“INVIROMENTAL HEALTH & THE HSE SHOULD BE INFORMED OF THIS ESTABLISHMENT”
Review of Charde Guest House

and 1 more site!
Charde Guest House
Ranked #45 of 52 Birmingham B&B and Inns
Leicester, United Kingdom
“INVIROMENTAL HEALTH & THE HSE SHOULD BE INFORMED OF THIS ESTABLISHMENT”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Do not under any circumstances book to stay in this unkempt and disgraceful establishment. please check my photos for hard factual evidence. I will be contacting people and persons who are responsible for keeping customer standards at a certain level as this one should be closed down for total refurbishment and professional cleaning. our bedding had not even been changed from the previous guests!!!!! as there were sweets down the side of the bed on top of the sheet. pillows and cases were stained. towels were thread bare and stained with holes. toilet seat broken, no plug for sink and the shower was completely unusable due to mould and scum build up and being broken. we didn't even step foot in the dinning area as cups and plates were all chipped and a brown pottery so you could not tell if they were clean. I stayed here with my disabled mum while visiting cruffs, we stated we had walking difficulties when we booked but was put on first floor with two lots of stairs to climb. owners were no where to be found after booking in and taking our money! just a mobile number to phone with no answer.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank lorraine866

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Well What Can I Say.
I have stayed in many places in the country but this , this was just shocking . The rooms where disgusting the bedding didn't match the curtains more like sheets .Very noisy .why when I went to the reception I didn't walk out straight away I have no idea . I could of stayed at a hostel for less and this would of been much more pleasant stay.

Never Again

Room Tip: None of them
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HELEN S
South Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 5, 2014

The bedding in my room stank of cigarettes. Towels were like sandpaper and only changed next day if you requested. Breakast (advertised as continental) consisted of cereal with UHT milk or toast and jam!!!No sink in kitchen area so kettle had to be taken to room to refill. Rooms freezing cold. I did not see any management/workers in the 3 days I stayed there and any complaints i had were made by me via a mobile number. i checked out by hanging up the keys to my room on the way out on a door hook!!!

Room Tip: Avoid the room in the garden shed !!!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Jacko171
Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Wish i had read the reviews before we booked, awful place to stay, very rude owner shouting and demanding cash from the young girl booking for my company when we had only just arrived at hotel. Only place available to stay at the time near to where we needed.
No Card payment facilities.
Someone should inspect this place.
Please please do not stay here.

Room Tip: Dont pick any!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank peter L
Rochford, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 25, 2013

How this place is still open is beyond me. We were asked to wait in the lounge (2 seater dirty setee and tiny tv.) The dining rooms plates hadn't even been cleared away from breakfast (this was now 4.30pm) On being shown to our room double and not twin as requested. The sheets, quilt cover and pillow cases were dirty and not ironed. The heater that had been put in the room was filthy as were the shower, skirting boards and toilet floor. The windows were covered in mould.
We had to make our own breakfast but on looking in the cupboard the food was just thrown in and looked disgusting. Two other guests we met in the morning were appalled as well. One had woken to water dripping on him and found himself moved to a bed in a shed outside.
I know it wasn't over expensive but I am sure it could have been cleaned at least.
The only thing going for this place is the man who answered the door was at least friendly.

Room Tip: Stay at home
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank nuttyrita
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 20, 2013

This place has no redeeming qualities. The continental breakfast is a toaster with bread, butter and jam, lidl cereals and long life milk. Tired dated building. Shabby room with dirty bathroom. Room not cleaned once in 5 nights. Internet not working.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Matt D
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We booked to stay 2 nights here while we were attended an event at the NEC.

The whole place stank of stale cigarette smoke, including the bed linen. The curtain rail fell off the wall when we tried to close the curtains. Part of the shower also fell off while my partner was showering.

The 'continental' breakfast only consisted of cereal and bread, which you could toast yourself. There was no fruit or yoghurt or anything. The other guests mess was all over the dining room when we came down for breakfast.

We decided to only stay for one of the two nights we booked because it was that awful!

We put a complaint in, but were refused our money back or any sort of compensation.

DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Princess_Nemi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Travelodge Birmingham Sheldon
The White House Quality Bed & Breakfast
Nine Elms
Nine Elms
#26 of 52 in Birmingham

Been to Charde Guest House? Share your experiences!