“Good Meeting Location”

GreenLeadersBronze level
England, United Kingdom
“Good Meeting Location”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We held our regional meeting here for the first time this week, the service level was excellent, meeting rooms well equiped, food for lunch and in the restaurant was very good.

The only negative is that its just like any other Novotel in the world and compaired to some Novotels the breakfast could have been more impressive.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Tripple_Disaster
Ian_Dick, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Airport, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Reviewer, I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I would like to thank you for your constructive comments I will share them with my team. We look forward to seeing you soon. Kind regards Ian Dick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
  • Finnish first
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Stayed at the Novotel for 1 night on the 21st February. Receptionist was very pleasant as were the Restaurant staff. The food was a bit pricey £14.50 for burger and fries but it was very nice.. Nice atmosphere so who cares if it was expensive. As to the position of the hotel in relation to the terminal it was so close we were amazed when came out in the morning, took about 2 minutes if that. Would definately stay here again got a really good deal too only paid £57 for the room for 1 night. Thank you

Room Tip: All rooms are probably the same, no noise from planes.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Ian_Dick, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Airport, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Reviewer, I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you soon. Kind regards Ian Dick
Anglesey, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 7, 2013

If all your looking for is a basic but clean hotel at the airport then this is just the ticket.
This hotel is locate opposite the arrivals and departures lounge at the airport, you couldn’t get much closer. We used this hotel as we had a very early flight the next day.
The rooms are comfortable and clean, but the only down side is the restaurant is expensive. You can always eat at ‘Frankie and Bennys’ at the arrivals area as most people seemed to do.
Overall I would stay here again, purely for its convenience.

Room Tip: Book early to get the best price.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Ian_Dick, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Airport, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Kerry
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Stayed in this hotel with my family a couple of times while visiting family in England. Found location to airport very convenient for early flights. Very clean and good quality for money. Very helpful and friendly staff. Hope to stay again in the future.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Ian_Dick, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Airport, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
St. Albans, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I am currently staying at the hotel for a 4 night business trip at the NEC. My first impressions of the hotel were that the car park situation was a bit fiddly if parking a car, but the receptionist was more than helpful and polite in explaining what to do, and she made me feel very welcome. The gist is to park in the short and medium stay car park no 3 which has the entrance just as you approach the hotel drop off road.

My room is on the 6th floor and has a view over the main entrance of the airport which gives you something to look at when you open the curtains in the morning.

Upon entering the room, it was all clean and pleasant. The internal doors are a bit dated, well more just the doorknobs really, but that is just a tiny thing that I noticed when I walked in. The bathroom is excellent, lovely lighting, stylish big basin, and a spacious walk in shower with a choice of two big ('rainfall' I think they call it) shower heads. The ambient temperature of the room has been perfect, not too cold or warm.

The restaurant area is fine and the breakfast is nice. Service at breakfast has also been excellent, the staff are incredibly attentive and polite and seem genuinely pleased to help. One thing I was really impressed with was that there are several tables for single diners with a built in TV screen and headphones which makes one feel much less of a loner when dining on their own.

I was contemplating going to the gym this evening, so went to check it out when I got back to the hotel. I was disappointed to see that it is small with only a few machines, but I hear this is quite typical for normal hotels. I'm sure it would have been fine, but being self conscious I just didn't fancy being alone with one or two other people in such a small area!

The location for the airport is obviously perfect, it is a 20 second walk to the main entrance of the airport. To get to the NEC, you just need to go inside the airport and get the escalator up to the monorail which takes a couple of minutes max to get the train station where you walk directly into the NEC concourse.

I have just sampled the dinner at the hotel tonight which was pleasant, see photo! ;-)

Overall I'd not have any hesitation in recommending this hotel, it's not luxury or anything to try and impress anyone for example, but its pleasant and I have been most impressed with the high levels of service.

I've previously stayed at the Hilton just down the road which was about £40-£50 more expensive, and was disappointed to hear that we wouldn't be staying there again this year. But this hotel has more than made up for my disappointment :-)

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Thorpeycat
Guernsey
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Stayed one night only after a conference in Warwick. Check-in and out were well above average in efficiency and speed. Food was good, but slow service - however this was due to a number of delayed flights and was explained to me with regrets more than once. Very good wine-waiter.
Room strange in design but perfectly adequate. The impression is of a well-run place. I would stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Ian_Dick, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Airport, responded to this review, March 3, 2013