“Beware of expensive parking”

Novotel Birmingham Airport
Ranked #27 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Stayed overnight whilst at Clothes Show in NEC. Hotel as good as expected for a 4* and no hassle checking in or out. Can't comment on the food as we ate at Frankie & Bennys in the airport just across the road - be mindful they close at 8pm ! After that there is nowhere to eat other than the hotel.

Parked in the short stay car park near the hotel and was told the parking would be discounted to £16 for 24 hrs. Be wary as we checked out and the car park cost us £26 as once you go over 24 hrs you are charged according to the car park fees.

Even though the skyrail to the NEC is only 90 seconds there could be a LOT of walking necessary to get to the hall you need.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Ian_Dick, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon. Kind regards, Ian Dick

There are newer reviews for Novotel Birmingham Airport

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Room clean, but bed creaky and both of us felt a bit stiff in the morning. Evening meal was botched as after long wait two people served before us, and our meal was incorrect,plain omelette was a ham one. We gave our cutlery to family beside us as their food was on table but no cutlery.. Water from bar an atrocious price and couldnt find price list prior to drinking 3 small bottles, but £8 if borderline theft....

Sorry but cant beat Premier Inn.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Ian_Dick, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

I am sorry that on this occasion that you were disappointed with your stay. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and I am currently investigating this matter. Please feel free to contact me on 0121 7827000 to discuss this further. Kind regards, Ian Dick

Reviewed December 6, 2013

We stayed in as Superior room at the Novotel for one night before an early morning flight.
What we liked:
- Great location across from the terminal entrance to Birmingham Airport
- Our room exceeded our expectations – it was spacious, clean and comfortable, and we heard little noise from the airport. There was plenty of storage and desk space in the room as well as a sofa. The bathroom was also a decent size.
- Affordable room rate
Things that weren’t as great:
- The self-serve check-in kiosks seemed to take longer that checking in via the desk
- There was a baby’s cot in the middle of our room, which we hadn’t requested – it was a bit odd and took up a bit of floor space (we arrived in the evening and were flying out at 6am, so didn’t call the desk to have it removed).
Overall
The Novotel’s proximity to the airport and affordable rooms won us over. Our room was comfortable, and we got a good night’s sleep. We would certainly stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 6, 2013

I stayed here for a few hours overnight due to a very early flight the next morning, the staff on reception were extremely friendly and helpful, check in was easy i didnt even have to show my paperwork she just asked for my name which was convenient. The room was great, modern, very clean and the bed was wonderful even though i was only in it for a few hours, great entertainment selection on the tv. The bathroom was clean and modern and was pleased to find a hardryer. I had a great view of the departures area of the airport, didnt find any noise from the planes annoying. All in all a very good hotel and i will definatly choose this hotel over the ibis next time.

Room Tip: I believe alll the rooms are the same and i honestly cant find a bad word to say i had zero problems...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed December 2, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Ian_Dick, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Reviewed November 30, 2013

There is nothing more awful about this hotel than any other basic chain establishment. The bathroom floors were grubby (not my hair!) & the bed not the most comfy but that's to be expected - and pretty much forgiven because of its convenient location.However, like a Strictly judge, I've got to critique the performance on the night and having a room near the lift meant a terrible sleep.As a seasoned business traveller, I come ready with high quality ear plugs but even they didn't help.The creaking & grinding sounds seemed to travel through the air ducts. Awful. Will try elsewhere next time.

Room Tip: Beware that the nice broad stairwells don't insulate your room from the noise of the lifts. Don...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Ian_Dick, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Reviewed November 29, 2013