Novotel Birmingham Centre
$105
  • Room Service
$91
  • Restaurant
Bloc Hotel Birmingham(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
$51
$36
$105
$91
1,553 results
All reviewsbroad streetseparate toiletcar parksymphony hallbarclaycard arenaexecutive roombirmingham centrebrindley placebars and restaurantssaturday nightnight lifesofa bedcentral locationcoffee machinelight sleeperearly hoursstayed here for one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 27, 2012

we booked this weekend away back in june to stay for our anniversary. we booked and paid for the room on the internet in june. One week before going in august, we received an email from the hotel telling us that our payment verifacation (sercurity) had not gone through correctly and we had to take ID AND THE CARD WHICH WE HAD MAKE THE BOOKING WITH! After ringing the hotel, the reception manager said it was company terms and conditions. we have stayed at many accor hotels this year and NEVER have had to do this! i phoned my bank and they said the payment had gone through correctly back in june and we should only have to show our passport as ID and not to have to put our card and pin number pin number in the card reader! I emailed accor headoffice to ask WHY if there was a problem with the payment ( because of fraud) why was the payment taken out back in june! Also WHY did it take the hotel so long to email us if they had a problem with the payment? I work in retail and know how the sercurity systems work and i also know that if there was a problem with the verifacation the payment should not have left my bank account!! Very poor customer service! this made our weekend away very stressful even before we reached the hotel!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
NovotelBirminghamGM, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Many thanks for your feedback and I’m sorry that you were disappointed in current (but necessary) security procedures, for card payments. It is unfortunate that having suffered from fraud, we have had to introduce some procedures which will inevitably cause genuine, honest guests some initial concern! Please be assured that the request to bring the card used for the original transaction, was not to make make further charges, but merely to confirm the orignality of the card. I will attempt to make contact with you to further clarify the matter. In the meantime, I hope that you enjoyed your stay and consequently your weekend?
Kind regards, Richard Marsh, General Manager

Reviewed August 27, 2012

i use this hotel when i stay in Birmingham. I like that it has parking under the hotel albeit at a charge.
Location good for Symphony Hall, NIA, Sea Life Centre and Brindley Place (lots of restaurants). Not bad for centre and CineWorld just up road.
Rooms are well appointed. Staff are friendly and helpful
Only disadvantage is lack of lift from car park direct to room which my disable partner found hard. There is a lift but via rear of reception and then main lift up to room.

Excellent value on recent stay but even good at full price.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Thanks for leaving your thoughts here. The team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we’ve taken note of your comments. I am afraid it is not possible to have a freely available lift from our car park. We do however offer a separate lift (as you have mentioned), which can carry guest who require assistance, from the car park to the higher floors. Guests who require that service, only need call reception from the phone provided in the car park. Alternatively guests may wish to disembark their vehicle at the entrance of the hotel. I do hope we can look forward to welcoming back to Novotel Birmingham Centre? Kind regards, Richard Marsh, General Manager

Reviewed August 26, 2012

I have visited both with friends and solo.

Good
The staff are all very friendly.
Great facilities in each room.
Very spacious bedrooms and bathrooms.
Excellent value for money.
Fantastic location (though a little noisy).
Good security measures.
Very modern and comfortable.
Clean and hygienic.

Bad
Expensive parking.
Expensive wifi.
Gym facilities not brilliant nor advertised particularly well.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay. Please rest assured that I have taken note of your comments and the issues you have mentioned. I hope we can welcome you back to the Novotel Birmingham Centre very soon.
Kind regards, Richard Marsh, General Manager

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Sauna and steam room were a big 10 out of 10 for me ......I booked this hotel from the web site booking.com at a great price would stay here again with out a hesitation and will recomend Novotel hotels to my colleagues ..................

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
NovotelBirminghamGM, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2012

Thank you for posting your thoughts on here, we really value your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you and your colleagues back to the Novotel Birmingham Centre. Please do ask for me when you check in? Kind regards, Richard Marsh, General Manager.

Reviewed August 23, 2012