Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre
$90
$60
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $69/night.

Free cancellation until 06/01
$151
$83
$66
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $74/night.

$85
$100
$91
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $104/night.

2,228 results
All reviewsthe club loungepillow menucar parkbooked a club roomcity centrenew street stationtwo double bedsbuilding workair conbroad streetroom servicebusiness hotelmail boxcontinental breakfastbrindley placesaturday nightironing board
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Myself and 2 girlfriends stayed at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Birmingham on Saturday night last weekend, we were due to attend a gig in Birmingham which was cancelled a couple of weeks before but we decided to make a weekend of it anyway. We arrived at about 12.30pm on the Saturday afternoon and were greeted at reception by a lovely lady behind the desk (sorry I didn't get her name). Check in was swift and efficient. We were early checking in but this was no problem, our 2 interconnecting rooms were ready so we could get into the rooms at this time, which was a great help.
Our rooms were easy to find on the fourth floor. Lots of lifts so not long to wait with bags. The rooms were finished to a high standard, were spacious with 2 double beds in each, lovely toiletries, big TV's, great showers and facilities. The air conditioning was really efficient too.
We didn't eat or drink in the hotel as we went out for dinner but the lounge and bar looked inviting and modern. The hotel is really conveniently located for the nightlife and shops etc.
On the Saturday night one of my friends had a fall in the city centre, the night porters was really helpful when we got back to the hotel and gave us some ice and made sure she was ok, a nice touch without any fuss.
We all slept really well, the beds were very comfortable and we made the most of the 12 noon check out time! We will certainly return to The Crowne Plaza hotel in Birmingham and would recommend this hotel for leisure and business trips.

Room Tip: We were a party of 3 ladies so the interconnecting rooms were really helpful, giving us 2 bathrooms and plenty of space!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank SusieSueCarlisle
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I just came back from here and aside from the fact there is no help from any concierge when you arrive and also the car park Is under the hotel and no lift just stairs to bring you up to hotel level ,as I am disabled and can walk very short distances it was an extreme struggle to get up the stairs after parking the car ,but having said that the hotel room was a disabled room was comfortable and had the usual amenities one would expect ,the breakfast was a cooked or continental one it was ample to set you up for the morning ,now if you have a self propelled wheelchair and want to go into Birmingham centre I would not advise staying here as you cannot possibly push yourself up the ramp which leads away to the centre from the hotel ,I would advise having someone with you as I did to push you up the ramp but it was a struggle for my wife as it was quite steep , but for able bodied people it is well situated for the centre ,and is a reasonably nice hotel .

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Mark H
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear Mark H,

Thank you for you feedback. We value comments from valued guests like you.

Whilst I am pleased with your compliments regarding our room and breakfast, I am truly sorry for the troubles you had with the level of service provided. Our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Your comments are very important to us as this is our primary source in improving guest services. I have taken note of your comments and these will be taken into consideration for future upgrades. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I arrived without all my paperwork and voucher (IHG Friends & Family Reservation) and the lady behind reception and the concierge were very helpful. The bar staff were friendly and courteous.
The rooms were very clean and modern with good facilities and views over the city. Breakfast was good value and very tasty.
Thoroughly recommend this hotel for both business and leisure.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Tracey H
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I normally stay at the Holiday Inn while on business in Birmingham, but for some reason the Crowne Plaza was about the same price, so why not?
Check in was a breeze - special area for priority club, upgrade to an Executive Club room, and staff were very helpful.
The room was impressive - large and comfortable, and I had use of the club room, with a free breakfast. This makes all the difference - I normally have to pay full price for a breakfast only to have a bowl of cornflakes and a cup of coffee (I never have a cooked breakfast - with the amount of travelling, I'd be morbidly obese).
All of the qualities I look for in a hotel - fast, efficient and clean. Checking out was just as efficient as checking in. Very nice.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Agammemnon
Reviewed June 23, 2013

This was good value for money, polite staff, comfortable beds and breakfast included in room rate of £99. Would like hotel to have given info on website re how to get there from New Street as it is really close but ended up going a long way round. Take signs towards Mailbox and it is directly under the underpass and up to the right. Reasonably quiet for city centre room close to Broad Street NEC and Brindley Place.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family