A single overnight stay before an early start conference. Hotel is accessible, with a huge free car park (a rarity in Birmingham). Very modern, brightly-lit , with minimal atmosphere and mainly basic, cafe-type furniture. Rooms and common areas are very functional and basic, but perfectly adequate. Beds are particularly comfortable and rooms very clean. Common areas acceptably clean. Has a bar and a cafe (I would not call it a restaurant!). It's about 20 minutes walk out of Birmingham centre - but was just 5 minutes walk from where I needed to be, so it suited me well. I've rated as "average", but, for the price (you can usually get at around £30 for a single room booked in advance) it's extremely good value for money if you're not looking for any trimmings. My previous similar stay in Birmingham was at a Travel Lodge, which cost the same, had no parking, bar or cafe (so you can't get a proper breakfast) and there is really no comparison - this is far superior. Just 2 criticisms - wine in the bar is vastly over-priced - £6.50 for a large glass is London hotel/wine bar price (it was quite good wine, but you can buy it in Sainsbury's at 3 for £12!) The "hot" breakfast (only sausage, scrambled egg, bacon, tomato and toast) and was almost cold - possibly close to dangerously so from a food health viewpoint - and this was quite early (7.30am). It cost £5 extra and, for that price, you would would probably be better advised to go to the Macdonalds next door. Overall, quite satisfactory if you're looking for economy and convenience, but not if you are looking for a gastronomic experience!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel had a full transformation and is now 100% renovated, from cosy bedrooms with the latest technology gadgets, free fiber Wi-Fi, power showers & the"sweet bed by Ibis". The Restaurant & Bar is a great place to unwind & relax, enjoy our food and drinks 24/7. The location is just perfect, within five minutes' walk of Birmingham Football Club and a short distance from Bullring Shopping Centre and New Street Station. If you don't like walking, take a bus (17/60) or a short taxi ride to the hotel. Birmingham Centre is all about Culture, Concerts & Fun, with the Custard Factory, Barclaycard Arena, Symphony Hall, ICC, O2 Academy, Birmingham Library and the Mailbox. Birmingham Airport, NEC, Genting Arena & Resort World is only 7 miles away. The hotel is perfectly located for Birmingham city centre and is close to the M6 motorway and all major road links. The hotel also offers free car park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, ACCOR, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ibis Birmingham Bordesley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Birmingham Bordesley Hotel Birmingham
- Accor Birmingham Bordesley