“Christmas do”

Novotel Birmingham Centre
Ranked #45 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Excellent location for a night out in Birmingham. Friendly and efficient staff. very relaxing experience with all the mod cons. Parking was additional, but the car was secure in the underground car park. Could watch the films from the bath in true Alan Partridge style.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank bronzegod113
NovotelBirminghamGM, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Novotel Birmingham Centre and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Kind regards,
Richard Marsh,
General Manager.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed at the Novotel for one night for business. The lobby, bar and restaurant I believe have been recently refurbished so are modern and well presented. My room was basic, but clean. the bed was comfortable although I did find the quilt hot.. But that's probably me rather than a fault of the hotel! The thing that stood out for me most was the attentiveness of the staff. I met some work colleagues at the hotel on the morning of my stay and although I hadn't checked in, the restaurant staff offered me a cup of tea and something to eat... They didn't need to.. A nice touch. My breakfast the following morning arrived quickly and the team were very friendly, helpful and made sure I had everything I needed. I have stayed at many a hotel across the country and this really stood out for me in terms of good service. Would stay again.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JenBuckHill

Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Birmingham. Personally, it is fanastic to hear that the work that we do in ensuring that the team are focused on hospitality, is appreciated! We very much look forward to welcoming you back at Novotel Birmingham Centre.
Kind regards, Richard Marsh, General Manager.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

no complaints at all about this hotel. nice room, nice breakfast, nice staff :) great fitness area!! me and my partner were expecting the hotel to be really busy and fully booked as it was christmas holidays however there was a quite atmosphere in the hotel, which we loved!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Glad you had a good time at Novotel Birmingham Centre! Hope to see you again?
Kind regards, Richard Marsh, General Manager.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed in this hotel for a night as we both wanted to check out the German Christmas market and also spend the night somewhere. The Novotel on Broad Street was the perfect place to stay as its within walking distance to pretty much anywhere in the city centre. We arrived at the hotel about 1pm and we were able to check in as the room was ready. The staff at reception were pleasant enough and all seemed very professional. The room was very spacious and the bed was king sized and very comfortable. However, I did feel the bed sheets had an itching effect on me (perhaps cheap washing powder is used on them). I hope to visit the hotel again sometime in the future as I did feel sad leaving it while I was checking out.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to at Novotel Birmingham Centre. I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments, which we will review. Kind regards, Richard Marsh, General Manager

Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Group booking at Novotel had a great evening but Hotel let down by poor food. Both at party meal and poor breakfast asked for medium boiled eggs and 16 minutes later got served them almost raw.shame as first time at the hotel with 30 friends

• Stayed: December 2012

Sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay at Novotel Birmingham Centre. I’ll look into this matter for you. If you have five minutes, please give me a call to discuss?
Kind regards, Richard Marsh, General Manager

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Had a wonderful stay, nice to not worry about cooking and cleaning at Christmas. Service was brilliant and everyone was friendly, aproachable and accomodating. Only down side was an 8:30 fire alarm, but that was handled really well with a ready supply of "space Blankets" to keep people warm.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again in the very near future. Can I personally apologise for the Fire Alarm. It is not always possible to control the actions of our guests, however it is good to hear that the team managed the situation well! I hope we can look forward to welcoming back again soon?
Kind regards, Richard Marsh, General Manager