Arrived 26 March. 14 with a note on door to telephone for key & entry. Thankfully I had mobile. Room 9, was smelly, dingy and with a massive dirty dining table with chewing gum stuck to the metal framework. Space on table taken up by an old unoperateable TV with wires dangling down from ceiling. Movable electric radiator with broken wheels. Very badly broken double electric socket. The small carpet was dirty with previous occupants rubbish and items also left behind. Wobbly free standing clothes rail. I felt uncomfortable to use the unfinished shower, (I think it's an electric shower) as the shower area was filthy with black mould and I could not see an on/off switch also the ceiling light was an open bulb.
Opened dirty window for air to find YEARS of dust, filth and grime between sliding double glazing and window. No toilet paper holder makes one having to back reach over ones head for paper, difficult for a 71 year old, basin was very, very small with an small electric heater over so making it difficult to shave or wash hands/face in, making water going onto vinyl floor.
Noisy bed springs keeps one awake.
Self service Kitchen area with rusting fridge and very basic DIY stuff in plastic containers and only stodgy white bread for toast and then having to eating off a sticky table. The alarm went off while someone was making toast. Not a nice place to stay for me, so very, very glad to leave, un-showered for the day ahead but great to get out of there.
I was informed I could pay by Credit Card but you CANT it's CASH ONLY.
It's the most UNPLEASANT place I have ever stayed in. Brian.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Charde Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.