00 per night what do you want”

Ibis Birmingham Bordesley
Ranked #61 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Down in Birmingham for the weekdn as we do every year for the Autosport show at the NEC and decided to stay in the city this year.

After finding this place on line for £32 a night per room i decided that would do and a short walk from the centre.

We arrived later on the sat night so jus wanted our rooms. We stood at the reception for about 20 minutes before the limited english speaking person could find us. Upon entering our rooms (both rooms) the smell of smoke was shocking, stail smoke, now we has been informed there was a £200 fine for this so we went down and informed the hotel. Again the man accepted what we told him and away we went. The following morning during check out and again told reception who told me because i didnt inform them the night before i would be billed. After a good bit of shouting i think we made them understand.

Hotel overall was clean and had warm water.

Didnt bother with there food. We hit the Big M next door.

Room Tip: Try and get a rom to the back of the hotel. The front road is like a race track at night.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Emmanuel R, General Manager at Ibis Birmingham Bordesley, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time leaving us your feedback about your recent stay. I feel sorry that you had been given rooms that smelt of cigarette. Please accept my sincere apologizes about the inconvenience. Unfortunately, some of our Guests do not respect the strict NON SMOKING policy of our hotels, and we do have some rooms smelling. However, we also use cleaning and airing methods that should have solved the problem. I will enquire with the Housekeeping Manager to know how the problem happened and how comes the room wasn't left out of the sales.
I am pleased to read that the rest of your stay was alright, and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you on a next visit.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

When we arrived , parking was very easy to get, the entrance was clean and tidy, our room, was clean and modern, the shower was large modern, hot and powerful, the room has coffe making facilities, all very nice, we had a good nights sleep on a comforable bed, everything was fine until we got up to find under the bed sheet, on the mattress were long black hairs along with short curly black hairs, we are both blonde so it wasnt ours, so a good stay turned bad as we both then felt a bit sick, so mixed emotions

Room Tip: avoid room 321, pull back the sheets and check the mattres before you go to sleep
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Emmanuel R, General Manager at Ibis Birmingham Bordesley, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Dear Customer,
Many thanks for your honest feedback about your stay in our hotel. Let me first apologize for the hairs you have found on the mattress under your sheets. I will act from tomorrow in close collaboration with my Housekeeper Manager, and all mattresses will be double checked from tomorrow. I will make sure that this kind of situation doesn't arise anymore.
On the positive side, I am glad the rest of your stay was great and up to your standards. I look forward to welcome you back in our hotel.
Best regards

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Have stayed here many times and the decorating in the room and hallways needs refurbishing. Sink was blocked in the room which didn't help. Staff are pleasant and bar area is nice and clean but not comfortable enough to entice you to stay. WIFI in the room was expensive so did not bother. Easier to go next Door and use McDonalds free WIFI.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Emmanuel R, General Manager at Ibis Birmingham Bordesley, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thanks you very much to take the time leaving us your thought about our hotel.
I apologise about the problem experienced with the sink, I hope you reported it to us and I trust we have given you another room or fix the problem on the spot.
I am pleased to inform you we will offer free WIFI in the next few month, our all brand is processing new supplier to offer all our guest free WIFI in our rooms and public areas.
Our rooms and corridors get regularly re-painted, and the last wave of re-decorating is finishing by the end of the year.
I am pleased to see you are staying with us quite often, and would be delighted to meet you in person on your next visit to discuss further your feedback and let you know what we are doing to make your stay more enjoyable.
Best regards

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Overall it was a good stay except for the noise in the car park from drunken people who were shouting throughout the night, I have to have a window open because of my asthma.
The room was small but compact, very clean. The service was good. The location was noisy. I liked the fact the shower was a good size and not cramped. I did not like the noisy location.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Emmanuel R, General Manager at Ibis Birmingham Bordesley, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2012

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for taking the time to post your feedback about the hotel.
I feel sorry some other Guests have been disturbing your sleep during your stay. Please feel free to ask for a room on the back of the hotel, which are generally quieter.
I will pass onto the housekeeping team your comment about the room cleanliness, and also congratulate the other part of the team about the good service you have received.
I look forward welcoming you back to our hotel.
Best Regards

Reviewed December 3, 2012

friendly helpful staff on call 24 hours. large spacious comfy room with bathroom.
comfy room
staff happy to book taxis and wre very helpful.
late check out quiet cleaning staff

good value for money a nice weekend away

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Emmanuel R, General Manager at Ibis Birmingham Bordesley, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Dear Customer,
Thanks for taking the time to leave us your feedback on the service you have received during your stay.
We are always happy to help any of our Guests to make their stay as easy and enjoyable as possible, and my teams will be happy to see their effort is recognized.
We look forward to welcome you during your next visit in Birmingham.
Best Regards

Reviewed December 1, 2012

I have no reason whatsoever to fault this hotel. I have already completed another survey concerning the stay in this hotel so quite why I have received a second one, I am not sure why.

My other comments relayed to a stay at the Ibis Glasgow central on 21/22nd Nov.The hotel was as good as in Birmingham, what was sadly different and lacking was the quality and choice of breakfast. NO fresh fruit salad, NO Bran flakes or Muesli, only sweet cereals like Fosties etc and NO croissants. WQhen challenged concerning the latter, the response was we're waiting for them. In other words, inadequate stock control , planning and organistaion.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Emmanuel R, General Manager at Ibis Birmingham Bordesley, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2012

Dear Gavine,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a feedback on Tripadvisor. I am glad to read you have enjoyed your stay and that our rooms and service was matching your expectancy.
Regarding the second part of your comments, for the Ibis GLASGOW, I will pass them onto their General Manager as no doubt she will be interested and will be able to act upon.
I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stayed here while on a conference in Birmingham. In addition to all the staff being friendly and helpful, the hotel was very clean including the rooms which were very modern. Breakfast was good value and they had a wide selection to choose from. I was surprised to see a bar there and we totally made use of it.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Emmanuel R, General Manager at Ibis Birmingham Bordesley, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Dear Wayne,
I am glad you enjoyed your stay in our hotel, where we are working hard to make sure to deliver the best service and to offer great value.
Our rooms are modern indeed thanks to the upgrade of all the beds which has been made last month, offering in addition of the cleanliness, an excellent level of comfort.
I will let the rest of the team know about your comments about the welcome you have received, and about the cleanliness of the rooms.
I look forward welcoming you back in our hotel.