“Fantastic”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Retford, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We had a lovely meal here when we had tried the Harvester next door and they were full, im so glad we had food here as the food was fantastic and the staff very good indeed

Visited April 2013
tajbir, Manager at Basmati Restaurant, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Dear Dinner,

Thank you for you beautiful review. a review like yours certainly encourage us to be even more committed with our quality and service time to time. It was a pleasure for us to serve you and shall look forward to welcome you again.

Oxford, United Kingdom
“Give it a try!”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Having sampled the harvester next door I wanted to see what it's like at Basmati - how different great food and service. I never felt rushed and the food was divine. from now on when I'm staying in the area I will always visit this great restaurant. It does not matter if you have a group of 10 or like me dining alone, your made to feel so welcome.

Visited April 2013
Dear Dinner,

Thank you for you beautiful review. it was a pleasure for us to serve you and shall look forward to welcome you again.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Expected more from this restaurant”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Visited this place during my stay at the Premier Inn next door and I really regret it. I insisted to go there expecting a little bit more based on the reviews I had read before. The service was good, but the place and table clothes don't look very clean. The food was OK, but had absolutely no presentation at all. In the end I ask for a French coffee (it's on the menu) but it was like drinking cold water with some sugar... I definitively don't recommend this place to anybody.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank ctgo
tajbir, Manager at Basmati Restaurant, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Customer,

I would like to thank you to start with for writing this review. We are really sorry to hear that we have failed to meet your expectation on this occasion. I have read you review throughly several time, it appears that you have not found the table cloths and the restaurant as whole not clean enough I'm really surprised to hear that as we always put our heartiest best to make sure that we could present a very clean and hygienic restaurant to our dinner . You can notice that from some of our previous dinners mentioned on their review about how clean and hygienic restaurant we maintained for years . Although we don't know what you actually have noticed that has lead to that impression of us. I must state that we are known as one of the cleanest restaurant in Birmingham for years and it's not what we say but majority of customer's perception of us. We may not have many expensive interior and presentation as five star ala-cat restaurant but we are committed to produce a finest cuisine in our offering and also proud of what we are doing for years in making our dinner proud to be a part of Basmati. In regards to coffee, i would like to express our heartiest apology to hear that you found your French coffee were cold that is totally unacceptable for any customer. we are looking at this matter to go in to depth of the reason why it went cold on the table to the customer and i promise that we shall do everything in future to ensure that we could prevent this happening ever again. Our business reputation mean everything to us we are always committed to produce good quality and sustain it all the time. If we make any mistake at any time we encourage our customer to disclose or share that to us hence we could do everything to rectify it instantly to make our customer leave the premises with satisfaction and also take precaution to prevent that from repeating again. we love to go a extra mile to make smile on our customer's face and thats a promise to our customers . We shall look forward to welcome you again

Many thanks
Fleetwood, Lancashire
“Great food and good service”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

After a long day at work, and whilst staying at the Holiday Inn just up the road, I wandered into the Basmati restaurant for a well deserved curry.

With lots of dishes to choose from I was not disappointed.

The numerous waiting staff were both quick to fill my order, as well as being discreet and not overbearing.

The food was very tasty and arrived within a reasonable timeframe. In spite of there being hardly a table which wasn't full of other diners - a testament to how good the restaurant is.

I had to use the lavatory whilst the, and it was both clean and pleasant smelling.

I would heartily recommend this restaurant for all diners.

• Visited March 2013
tajbir, Manager at Basmati Restaurant, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Diner,

Thank you for taking time to write this candid review. A little disappointment that we have not got the 5 star this time but it is certainly encouraging for us to improve on everything we lacking to produce even better food and outstanding service so that we can get 5 star review in future.. we shall look forward to welcome you again soon.

Stoke-on-Trent
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely meal”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Great lamb and chicken rezalas, the peshwari nan and mushroom pilau rice were also very good. The quality of the food combined with the cost makes this restaurant an excellent choice.

• Visited March 2013
tajbir, Manager at Basmati Restaurant, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Diner,

Thank you for taking time to write this fantastic review. we pleased to learn that you had best meal us.a review like yours will certainly be more encouraging in future to produce the finest meal as always. we shall look forward to welcome you again soon.