“Great venue not great staff”

Premier Inn Birmingham South (Hall Green) Hotel
Ranked #42 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

It's funny how one experience of poor customer service can cloud a whole trip. However I cannot fault the rooms at this PI. We had a family room which was excellent better than many high class hotels I have stayed in.
Unfortunately the staff service was let down by some of the evening staff who watched me for over a minute trying to open the door before they let me in. Why on earth they watched me ( carrying a new born baby) for so long before opening the door is a mystery.
PI have certainly sorted their hotels they just need to work on the staff now!

• Stayed: December 2012
Sam R, Manager at Premier Inn Birmingham South (Hall Green) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2013

Dear Seaton7392
Firstly may I thank you for taking the time to leave a review about Birmingham Hall Green Premier Inn. Secondly I would like to apologise for the poor staff service you received on your visit. I must admit that it is very rare that any of our guests leave with such a bad impression of the staff here at Hall Green. Sometimes problems can occur that are completely out of our control but poor customer service is certainly something we can control. If you would like to contact me to discuss this in more detail than please do so, my email address is operationsmanager.birminghamhallgreen@whitbread.com
I’m glad that the other aspects of your stay were of the normal Premier Inn standard, and I do hope that one day you will return to Hall Green so we can rectify the problems you experienced.

Sam Rowlands

There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Birmingham South (Hall Green) Hotel

Reviewed January 5, 2013

After a lot of searching I settled on this hotel because it was located near to my family and offered good value for money (even considereing it was new years eve). I Stayed two nights and was located in a ground floor room. I expected it to be noisy but it was nothing of the sort and I had a lovely peaceful stay, the room and the bathroom were very clean. The shower was great and there was basic toiletries if you needed it.

I didnt have breakfast so cant comment but I had a meal with my family in the Toby Inn Carvery located on the same sight on New Years Day and I really enjoyed my meal.

It was a very good hotel of its type with friendly welcoming staff and I would definitely stay again. In fact I tried to make another reservation whilst I was there but they did not have any vacancies for the day I wanted.

I will always try to get into this particular hotel on future trips to Birmingham.

Room Tip: Ground floor room next reception were very quiet. Mine was in the corner room 102.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Sam R, Manager at Premier Inn Birmingham South (Hall Green) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

Dear D R

Thank you very much for the fantastic review you left of your stay at Birmingham Hall Green Premier Inn. It’s a shame you were unable to book again with us but keep a look out for more great offers for 2013. We make a lot of effort in ensuring our guests really do have a great nights sleep, and I’m glad we were able to deliver this to you. We look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Sam and the team @ Birmingham Hall Green Premier Inn

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Stayed in the hotel with wife and a baby for a couple of nights. Generally hotel is appealing and staff are equally good. Room was great, helped by having a 42 inch TV! Location of hotel is tucked away in a relatively quiet place yet not too far from local shops.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TigerNas

Dear TigerNas

Thank you for the wonderful review you left of Hall Green Premier Inn. It is always pleasing to see our guests take the time to leave a review. I’m glad that you and your family had a good stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

All the best for 2013.

Sam & the team @ Birmingham Hall Green Premier Inn

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We've just come back from a one night break, visiting family, and I have to say, premier inn is one of the nicest, cleanest hotels in Birmingham! We booked two rooms, in which one room had a travel cot in. Both rooms were very clean, with a nice shower, and fresh sheets on the beds, and a nice, big flat screen TV, on the wall, which was perfect HD. The only downside of the room was in the bathroom, there was only one towel. There were other towels, but took time looking for. Breakfast was very nice, a lovely, warm cooked breakfast, including hash browns, eggs (anyway you want them!) Sausages, and much more!!!! There was a continental breakfast, for the people who didn't want cooked. The hotel staff were very nice, and were there 24 hours if you needed anything. The hotel rooms, and the hotel itself was very quiet, and smelt wonderfully clean. We've stayed before at the premier inn in Birmingham, and both time they impress us!!! Every time we look forward to a comfortable stay! x

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Sam R, Manager at Premier Inn Birmingham South (Hall Green) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Dear Anna H
Thank you for your wonderful review of Birmingham South Hall Green Premier Inn. We take a huge amount of pride in offering a good, clean safe environment for our guests to enjoy themselves. It sounds like you enjoyed the breakfast we offer, which I think at £8.25 for all you can eat, offers great value for money.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Sam and the team @ Hall Green Premier Inn

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We used this hotel for 1 night when visiting friends just before Christmas. We paid £29 for a couple and a child and found it a really good value for money. The room was comfortable although the lack of storage space would not allow a long stay. Additional cost breakfast is offered on site and was more than decent. We found staff to be friendly and helpful. We would highly recommend this hotel for a night stop, especially at that price.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Iyou
Firstly may I thank you for taking the time to leave a review of Birmingham Hall Green Premier Inn. I’m glad you had a good stay with us, and that the staff were friendly and helpful. Keep a look out for more great offers from Premier Inn in 2013, and hopefully we will see you in the future.

Many thanks again

Sam and the team @ Hall Green Premier Inn

Reviewed January 1, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my family for one night over the Christmas week, and we had a very comfortable time. I was surprised at how quiet the hotel was, given its location just off a large roundabout on the A34 - I wasn't aware of any noise (road or otherwise) for the entire stay.

The room itself was quite small for a family room, but the beds were of a good size and comfortable, with a good modern TV. Bathroom wasn't terribly large either, but, like the room, was spotless - no complaints in that direction. One small niggle is that there wasn't much natural light in the room - the window was inset in a bay at an odd angle - but if this was the price for good sound insulation then it was worth paying.

We had paid for premium breakfasts for the adults (the kids eating free) and were well satisfied with what we were served - all parts of the cooked breakfast being of good quality and properly cooked. I would probably had liked to see greater variety in the choice of fruit juices (there was no grapefruit, for instance), but this is minor.

Finally, the staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Steve L

Dear Steve L
Thank you very much for your kind review of Birmingham South Hall Green Premier Inn. We take a lot of pride in ensuring our guests have the best possible service and a good nights sleep, and I’m glad we were able to do this for you. We hope to see you soon.

Sam and The Team @ Hall Green Premier Inn

Reviewed December 29, 2012

I was really impressed. I got a really low advance room rate and I bought the full breakfast for Christmas morning as a treat. I arrived late on Christmas Eve and the friendly check in lady was happy to recommend a restaurant nearby. I got a double room for single use: spotlessly clean and very comfortable. The next morning I ordered breakfast including very well done scrambled egg and just the while of the fried egg and they were happy to accommodate me. The staff are really friendly and I will definitely return.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Sam R, Manager at Premier Inn Birmingham South (Hall Green) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

Dear Joy A
Thank you for taking the time to leave your wonderful review of Birmingham Hall Green Premier Inn. I’m glad you had a good stay with us. Keep checking the Premier Inn website for more great offers in 2013. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Hope you had a great Christmas and we wish you all the best for the New Year.

Sam & The Team @ Birmingham South Hall Green Premier Inn