“Great Hotel for ICC”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Telford, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel for ICC”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I stayed at the Novotel one night as I was attending an awards night at the ICC which is a 5 minute walk down Broad Street. I have stayed in a few Novotel’s and the layout is much the same. They are clean and functional as is this one. There is a car park under the Hotel at £14 per night. I have to say the staff here are fantastic, very welcoming and willing to please. I only had breakfast, but the range and quality was very good. The bedroom was clean and with good sound proofing at aid a good night’s rest. There are lots of Hotels in Birmingham, but I would use this one again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
NovotelBirminghamGM, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Centre, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Thanks for your review. I am glad you had a good stay with us and I hope you enjoyed your awards dinner at the ICC. See you on your next trip hopefully!

Sharon Thandi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Polish first
Uttoxeter
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We stayed for one night to attend a concert at The Symphony Hall. The staff were pleasant and helpful and we found the Hotel perfectly situated for everything we wanted to do. The breakfast was plentiful, everything you could possibly want and good quality. We experienced no traffic or people noise at all, in fact this was probably one of the quietest hotels we have ever stayed in, but we did have a room at the side of the hotel. The room was great and very comfortable. Would definitely recommend this Hotel and we would like to return sometime to explore Birmingham further.

Room Tip: Room 305 is very quiet
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Birmingham
Reviewed February 19, 2014

My second stay in this hotel, great breakfast buffet that leaves no wishes open, nice locations with lots of restaurants in the neighbourhood. Regrettably windows cannot be opened completely. Birmingham is a very "young" city. Hence nights can be quite noisy from the streets unless the windlow is closed.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights in January 2014 and I was impressed by the location of the hotel on Broad Street with convenient access to the canal, restaurants, pubs and a cinema. The reception staff were always friendly and they were happy to book taxis and recommend restaurants etc. The cleaning staff on my floor were also particularly helpful.

Unfortunately I came at a time when the hotel was undergoing refurbishment and the gym facilities were closed (which I wanted to use) and we also had to enter the hotel via the bar (not always an inconvenience admittedly...). The hotel could have provided an alternative to their closed facilities e.g a pass to the gym down the road for example, of at least mentioned over the phone when I booked that the hotel was undergoing these improvements. That was a disappointing lack of communication.

I had breakfast every morning in the hotel but it was over-priced and there are plenty of cheaper breakfast alternatives near the hotel.

I don´t know if I would stay here again as there are numerous other hotels of similar price and quality in the immediate area e.g Premier Inn (two of them), Hampton by Hilton, etc..

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
NovotelBirminghamGM, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Centre, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to Novotel Birmingham Centre.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted the comments you have made. I am pleased to announce the refurbishments are now complete.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Not the worst place to stay but for a novotel this is one of the more basic hotels. No frills on a noisey street without much parking, The staff were friendly enough but nothing about our stay here felt 4*.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Had a very relaxed valentines weekend away with my partner. Staff we're very friendly and helpful although check in was a long process, but probably couldn't be helped. Hotel and staff are very well presented, booked an executive room on the third floor couldn't hear the goings on from the infamous broad street strip although come 4am there were some incredibly noisy guests strolling around the corridors. The room itself was lovely but the bed was very hard and uncomfortable, maybe personal preference.
Breakfast was one of the best that my partner and I have had at a hotel, very delicious!
Hotel is quite a distance away from the bullring and selfridges but after having the big breakfast I think the long walk did us good!
Overall very good stay, would recommend it for any keen shoppers and weekends away :)

• Stayed February 2014
Many thanks for your kind review. I am glad my team made your stay enjoyable and I have shared your feedback with the team.

Kind regards

hemel hempstead
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Arranged for an external sales meeting with my staff and stayed in January , as always very clean, room good and breakfast ok.

Biggest bonus are the location and the staff who are always receptive and helpful , my one gripe is the draught beer is always poorly kept, not a major problem but worth noting.

Will definitely stay here next time I am in Birmingham

Room Tip: Book early for best rates
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the Novotel Birmingham Centre.
I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.