“Perfect airport hotel”

Novotel Birmingham Airport
Ranked #27 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Stayed here for one night (room only). Reception was very friendly and helpful. My room was well equipped with all the necessary facilities. There was a wash basin plug issue and the carpet had seen better days. The mattress was a memory foam type; I don't like them, but that's a matter of choice. There was no free Internet access in the bedrooms but, according to management, this is changing later this year. I had a quick dinner in the restaurant which was very tasty. I must have looked lonely, as the waiter offered me a TV table (?!) - my own private table with its own private TV. Eating dinner whilst watching TV and wearing head-phones is not my scene - but it was a nice touch. The airport is 1 minute away across the road - literally! From the airport there is access to the railway station and the NEC.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Ian_Dick, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Dear Reviewer, I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I would like to thank you for your constructive comments I will share them with my team. We look forward to seeing you soon. Kind regards Ian Dick

Reviewed April 30, 2013

After booking an executive room for 2 nights due to the words spacious being advertised for a family of 4 I was a bit surprised to receive an e-mail from the hotel stating that the room we had booked may not be suitable for our family , after accepting the offer of change to different room we were shocked to arrive in the room to find how cramped it was , there was not enough room to pass the side on the bed.If this was the more spacious room then I would not like to see the smaller room.
Location was great and hotel served its purpose , thankfully we only used it as a place of rest as it would not have been suitable to spend any more time in the room due to the size.

Room Tip: Book 2 rooms if more than 3 people.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Ian_Dick, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Thank you for your comments, we can assure you that the matter is being looked into and will be dealt with accordingly. Kind regards, Ian Dick

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed at the Novotel at Birmingham airport as it was right by the terminal which meant it was easy to check in for our early morning flight. Service was excellent, as was room. Would use again if flying out early in the morning.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Ian_Dick, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon. Kind regards, Ian Dick

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Stayed with friends before flying off to Italy with a very early morning check-in at airport. This hotel in situated right opposite departures and is very clean and comfortable, although we did have a foul air smell coming from the bathroom sink area?, nevertheless we would use again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your feedback. We treat all of our comments with the utmost seriousness and we will be investigating this matter accordingly. Kind regards, Ian Dick

Reviewed April 27, 2013

We stayed here on the 23 on our return from holiday before heading home. I was surprised by how helpfull the staff were and how the room we had was of good standard and quality would recommend this hotel to anyone

1  Thank unite1

Reviewed April 27, 2013

We had an early flight out from BHX to Rome and didn't fancy waking up at 4am to make the 45 minute drive up to make the flight in time so we decided to book a room at the Novotel.

To say this airport is close to the the terminal is understatement. From the reception area to inside the terminal its less than a 2 minute walk.

We dropped out car off up the road, which was a 5 minute walk away and within a few minutes of entering reception, we had our room keys and we were in our room. The service here was excellent.

The rooms were well kept, very clean and rather large and we couldn't hear any noise from the flights or traffic outside, which was a wonder given how close to the terminal we were.

We ate at the restaurant on the ground floor for dinner and the food was reasonable for hotel food, however the waiter missed one of our plates we were intending to share, however this was minor in the end as the mains were a little on the large side so we wouldn't have gotten through it all anyway. They didn't charge us for the missed plate, so all good in the end.

Check-out took seconds and we were inside the terminal before we knew it.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying overnight for an early BHX flight - very handy!

1  Thank SimsyAu

Reviewed April 26, 2013

We stayed at the Novotel hotel at the start of February. The first night was hard for me as I am light sleeper and our room was near the guest lift on the first floor, and there was a knocking every minute or so I never worked out what it was but sounded like a heavy door shutting. I told reception in the morning and they moved us to a room on the fourth floor.

Breakfast was always good with plenty of choice. I would recommend upgrading to an executive room if possible especially if you are going to use the TV or broadband as this is included.

My wife and I are were looked after very well.

Room Tip: For a very quiet room choose a room level 4 or above. Exec rooms include wired broadband and TV in p...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business