“Good - but cold in January”

Premier Inn Birmingham South (Hall Green) Hotel
Ranked #50 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Really friendly staff, good location, reasonable food onsite. But on a January weekend with snow forecast, keeping a room "ready" at 16 degrees is mean-spirited and not the staff's fault. If you're going, ring ahead and see if this has been sorted. Otherwise a sound-as-a-pound Premier Inn standard.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Sam R, Manager at Premier Inn Birmingham South (Hall Green) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Dear Roger348

Firstly may I thank you for taking the time to leave a review of Birmingham Hall Green Premier Inn, it is always pleasing to see our guests take the time to let us know how we are doing. Secondly I would like to apologise for your stay not being at the usual high standards of this hotel. The cold weather can be very challenging for us and be assured we do everything possible to make sure our guests have a warm, comfortable night. We do offer extra duvets, heaters and hot drinks to anybody that requests them, but unfortunately you were not made aware of this. I do hope to see you again in the future, and that we have not put you off Birmingham Hall Green Premier Inn.

Again, thank you for leaving your review.

Sam & the team @ Birmingham Hall Green Premier Inn

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Very impressed with this premier Inn! We stayed for 1 night before we went to the NEC for a show on Sunday, not too far away from the NEC arena.
We have stayed in other premier inn's and have always enjoyed our stay, this hotel was the best Premier Inn we have stayed in!
The room was very very clean, bathroom was modern and clean.
The TV was a massive 36 inches mounted on the wall, not what you would expect in a £29 room, very impressed!
The Saturday night stay was a very reasonable price at £29.
Staff were very friendly and helpful. Would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rebecca s

Dear Rebecca S

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review of Birmingham Hall Green Premier Inn. I’m delighted that you had a good stay with us and that you were ‘very impressed!’ Look out for more great deals in 2013, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Many thanks

Sam & The Team @ Birmingham Hall Green Premier Inn

Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

It's funny how one experience of poor customer service can cloud a whole trip. However I cannot fault the rooms at this PI. We had a family room which was excellent better than many high class hotels I have stayed in.
Unfortunately the staff service was let down by some of the evening staff who watched me for over a minute trying to open the door before they let me in. Why on earth they watched me ( carrying a new born baby) for so long before opening the door is a mystery.
PI have certainly sorted their hotels they just need to work on the staff now!

• Stayed: December 2012
Sam R, Manager at Premier Inn Birmingham South (Hall Green) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2013

Dear Seaton7392
Firstly may I thank you for taking the time to leave a review about Birmingham Hall Green Premier Inn. Secondly I would like to apologise for the poor staff service you received on your visit. I must admit that it is very rare that any of our guests leave with such a bad impression of the staff here at Hall Green. Sometimes problems can occur that are completely out of our control but poor customer service is certainly something we can control. If you would like to contact me to discuss this in more detail than please do so, my email address is operationsmanager.birminghamhallgreen@whitbread.com
I’m glad that the other aspects of your stay were of the normal Premier Inn standard, and I do hope that one day you will return to Hall Green so we can rectify the problems you experienced.

Sam Rowlands

Reviewed January 5, 2013

After a lot of searching I settled on this hotel because it was located near to my family and offered good value for money (even considereing it was new years eve). I Stayed two nights and was located in a ground floor room. I expected it to be noisy but it was nothing of the sort and I had a lovely peaceful stay, the room and the bathroom were very clean. The shower was great and there was basic toiletries if you needed it.

I didnt have breakfast so cant comment but I had a meal with my family in the Toby Inn Carvery located on the same sight on New Years Day and I really enjoyed my meal.

It was a very good hotel of its type with friendly welcoming staff and I would definitely stay again. In fact I tried to make another reservation whilst I was there but they did not have any vacancies for the day I wanted.

I will always try to get into this particular hotel on future trips to Birmingham.

Room Tip: Ground floor room next reception were very quiet. Mine was in the corner room 102.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Sam R, Manager at Premier Inn Birmingham South (Hall Green) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

Dear D R

Thank you very much for the fantastic review you left of your stay at Birmingham Hall Green Premier Inn. It’s a shame you were unable to book again with us but keep a look out for more great offers for 2013. We make a lot of effort in ensuring our guests really do have a great nights sleep, and I’m glad we were able to deliver this to you. We look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Sam and the team @ Birmingham Hall Green Premier Inn

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Stayed in the hotel with wife and a baby for a couple of nights. Generally hotel is appealing and staff are equally good. Room was great, helped by having a 42 inch TV! Location of hotel is tucked away in a relatively quiet place yet not too far from local shops.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TigerNas

Dear TigerNas

Thank you for the wonderful review you left of Hall Green Premier Inn. It is always pleasing to see our guests take the time to leave a review. I’m glad that you and your family had a good stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

All the best for 2013.

Sam & the team @ Birmingham Hall Green Premier Inn

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We've just come back from a one night break, visiting family, and I have to say, premier inn is one of the nicest, cleanest hotels in Birmingham! We booked two rooms, in which one room had a travel cot in. Both rooms were very clean, with a nice shower, and fresh sheets on the beds, and a nice, big flat screen TV, on the wall, which was perfect HD. The only downside of the room was in the bathroom, there was only one towel. There were other towels, but took time looking for. Breakfast was very nice, a lovely, warm cooked breakfast, including hash browns, eggs (anyway you want them!) Sausages, and much more!!!! There was a continental breakfast, for the people who didn't want cooked. The hotel staff were very nice, and were there 24 hours if you needed anything. The hotel rooms, and the hotel itself was very quiet, and smelt wonderfully clean. We've stayed before at the premier inn in Birmingham, and both time they impress us!!! Every time we look forward to a comfortable stay! x

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Sam R, Manager at Premier Inn Birmingham South (Hall Green) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Dear Anna H
Thank you for your wonderful review of Birmingham South Hall Green Premier Inn. We take a huge amount of pride in offering a good, clean safe environment for our guests to enjoy themselves. It sounds like you enjoyed the breakfast we offer, which I think at £8.25 for all you can eat, offers great value for money.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Sam and the team @ Hall Green Premier Inn

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We used this hotel for 1 night when visiting friends just before Christmas. We paid £29 for a couple and a child and found it a really good value for money. The room was comfortable although the lack of storage space would not allow a long stay. Additional cost breakfast is offered on site and was more than decent. We found staff to be friendly and helpful. We would highly recommend this hotel for a night stop, especially at that price.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Iyou
Firstly may I thank you for taking the time to leave a review of Birmingham Hall Green Premier Inn. I’m glad you had a good stay with us, and that the staff were friendly and helpful. Keep a look out for more great offers from Premier Inn in 2013, and hopefully we will see you in the future.

Many thanks again