“You get what you paid for!”
Review of Metro Inns Walsall

Metro Inns Walsall
Ranked #109 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

I only paid £23 for a double room for one night which is reasonable compared to the other hotels in the Walsall area. My first impression was OK, this is due to the fact I was annoyed as the lift was broke and I had a suitcase and was 3 flights of stairs up!! The room is average size, little TV & bathroom had a few stains on the side by the tap but apart from that it was fine. Although I had a room to myself you can hear people down the corridor so it didn't feel completely as private as I would of liked. My window overlooked walsall's main road and the roof of the entrance (which had fags & knickers on-ew) wasn't great but was alright for a 12 hour visit. The location of this hotel is appalling, there is no nearby shops (walking distance) so I was forced to try out the cafes food. Surprisingly it was rather nice, unsurprisingly it was expensive although I'd rather pay that bit extra than venture out in the rain to stumble across a food shop! I'm not sure why there is so many bad reviews because the hotel was at an OK standard for a 2*. I would stay here again but only for business purposes not leisurely. For £23 a night I can't really complain.

• Stayed: May 2013

Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

we booked for Saturday at Hilton park.when we got there we were told that we had booked the day before and it was for one adult.obviously a mistake on there behalf.bit my lip and contacted them.customer services said all u can do is email a complaint.I said ok and they offered to find me another hotel due to Hilton being full.he offered walsall bham at 50 pound.so I took it due to having booked cineworld tickets close by.arrived at the hotel to find dodgy electrical wiring in the bathroom.mold in the ceiling.fixtures hanging of the wall and an uncomfortable bed. tried to complain many times and got no response.can't even find a phone number to complain to.really recommend that if your looking for an hotel to go elsewhere.after seeing the dodgy wiring in the bathroom I will be reporting them to hse.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Welcome to 1979! This Travelodge appears to be the most in need of refurbishment in the whole of the UK. Incredibly dated with possibly the most uncomfortable bed I have ever had the misfortune to 'sleep' in. The only way it gets the second star is due to the £30 price for a holiday weekend. They also charge for parking as well so take along £3 for 24 hours.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Having stayed in a travel lodge before I knew what to expect however as soon as I collected my key and dropped my bags off I felt uneasy about staying here
I stayed here on the 29th April for 1 night as it was too crowded to stay at my nans. I appreciate it was only £19 but you do not expect to find a bug in your bed.
I was unpacking my bags and suddenly saw a black thing crawl across the bed. My boyfriend put a cup over it so we could show the staff invade they wouldn't believe us.
We went to complain and the man on reception was just laughing because I was scared. My boyfriend demanded we have a new room and all he could say was what do you expect for £19! Nt bugs n the bed!!
We was moved to the third floor and felt uncomfortable to sleep. The bath and shower was covered in brown mould it was terrible. There was squeezing noises throughout the night which was annoying
I do not usually have anything bad to say and have no reason to complain however this is by far the worst place I have ever stayed!
I would have rather slept in the car!!!!
Do not waste £19!!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NAC910
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

Personally I wouldnt stay here again, for one the reception was unmanned and I had to wait for a while, you had to pay for parking and for what I paid for the room I expected more! The bed was very creaky and uncomfortable and there was dust on the dresser. What you pay for it is not worth it!

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed April 13, 2013

In this day and age you can afford to shop around and get a cheap hotel, especially booking in advance.

Why is this hotel still open? I feel like I've just slept in 1982! Covered in mould, lights from outside shine through the window, the bathroom equipment looks like something you find on Dickenson's real deal and I was kept awake all night by the kind of people you only find on Jeremy Kyle!!

No amount of saving will make me stay in this absolute hole of a place again.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Teamrivers
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I made the mistake of booking a two night stay (8th and 9th of April) but ended up cancelling the second night which would have been £35. As the first night was on a £19 offer I bit my lip and endured it.
The room smelled of sweaty feet and the bed hadn't been made properly. Not a good start I decided. Upon inspecting the bed, I found a short curly hair that didn't belong to me and noticed there were lots of holes in the bottom sheet. It creaked and groaned and was basically tired.
Around the bed were horrible looking stains, which is most unpleasant, especially if your mind wanders and tries to imagine how they originated.
The shower pipe was split and ran onto the floor, the television would only receive BBC1 and the outside ledge was littered with empty vodka bottles, cans, fag ends etc.
No creature comforts (a la usual Travelodge business model), apart from a tiny kettle and the smallest bar of soap I've ever seen (who makes them??).
I once refered to the Wolverhampton Travelodge bar as resembling a Russian goulag, but compared to the disgraceful bar/restaurant here, it was distinctly palatial.
It has one lager pump and a solitary guiness pump, not to mention the park bench comfort of the seats. I think you get the picture.
I could go on, but it's bringing back bad memories...
Friendly staff though, it has to be said.
Do yourselves a favour and spend a few quid more and go elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank henrietta63
Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Park Hotel
#67 of 118 in Birmingham
Holiday Inn Express Walsall
Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7
Quality Hotel Birmingham South/NEC

Been to Metro Inns Walsall? Share your experiences!