“Excellent location and value”

Hotel ibis Birmingham Centre New Street
Ranked #56 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Stayed here with my partner for one night for going out and club night. Very easy to get to New Street to meet others. Excellent customer service at check in from Natallie. Sorted car parking for me which is underneath the hotel - car park messy and could do with a tidy up.

Got a rear room on the 4th floor which is probably the quietest location. Room small but functional and well equipped. Bathroom small but entirely acceptable and user friendy. Shower could be a little more powerful. Amazing comfortable bed (but not as comfortable as German Ibis hotels). Thank you.

Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Father Mike T
K_TAHILIANI, Manager at Hotel ibis Birmingham Centre New Street, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Many thanks for the review. We always welcome feedback and my team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at ibis Birmingham City Centre and I hope we can be part of your future travel plans.
Assistant General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,751)

Reviewed February 15, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
K_TAHILIANI, Manager at Hotel ibis Birmingham Centre New Street, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Positives:
- Staff friendly and helpful (e.g. issue with adjoining room door being unlocked sorted quickly)
- Room clean and tidy
- Bar staff friendly also

Negatives:
- Breakfast - over cooked, under cooked, cold and not much of it (1 sausage left when I went down at 8, wasn't replenished while I was there). Awful! I didn't even bother going down the last morning.
- TV not viewable from the desk, which would be nice while getting ready in the morning
- The double bed had two single quilts... very odd and not very comfortable.

Other:
- Not really sure how you get Wi-fi in the room, as the only option I saw was to hard-wire the cable into a laptop. But I didn't really look into this as didn't end up spending much time in the room.
- Temperature was too warm for me, even though it was mid-Feb and snowing one day! But again, I didn't really look into this, so may there were controls somewhere.

Overall:
I'm back again in a few weeks, for another course, and while I'm generally happy to stay at the Ibis, I'm really wishing I hadn't bothered booking breakfast and really hoping I can get a refund on it.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

I am really sorry to hear that your stay at Ibis Birmingham Centre wasn’t up to expectations. I would very much like to discuss the matter with you in person when you are staying with us the next time and would appreciate it if you would call me on 0121 622 6010.

Kind regards
Kishor Tahiliani
Operations Manager

Reviewed February 11, 2013

This was my first time staying at this hotel. It is close to Birmingham New Street station and the Bull Ring.

Check in went relatively smoothly. The room and the hotel is clean. We asked for and got a twin room. Upon entering the room you find the twin beds pushed together to form a double which you can easily pull apart although the room itself is very small and pulling apart the twin beds meant you couldn't open the door... The bathroom is very small as well, the shower worked well although there was no shelf to put soap or shampoo on...

Wifi was not free and has to be paid for separately in Euros.

This hotel is good for a night but much longer the lack of space I could see really start to frustrate for a longer stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jayawayfromhome
K_TAHILIANI, Manager at Hotel ibis Birmingham Centre New Street, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Many thanks for your comments. We appreciate all feedback and are glad you enjoyed your stay. I’ll look into the points you’re raised personally regarding the shelf in the shower. With regards to the internet; we are looking into obtaining free Wi-Fi within our hotel. In the meantime, I hope we can welcome you back to the ibis Birmingham City Centre.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for one night on business. I would not want to have to stay for longer than 1 night.

My room was clean, basic and quite small - the en-suite bathroom was one of the smallest I have ever had to use and if there had been two of us using the room, would have been too cramped.

Biggest problem was that the shower head would not stay up the rail it was fixed to; to stand under the shower I would have had to be approx 1 metre tall. This, for me, is not a good start to my day!

I didn't eat in the hotel so cannot comment on the quality of food served in the restaurant

On the plus side, the hotel staff were very polite and welcoming and the hotel is well located for the centre of the city and there are a lot of restaurants, mainly (but not exclusively) Chinese within 5 minutes walk of the front door?

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thanks for leaving your thoughts here. The team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we’ve taken note of your comments regarding the shower. Rest assured I will address them. We at ibis Birmingham City Centre look forward in welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

I stayed in November, the lifts were out of order, wasnt a problem as I was only on the second floor. but, stayed again in Febuary and both lifts were out of order, I was staying on the 5th floor, I'm not old, nor do I have any health problems but the 5th floor is a long way up to walk after a night on the Brum tiles.
I can't fault the Hotel for the price but one does expect to have working lifts. I did express my dissatisfaction on the customer feedback email, but heard nothing back to date.

Room Tip: Request a low floor just in case they havnt fixed the lifts again!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
K_TAHILIANI, Manager at Hotel ibis Birmingham Centre New Street, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Dear Sir,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments here on Trip advisor. Your review however is related to our sister hotel; ibis Budget Birmingham city centre. I shall forward your comments onto the General Manager at ibis Budget.
I would like to thank you for choosing Accor hotels and look forward in welcoming you back to Birmingham in the near future.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Good value hotel for a business stay. Things I wasn't keen on - no carpet and no kettle. However, it is a budget hotel. The basin is in the bedroom and the shower door opens directly into the room, but that wasn't a problem. The Continental breakfast at £4.25 was all I wanted and it provided me with a cheese roll for my lunch too. 15 mins or so to walk into Birmingham centre. I'd be looking for something more convenient next time but wouldn't be unhappy to stay again.

Dear Sir,