“Good for occasional overnight stays”

Novotel Birmingham Centre
Ranked #39 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
GreenLeadersBronze level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Polish first
Shropshire
Reviewed January 1, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed in this hotel for a night as we both wanted to check out the German Christmas market and also spend the night somewhere. The Novotel on Broad Street was the perfect place to stay as its within walking distance to pretty much anywhere in the city centre. We arrived at the hotel about 1pm and we were able to check in as the room was ready. The staff at reception were pleasant enough and all seemed very professional. The room was very spacious and the bed was king sized and very comfortable. However, I did feel the bed sheets had an itching effect on me (perhaps cheap washing powder is used on them). I hope to visit the hotel again sometime in the future as I did feel sad leaving it while I was checking out.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
NovotelBirminghamGM, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Centre, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to at Novotel Birmingham Centre. I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments, which we will review. Kind regards, Richard Marsh, General Manager
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Group booking at Novotel had a great evening but Hotel let down by poor food. Both at party meal and poor breakfast asked for medium boiled eggs and 16 minutes later got served them almost raw.shame as first time at the hotel with 30 friends

• Stayed December 2012
Sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay at Novotel Birmingham Centre. I’ll look into this matter for you. If you have five minutes, please give me a call to discuss?
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Had a wonderful stay, nice to not worry about cooking and cleaning at Christmas. Service was brilliant and everyone was friendly, aproachable and accomodating. Only down side was an 8:30 fire alarm, but that was handled really well with a ready supply of "space Blankets" to keep people warm.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again in the very near future. Can I personally apologise for the Fire Alarm. It is not always possible to control the actions of our guests, however it is good to hear that the team managed the situation well! I hope we can look forward to welcoming back again soon?
Reviewed December 26, 2012

A good hotel which is in a great location and under £50 is a real bargin. Liked the fact that the car park is directly under the hotel. Rooms are fine if there is two of you but as there was four of us it was a bit cramped. The staff during breakfast were outstanding and I wish accor did a scheme like starwood in which you can recommend tbeir staff for outstanding service. Best levels of service I have seen in a very long time.

• Stayed December 2012
Many thanks for the review. We always welcome feedback and my team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Novotel Birmingham Centre. Please be assured that in leaving your comments here, I am feeding back your fantastic comments to the team and I will reward them accordingly. I hope we can be part of your future travel plans?
Ramsey, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Excellent hotel with much appreciated parking facilities. The bar and restaurant staff were friendly and the meals excellent.

A minor point - We upgraded our room after already seeing the standard room, and the difference was minimal. We had hoped for a more comfortable bed.

Overall a good experience!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for leaving your thoughts here. The team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we’ve taken note of your comments. To be clear our Superior and Executive Room packages are represented by added value items in the rooms, as well as an executive bathroom. Please refer to our website for more information on the Executive room upgrade?