“Brilliant Basmati of Birmingham”
Review of Basmati Restaurant

Basmati Restaurant
Ranked #68 of 2,288 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Bangladeshi
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We were staying in the area and wanted an authentic curry on the last night of our holiday. My husband googled and found Basmati within easy walking distance of our hotel. The reviews on Trip Advisor looked good, so off we went.

From the outside, I have to admit I thought he'd made a mistake. It looked a bit run down and scruffy but that all changed the moment we stepped inside the front door. The place was beautifully modern and the staff incredibly attentive.

The food was great, even our teenagers ate and ate and eventually gave up because there was just too much food. I had the safe option of korma but it was one of the best I've tasted. Balti was sampled too and magnificent.

All in all we were very pleased we chose to eat here and would certainly come back if ever in the area.

tajbir, Manager at Basmati Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

Dear Dinner,

thank you for making this handsome review. we are glad that we are able to deliver what our customers are striving for and most importantly pleased to have you all whom are supporting our business and encouraging us with a beautiful review like what you did.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Wasn't actually looking for an Indian restaurant particularly, whilst staying overnight in West Bromwich, but chanced on this place and....every aspect was just right. From the initial greeting, table service, food, ambience...everything made for a very pleasurable evening and we will certainly go back if we're ever up that way again. The waiters were perfect...charming, thoughtful, smiling...taking great care throughout the meal to ensure all was just as we wanted, ready with polite conversation when appropriate, and without being intrusive or determined to get us to spend more money! The food was perfect, from the initial popadums and range of starters, to the main dishes including a requested minor variation from the menu....nothing too much trouble, and all beautifully cooked with good quality ingredients. The Sag Bhaji, for example, was served slightly smoother in texture to my local restaurant, and with an interesting extra tier of flavours somehow. Will certainly be back. Thankyou very much.

Dear Dinner,

Thank you for you great and candid review. it is a pleasure for us to present you with finest bengali cuisine and shall promised to be continued with it for many years to come. we shall look forward to welcome you again.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

We had a lovely meal here when we had tried the Harvester next door and they were full, im so glad we had food here as the food was fantastic and the staff very good indeed

Dear Dinner,

Thank you for you beautiful review. a review like yours certainly encourage us to be even more committed with our quality and service time to time. It was a pleasure for us to serve you and shall look forward to welcome you again.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Having sampled the harvester next door I wanted to see what it's like at Basmati - how different great food and service. I never felt rushed and the food was divine. from now on when I'm staying in the area I will always visit this great restaurant. It does not matter if you have a group of 10 or like me dining alone, your made to feel so welcome.

Dear Dinner,

Thank you for you beautiful review. it was a pleasure for us to serve you and shall look forward to welcome you again.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Visited this place during my stay at the Premier Inn next door and I really regret it. I insisted to go there expecting a little bit more based on the reviews I had read before. The service was good, but the place and table clothes don't look very clean. The food was OK, but had absolutely no presentation at all. In the end I ask for a French coffee (it's on the menu) but it was like drinking cold water with some sugar... I definitively don't recommend this place to anybody.

2  Thank ctgo
tajbir, Manager at Basmati Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear Customer,

I would like to thank you to start with for writing this review. We are really sorry to hear that we have failed to meet your expectation on this occasion. I have read you review throughly several time, it appears that you have not found the table cloths and the restaurant as whole not clean enough I'm really surprised to hear that as we always put our heartiest best to make sure that we could present a very clean and hygienic restaurant to our dinner . You can notice that from some of our previous dinners mentioned on their review about how clean and hygienic restaurant we maintained for years . Although we don't know what you actually have noticed that has lead to that impression of us. I must state that we are known as one of the cleanest restaurant in Birmingham for years and it's not what we say but majority of customer's perception of us. We may not have many expensive interior and presentation as five star ala-cat restaurant but we are committed to produce a finest cuisine in our offering and also proud of what we are doing for years in making our dinner proud to be a part of Basmati. In regards to coffee, i would like to express our heartiest apology to hear that you found your French coffee were cold that is totally unacceptable for any customer. we are looking at this matter to go in to depth of the reason why it went cold on the table to the customer and i promise that we shall do everything in future to ensure that we could prevent this happening ever again. Our business reputation mean everything to us we are always committed to produce good quality and sustain it all the time. If we make any mistake at any time we encourage our customer to disclose or share that to us hence we could do everything to rectify it instantly to make our customer leave the premises with satisfaction and also take precaution to prevent that from repeating again. we love to go a extra mile to make smile on our customer's face and thats a promise to our customers . We shall look forward to welcome you again

Many thanks