Shababs Balti Restaurant
Ranked #156 of 2,321 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Balti
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Shababs is located in the heart of the Balti Triangle on the renowned Ladypool Road. Shababs smart decor with henna patterned wallpaper greets the diner but make no mistake, this is a genuine Birmingham balti house right down to it's glass topped tables.Shabab is the place to enjoy Birmingham's famous culinary creation.... The Authentic Birmingham Balti.
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This is a fantastic restaurant with an extensive vegetarian selection. As a genuine Birmingham balti restaurant they use natural spices not artifical flavouring/colourants and the taste they achieve is amazing. I had balti chana and it was stunning, it was cooked medium and this allowed all of the complex and smoky flavours to come through without being masked by chilli.
Four of us ate and the value for money was exceptional, £42 for poppadums, mains, rice and naan.
The restaurant is located in the Balti triangle with a great free car park across the road and a nice buzzy street scene.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Some friends took us here not impressed when we turned up lots of tables but all full of dirty plates on, but a couple people appeared and had a quick tidy up.
Anyway on to the food I have not real complaints but I have had many curries better then this but again I have had a lot worse, price wise very good value and you can take your own alcohol with you

Reviewed June 12, 2013

The food we had at Shababs was excellent. Our baltis were served in the balti bowls they were cooked in, which were well and truly seasoned. We commented on this straight away as some places do serve up in a shiny silver coloured balti dish. This was how it should be done.

The food, service and ambience were all spot on.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We (family of 6) stumbled upon this place on Saturday evening (08/06/2013), and all thoroughly enjoyed our meals.
The staff were very helpful, and the food was spot on, authentic and very reasonably priced too.
The menus were also very clear, located beneath the glass table top, which meant there was no messing.

Although they didn't serve alcoholic drinks, as is often the case in these places, they allowed people to bring their own, or order draft ales from the pub down the road. The pub deliver the drinks to the table using the same carrier as our milk man uses, a novelty which we all found amusing.

My only minor criticism, which didn't bother me, but some may be a little put off by, was with the cleanliness of the Balti bowls and bread baskets. The balti bowls looked like they had been struck by a nuclear warhead, and were very blackened and lacquered. This didn't bother me too much since I've seen far worse elsewhere in the world.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

I dont need to say anything other than this restaurant serves a top curry!! The House Special Mixed Grill Balti is outstanding, wonderfully cooked, presented well and tastes amazing. The kids had the Korma and the empty plates at the end says it all. My wife ordered the Chicken Tikka Masalla and was surprised that it wasnt the creamy dish she was used to but nevertheless it was excellent.

The staff were very friendly, the decor appealing and the meal offered top value.

My only criticism would be that some activities for children such as colouring books would have been useful.

Overall I would recommend Shabab as a must not miss restaurant if you are in the Balti triangle.