“girls shopping weekend”

Ranked #12 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Kendal, United Kingdom
“girls shopping weekend”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I stayed here with in a group of 6 girls, at end of November. Very nice hotel in a brilliant location for shops and New st station. Everything clean, and staff very helpful. My only niggle was we were originally allocated rooms all over the hotel, but after asking the reception to put us closer together, she managed to change one of the rooms, so we were only 1 floor apart. We had a room over-looking the cathedral, and very spacious. Would definately stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
PIbirmingham, Manager at Premier Inn Birmingham City Centre (Waterloo Street) Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear northerntravellerH,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay in November.

The Reception Team always try to ensure that block bookings are allocated together however I do apologise for the inconvenience caused with your initial room allocations, on this occasion there may have been a large number of group bookings but with only a certain amount of room types per floor.

I hope to welcome you back here soon!

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
  • Turkish first
wales, uk
Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with a friend whilst in Birmingham over night for a gig. We got lucky booking it just after Christmas and managed to get a double for £19, so to be honest I wasn't expecting much.
In terms of the hotel itself it is pretty much uniform with the other premier inns I have stayed in, the rooms were clean and comfortable.
The location is very central and it was handy for us as it was a 5 min walk from the train station and there was a taxi rank round the corner when we needed to get to the venue.
The thing that sets it apart from others that I have stayed in is the service. Everyone that I encountered was more than helpful from the check in girl (who explained all about the "good nights sleep or your money back" policy) at dinner and at breakfast in the morning. Especially at breakfast, the lady was lovely and spent a lot of time going through the different items available at the buffet breakfast.
I would hesitate to stay here again, it was an absolute bargain.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Pinkcurlz,

Many thanks for posting a review regarding your recent stay here at Waterloo Street.

The £19 rooms are certainly a bargain for the City Centre!

I am thrilled to hear that the service you encountered was exceptional and I will be passing on all of your great feedback to the rest of the team.

Southwold, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Stayed here while attending event at NEC. Room exceptional value. The room was clean and staff friendly. The room was small and souless but that is what you would expect from this type of hotel. Last time I stayed here I was lucky and got a corner room which was lovely but this time small and a bit claustrophobic. Having said that I would stay again as it is such good value. Suprisingly quiet for city centre location. The only problem we had was logging into the wi-fi which took 45mins and in the end I had to go to buy a voucher from reception. This worked immediately but I now find I have also been charged on Paypal several time despite the fact it kept saying I hadn't successfully logged in.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner toom
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Smitchell_13,

Thank you for posting a review regarding your recent stay.

If you decide to visit Waterloo Street again, please do not hesitate to contact the hotel before you arrive and request your preferred room,the team will always be happy to help.

In regards to the WiFi, I apologise for any inconvenience caused, if you email your details to birminghamccwaterloost.pi@premierinn.com and I will contact the internet provider to investigate the matter.

I hope to hear from you soon so the problem can be rectified.

Neath
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Have stayed in the Premier Inn regularly over the last few months, and find them excellent value for money, the Waterloo St one is no different. Clean rooms, excellent location, the only thing that let this Premier Inn down was the staff, not all, but had difficulty obtaining new bath towels.

Would stay again tho, as excellent value.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Karl100100,

Thank you for your recent comments regarding your recent stay with us.

I am sorry to hear that you encountered problems obtaining more towels, please be assured we take all service related matters seriously and will be looking into this matter.

If you would like to contact the hotel directly regarding your stay, please contact birminghamccwaterloost.pi@premierinn.com.

I hope to welcome you back here in the future.

Glasgow
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Stayed overnight because of a meeting. Nice hotel, centrally located. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was worth the money ... best coffee I've tasted in a hotel for a long time. Only gripe was it was a bit expensive for a budget chain.

Room Tip: I was on the top floor at the back of the hotel and didn't hear a thing. Very quiet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Khan16,

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding your recent stay.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the 'All you can eat' buffet breakfast, with the delicious Costa coffee.

The best rates are available over the internet, where you can find the bargain £29 rooms.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I seem to struggle to find these amazing £29 deals that people talk about with Premier Inn but lucked out with this one! Really close to the high street but overlooking the lovely park and cathedral. We were checked in by June who was very friendly and professional. The room and bathroom were both spotless. The lit mirror with desk was perfect for doing my make up before our big night out! The soap dispenser was broken in our room and although I asked for someone to fix it, no-one came. This wasn't a huge issue as there is a shower gel dispenser over the bath. I also found the bed a little hard but I did like that there were both hard and soft pillows available. We didn't partake in the breakfast so can't comment on the food but the coffee I ordered was lovely! Having both been to Birmingham uni we have lots of friends in the area so will definitely be staying again, provided we can get the same great value!

Room Tip: Not sure what the pattern is but our room (317) looked out over the park.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear qwerty2721,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay here at Waterloo Street.

I will pass on your lovely comments to June, who is a great asset to the team.

I apologise for the maintenance issue you encountered, we have recently had a number of new dispensers delivered to the hotel so that when these problems occur, they can be fixed as soon as possible.

I hope to welcome you back here soon.

Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We stayed at this place on Saturday 2nd Feb , along with 8 of our friends for my 50th birthday bash in Birmingham, my wife sorted this without me knowing , me being very fussy my first thought was Oh no a cheap hotel !! full of drunks ??, What a very pleasent suprise it turned out to be and it has totally changed my mind , now i know why my empoyees asked me to set up the company hotel account with Premier Inn .

This is a very smart hotel , nice decor , very pleasent and attentative staff , right from the lovely "Meet & Greet " lady when we arrived who shown us how to use the booking in machines to the Breakfast Chef who even asked me when i was loading my breakfast plate if i had everything i needed or could he do something else for me ,

The room was on the 6th floor , very quick lifts to the floors , the room itself was very nice clean lovely large bed , TV, Bathroom was spotlessly clean and there was no noise overnight and we didn't get in until the early hours and we got this on a £29 PER NIGHT,this hotel is ideal for staying in the city it is tucked away in a quite area of the city with the centre just 2 minutes around the corner

The place also has a bar inside the building this was great just to sit have a beer and not be disturbed .

I must say i will DEFINATLEY stay at these hotels again i was a lovely pleasent stay .

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Fmc1963,

Thank you for your great comments regarding your recent stay.

I am thrilled to hear that you and your friends enjoyed your first time with us, especially for your 50th Birthday!!

I will pass on your great comments to the rest of the team.

Look out for more bargain saver rate rooms for £29 on the internet.

I hope to see you here again in the future.