“Served its purpose”

Ranked #69 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Leeds
“Served its purpose”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Me, my boyfriend and our friends stayed at Ibis Bordesley this week as we were going to a concert for my best friends birthday. The rooms were clean, larger than expected and bed was comfortable. The bathrooms are smart compact pods but there is enough space to move around and the shower is powerful. Only thing we found that needed improving was the service, you are waiting a while for your drinks, the girl who served us had no clue what drinks we were asking for but I don't believe it was her fault as she clearly hadn't be trained as she didn't even know how to pull a pint! But on a postivite note the staff are nice and polite and do try.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the lift.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank settotravel
Emmanuel R, General Manager at Ibis Birmingham Bordesley, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Guest,
Many thanks for leaving us your feedback, always appreciated!
I am glad to read the room was up to your standards and that you have enjoy the comfort of our brand new beds. I do apologise for the hesitant service you have received. I have recently recruited new Staff Members, and they are on the process to be fully trained in order to give our Guests the best service. I am sorry that on that occasion it wasn't up to your standards, but I will make sure all Staff are fully trained as soon as possible, as my Team and me are working hard to focus on Customer Service. I was glad to read that they were nice and polite with you.
Please feel free to contact me on 0121 506 26 00 should you wish to discuss the matter further.
Best Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 24, 2012

a good hotel, I do like Ibis hotels, they are good value, modern and pretty spacious. although this hotel is a little out of the way, and on a busy carriageway, all in all it suited me fine. Ideal If you wanted to watch footballo at birmingham city, just 5 mins walk. good firm beds, and powerfull showers.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Emmanuel R, General Manager at Ibis Birmingham Bordesley, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear Customer,
I was delighted to read your good comments about your recent stay in our Hotel. I am happy to read you enjoyed your night on our brand new beds changed at the beginning of this month. In all the Ibis hotels, we have now brand new beds of excellent quality, and we are proud of them!
Our location, although slightly outskirt, is indeed very convenient to access BCFC, at walking distance. We offer free car park, allowing you to leave your car in a secure location, and enjoy a night out in city centre, 5 minutes away by Taxi, at a very low fare, avoiding the inconvenience to park in city centre!
We look forward to welcome you back.
Best regards.
brighton
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Well placed for the city centre without being in it. Very friendly and helpfull staff and very clean.
The evening meal was excellent but only one bottle of red wine available. Not one type but actually one bottle? Luckily we ordered it before anyone else.
Fairly quiet in my room although my collegue next door said the road noise in his room was quite loud? Had a good nights sleep myself.
Breakfast was good and checked out without any delay.

Room Tip: Away from the main road.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thanks for your good comments about our Hotel, its cleanliness, the friendliness and efficiently of our Staff. I will pass them your feedback, as it will encourage them to carry on providing the best service to our Customers. I already had spoken to my Restaurant Supervisor to make sure the wine on offer on our menu is on sufficient quantity to avoid this kind of issue in the future!
We look forward welcoming you on your next visit to Birmingham.
Kind regards
London
Reviewed October 10, 2012

My wife and I used this hotel when we went to this year's Tory conference. While not a place of luxury, it was all that we wanted. It was easy to get to then venue, the staff were pleasant and helpful and the bedrooms were clean and comfortable. The shower and toilet were housed in a sort of capsule - very neat and pleasant to use.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brian888
Emmanuel R, General Manager at Ibis Birmingham Bordesley, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thanks for your feedback. I was really pleased to read you have enjoyed your stay with us. Our housekeeping staff is working hard to deliver the cleanest rooms to our Customers, and our reception Staff is always ready to help you. I will share your feedback with all my teams. I look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit in Birmingham. Best regards.
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Very good customer service, room very clean with basic facilities provided. The room was warm and had extra towels pillows to suit all comfort tastes. The hotel was central to local restaurants and during my stay I did not eat at the hotel therefore it would be unfair to criticize. I congratulate the staff in making my stay an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank retrodude
Emmanuel R, General Manager at Ibis Birmingham Bordesley, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Dear Retrodude,
I am pleased to read your comment about the good customer service you have experienced during your stay.
Your comment regarding the cleanliness of the hotel has been passed onto the Housekeeping Manager and she will share it with her entire team.
We are looking forward welcoming back you in our hotel for your next visit of Birmingham.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 19, 2012

The great thing about Ibis is that you know what you are going to get and you get it.

A good value for money hotel. Clean, functional and everything you need for a short stay. Friendly, good breakfast. Parking is easy and has security at night. Not far from the city centre, but on the road to the airport and NEC. Its not the Ritz, but you're not paying the Ritz price either. I would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thanks you for your comments about your recent stay.
I am pleased to read you have enjoyed the facilities and the friendliness of our Staff.
I have copied and displayed your comment in the Staff board to encourage them, and motivate them to provide the best service.
We are looking forward welcoming you back in our hotel for your next visit of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reviewed September 16, 2012

You can't expect much for £32 near the centre of England's second city and this place is as good a place as any to spend your money. Streets ahead of the Formule 1 next door and well worth the extra money

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear Customer,
Thank you for your feedback about our hotel and its value.
We are looking forward welcoming you on your next visit of Birmingham.