“As you expect for a cheaper hotel”

Hotel ibis Birmingham Centre New Street
Ranked #56 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here following a night out in Birmingham and unfortunately the room we were given was quite noisy. The facilities were quite basic and could do with an update, but the room was comfortable enough. As the title suggests, this is fine for a budget hotel but unfortunately we didn't get a great deal so you should bear this in mind- it is not worth much money!! Would stay again for the right price.

• Stayed: August 2013
Joanna T, General Manager at Hotel ibis Birmingham Centre New Street, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that the noise disturbed your stay. I am glad to see you that would return and stay with us again.

We look forward to welcoming you again and providing you with hassle-free experience.

Joanna

Write a ReviewReviews (1,751)

Reviewed December 4, 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Last time I stayed at this hotel I wasn't satisfied because of a strange smell in the room. Still I decided to give it another chance. I had a better experience this time but the rooms are a bit worn down compared to other Ibis I stayed at. The rooms aren't expensive so I will probably stay here on my next visit to the city.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. I have shared your feedback with housekeeping and maintenance teams.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

I stayed here for 1 night with my grandson as we were visiting friends in Birmingham. The room was basic as expected but unbearably hot. I had emailed the hotel before we arrived asking for a cool room. I was assured that if the room was too hot I could request a fan. I went to reception after seeing the room and was told I couldn't have a fan for health and safety reasons!!! I told the receptionist about the email I had received and she turned around and gave me the fan from behind reception. The room was still too hot at night so I had to open the windows and couldn't sleep due to the sound of revellers and sirens etc. On the plus side the hot breakfast was tasty and good value for money as was the price I paid for the room. Great location for Birmingham city centre.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Jill,

Thank you for your review. While we are pleased that you found our location convenient, I am sorry that you found our bedroom too hot. I have shared your feedback with reception team and also passed on compliments to our breakfast team.
We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Joanna T, General Manager at Hotel ibis Birmingham Centre New Street, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Reviewed December 1, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Great hotel.... Clean, great staff and very comfortable but busy, busy, busy area. Car park full when we got there so we had to park on Neville street NCP. A ripping off £20 fee for less than 24 hours overnight parking. Disgraceful. Hotel great though just get there early to get a car park space and save your self some dosh. Cannot review food as we went for a curry but bar staff superb. Bar shuts around 2am I think, maybe later.

Room Tip: Park early, or pay a hefty parking charge elsewhere..... Rooms at back probably quieter. Main Stree...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to thank you for your review. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I have shared your comments with bar team and housekeeping department. I am sorry that you did not manage to park your car with us. Shall you stay with us again, we will be able to offer you a discount at the APCOA car parking opposite the hotel.

Once more, thank you for your lovely comments. They are greatly appreciated and certainly motivating.