Premier Inn Birmingham City Centre (Waterloo Street) Hotel
Ranked #10 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Chester
“Great Premier Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

I don't have anything bad to say about this premier inn. Check in was easy, our room was big and clean and we were up on the 6th floor so there was no noise from outside! The location is great too, right in the city centre and just

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PIbirmingham, Manager at Premier Inn Birmingham City Centre (Waterloo Street) Hotel, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Good Afternoon Saz281

Let me say thankyou for such a great review we feel extremely proud and hope you come back and see us again shortly.

Please keep an eye on the website for our saver rates also.

Kind Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
  • Turkish first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

Location was ideal as only mins walk from Birminghham New St Station, also very close Bullring & centre. We paid £50 for room, which in prime location seemed ideal. About 10mins walk to Brindley Place, Broad Street & Symphany Hall (for concerts).

Room was exceptionally clean, spacious & had all we needed. Normally like to stay at independent BBs/hotels but tried Premier Inn as needed 1 night/central.

Think Premier Inn have the perfect ingredient. They call them budget. I would not say luxury, but certainly higher end budget. Stayed at a Travelodge before & not even close.
Comfy beds, exceptionally clean, and spacious rooms, with usual TV, tea/coffe/kettle, etc plus desk. Would think leisure & business travellers be pleased to stay here.
Liked Breakfast options, varying from take away £3 or so to £8.25 pp unlimited buffet plus all extras. Plenty other places to eat but it is deciding where as so much choice nearby.

On negative side: am not used to the auto check in system whereby staff not needed, but they are on hand if necessary. Seemed a little sterile as am used to meeting the hosts of places I usually stay. You could actually book in stay/leave without seeing any staff member.
For very good price place stay/central location - you cannot go wrong.

Room Tip: Room 320 excellent, apart from stain on carpet -probably unable to remove without recarpeting whole...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Janner,

Thankyou for your wonderful review in regards to Premier Inn Waterloo St we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you back again soon.
Although we do have the Quick and Easy Self Check In there should always be a host there to welcome you and guide you with the check in.

I will show these comments to the rest of the team as feedback, hope you stay with us again soon

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

my daughter and i stayed there last weekend as we were at an open day for birmingham university , do not hesitate to stay there as you get first class service, sheila in breakfast room was just lovely as was all dinning room staff ,reception girls must get praise as they were so helpful printing boarding cards etc , very good location as shops and new st station walking distance cant wait to go back

Room Tip: 608 quiet room
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PIbirmingham, General Manager at Premier Inn Birmingham City Centre (Waterloo Street) Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Hello tphp21,

Thank you very much for coming to stay at Premier Inn Waterloo Street.
Sheila will go out of her way to please every single guet, she is an assett to our team and I will congratulate her on your lovely comments.

Don't forget to visit our website to find great deals on rooms!

Wigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

Premier Inns increasingly know how to get things just right, and this one was even better than I have come to expect. Apart from the room having everything needed and being spotlessly clean, we had the guaranteed good night's sleep and the breakfast was very good. But what made it extra good was that the staff were all very welcoming, friendly and helpful. I would thoroughly recomment it for a city-centre stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marianne H
Hello Marianne601,

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at Premier Inn Waterloo Street.
Cleanliness and a great nights sleep is what we truly believe in and I am glad to hear we met your needs in this area.

Please visit us again soon.

West Midlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here Thursday 25 April. Great location for business district (also for shopping). Room basic but clean and as always, great bed. What blew me away was the staff - very polite and attentive. I had a real issue as when I woke up on the Friday, my iPhone had died and I'd left the charger in the car which was 10 mins away and I needed to call my boss urgently. Emily, who was on the front desk, bent over backwards to find a charger, calling housekeeping, searching last property etc before tracking one down. Thanks Emily for saving the day. Will definitely stay again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hello Pickle68,

Thank you for your lovely comments, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at Waterloo Street.
I will pass on your thanks to Emily and I am pleased to hear how attentive she was.

Hopefully we will see you again soon and don't forget about our saver rates online!

Racahel Bateman
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 1 night 24th april-25th april 2013 great location 2 mins to train station and shops yet set back a street so was quiet on night. stayed on 5th floor.lovely genuinely warm welcome by lady on reception who helped us use the fast check in system which is fab if you have stayed there before or are on a business trip etc as its a 'cash machine style' computer that gives you your room card and receipt. Had an evening meal and the full breakfast next morning and it was lovely and so were the staff. Amazed how great staff were usually in hotels as they say same thing over and over they talk to you through gritted teeth but not here. Other guests had same opinion everyone looked happy and a business man said he had stayed in lots of the pricier hotels and it was much better here. I'd definitely stay here again if visiting Birmingham.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PIbirmingham, Manager at Premier Inn Birmingham City Centre (Waterloo Street) Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Hi Trippydippydoodaa...

What lovely comments ..I am really pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and we do really put alot of effort into making it a home away from home and can see you that is exactly what you experienced.
We hope to see you back again with us very soon.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

I booked this when I came to Birmingham for the day to see P!nk and decided to stay overnight. Not having stayed at a Premier Inn before (and having given up budget accommodation long ago) I did not know what to expect.

I only stayed one night and this is what I can say:

* Check in is easy and fast - self check in and it is all very self explanatory

* Rooms are clean, quiet and comfortable and I had a good night's sleep (if not long enough!)

* Staff is amazing - one even walked me to New St station when I asked the way and the rest were very friendly and helpful

* Location is great - 5 mins walk to New St station and across from a lovely park

Missing one star because:

* Breakfast is not included

* WiFi is not included

I would not stay here for a long period of time for those two reasons but for a night or two it very much does what it says on the tin.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PIbirmingham, General Manager at Premier Inn Birmingham City Centre (Waterloo Street) Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Hello Krinkles28,

Thank you for your review of Premier Inn Waterloo Street,

I am glad that we restored your faith in budget hotels.
All of our staff thank you for the lovely comments on our hotel and we hope that the breakfast and wifi doesn't keep you away for too long!