“Cooking School”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Italian Restaurant opened in 2009. Stylish converted High St Bank
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is a review about the cooking school at La Banca.....Great night cooking risotto and lovely tarragon chicken with lovely owner of la banca. Nice pace, small group, great value and got to take yummy food home! Dishes magically washed and dried nd wine provided to help with the cooking!

2  Thank Victoria505

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We had a meal here for my mums birthday as she loves Italian. Although it was lovely, not the best we've ever had. Staff were helpful and attentive.

1  Thank RuthieB75
Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

Although the title of my review doesn't really add a lot, the word nice kind of sums up the restaurant.

Myself and 8 others booked a table on a Saturday night. The venue is modern and pleasant. We were greeted warmly and shown to our table.

I had the chicken starter with peppers on a home made bread. Myself and most others had the same and all enjoyed it. In fact it was superb and the highlight for me. The home made bread on the side though was dry.

For mains I had the sea food risotto which again was well cooked, I enjoyed it but it didn't have the wow factor to it and was in parts a bit splodgey if that's a word.

My friend had the steak which looked incredible, so did the pork and lamb dishes. The lasagne, cannelloni though didn't go down too well with the others. The people who had the meat enjoyed it but felt compelled to order a side of potatoes as the dish didn't offer much else other than the meat. If they hadn't they would've gone home hungry. The food was washed down with a nice cold pint of peroni.

The service was fantastic with the waiter offering a free sambuca shot at the end. The owner made us feel welcome and you are looked after throughout.

Personally I don't think it's worth the money. Enjoyed the food but everyone felt it was overpriced as it came to £72 per couple with a few drinks. For me there wasn't that much choice on the menu either and I feel disappointed after reading previous reviews on here that some of the dishes such as the duck and crab ravioli are no longer available.

In all I would go back and it is worth a visit for a special occasion however there are plenty of other places id go back to before la banca. Decent enough food with great service but too over priced and lacking choice.

3  Thank DamianMOR
Reviewed May 12, 2014

We where the guests on the table listerning to " You Tube" comedy stetch. The Owners are our friends. Who have very recently lost their mum,who we knew. It think the other diners should have "cut them some slack". As anyone who knows when you lose a parent,at what ever age,it's painfull. So please disreguard the last message. It was a one off.

1  Thank blakesend11
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Food excellent and Staff helpful. Sadly the insistence of the Chef and Management in playing You Tube Comedy excerpts on full volume to adjoining table guests, without regard to other diners spoiled the latter part of the evening. Not acceptable and hope will not be repeated EVER.

1  Thank terry g