I stayed at this hotel for one night at the end of January 2010.
The hotel looks ok from the outside and the reception area is fine too, although nothing fancy.
It seems to be in a good enough location, apparently in the middle of Chinatown and close to the Bullring.
The room was in real need of refurbishment, especially the carpet, which looked filthy.
The showeroom was clean and modern.
The staff were not especially helpful and the breakfast was very average.
A basic hotel, in a good location at a reasonable price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ibis Birmingham Centre New Street offers 159 contemporary bedrooms with air cooling in the heart of the lively Chinese quarter and adjacent to the Arcadian Centre with its various bars and nightclubs. The Chill Bar at the hotel serves snacks 24 hours per day. 3 min walk from the Birmingham central train station(New Street) and Bullring Shopping Centre. Close to the NIA, ICC and easily accessible by train from NEC. 5 conference rooms for up to 200 delegates. The hotel is easily accessible from the M1, M6 and M42 motorways. Limited Car parking spaces at Hotel and also nearby Public car park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, ACCOR, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HRS so you can book your Hotel ibis Birmingham Centre New Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Birmingham City Centre Hotel Birmingham
- Accor Birmingham City Centre