“High Society”

Circle Restaurant
Ranked #185 of 2,379 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The perfect place to start your visit to the theatre. Our stylish Circle Restaurant, located just a short walk from your seats off the Middle Circle Foyer, offers a relaxing dining experience with tempting, modern menus and an extensive wine list. Our menus are adapted for each show and take advantage of seasonal produce. Wherever possible, we source from local suppliers; this helps us to achieve our aims of supporting the regional economy and to protect the environment by reducing food miles.
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We are regular theatre goers but this is the first time we have used the Circle Restaurant as well. The food and quality of service exceeded our expectations and was first class. A very pleasant addition to the overall theatre experience and one that we will repeat.

1  Thank Foxtrotfan

Reviewed May 2, 2013

We went to see Phantom last night & ate at Circle Restaurant prior to the performance (again!).
Starter of mackerel with pea salad, main of salmon/sea bream/scallop on lemon mash & sweet of rice pudding creme brulee accompanied by a NZ Sauvignon & followed by coffee + petite fours....our gastronomic performance beat the theatrical one (& Phantom was perfectly competent).
Our service team were very personable & enthusiastic.
A really enjoyable evening.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Booked the VIP experience with Phantom tickets and was pleasantly surprised by The Circle Restaurant and like so many other reviewers wondered why I hadn't been here before! The VIP experience was basically a glass of champagne, a programme per couple and a 3 course meal. Good to have the option of having either coffee or desert in the interval. We had champagne at the table and the food selection was very good. I heard someone complaining "They didn't have the champagne laid out and now we're just in the same restaurant as everyone else". Perhaps they were expecting a red carpet!! It certainly felt like a treat for me and I liked being in the buzzy atmosphere of the restaurant as the theatre filled up (it is strangely perched on an almost mezzanine above the entrance) but if you want red carpet private dining experience then this is not it. This also meant that we could choose any food from the menu however which was much better than the set menu choices I had envisaged so I was happy. Food was delicious, vodka smoked salmon great and I didn't find portions to be too small at all, especially since we only had an hour before the performance started and I certainly didn't want to be falling asleep! Coffee arrived hot and promptly in the interval with desert. Only criticism would be that extra vegetables had to be ordered as a side which then obviously wasn't included in our package and also wine was a bit pricey. It was very difficult to get waiter and waitresses attention for extra drinks as we were tucked in a corner and they were busy but none of these things spoiled a lovely start to a great theatre trip.
In summary a lovely treat and somewhere I wish I had visited earlier. I have all ready recommended it to friends and hope to go again. As it was a gift I don't know if the VIP ticket package is good value for money, If its a birthday treat go for it, if not i would suggest checking out the ticket and menu prices first in case its cheaper when you do it separately.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Just returned from a lovely at the theatre. Decided to book the theatre restaurant as we knew we wouldn't have much time. Delicious meal - very good quality although some may find portions on the small side. Fantastic service and very fast and efficient without being made to feel rushed. Nice to have the option of dessert in the interval and our table was kept for us so no queuing at the bar! Would definitely go again especially when going mid week.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Took my wife there for her **th birthday before seeing Phantom of the Opera. Beautiful food and certainly not basic. Portions are not terrific but the taste is great. Good to go here when going to see the show as service is quick and they have to have the meal finished before the show starts. Not cheap but somewhere special for that special event.