“Worth a visit ! ”

Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Edgbaston
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

Ate here twice already. whatever we have tasted first time been very nice. Hasnt disappointed us . Only minus point is parking space when it comes to a festival. This is the best asian restaurant me and my partner have ever eaten at. Good manners , service and food quality . Not overpricely ! Worth every penny !! Will definitely recommend it to anybody .

2  Thank anishta
Write a ReviewReviews (1,216)

Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

Table for 1 on Feb 25.
Not very welcoming when you walk in - got ignored by the man on the desk at the front and no waiter came forward to seat me when I went into the restaurant.

Excellent poppadums and chutneys.

Shish kebab to start was good - I would like a wedge of lemon with it though.
Chicken balti was enjoyable - big portion and huge portion of rice that I could not get through.

I thought that the price was good and that this was a good value meal

Easy to imagine that this is a noisy place when it is busy.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

We were visiting Birmingham on a Monday and stopped to have dinner at about 7pm, on recommendation of a friend. The actual building is quite impressive, and very clean. The decor and facilities are similar to that of a hotel, including a car park. When we entered the restaurant only a few tables were taken, however by the time we left it was almost full. Surprising for a weekday. We ordered 3 starters, 1 lamb karai, 1 chicken and keema curry, 1 lamb biryani, and family nan, with 1 roti. The starters were served first as requested, we waited about 10 minutes. The main followed, well presented, and served by an attentive waiter. All staff were smartly dressed in uniform. The food was tasty, and the portions a good size. We asked for the deserts menu, and ordered chocolate brownies with ice-cream, and rasmalai. The bill came to a reasonable amount, and service was good. The only reason I haven't given 5 stars is because of the bar, this halal restaurant serves alcohol.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

I have been to akbars a number of times and i have not been disappointed yet. The starters and mains are all reasonably priced considering its location. The quality of food is superb. Very tastey and tantalising. The staff are very friendly and attentive to your needs. The food comes out fairly quickly, even at the busiest of times. Also, if you have left overs, you can easily take it away in a doggy bag for later, so theres defo no wasteage! My slight con will be that at their busier periods it can be very noisey with lots going on. Nevertheless i will always be an akbars fan.

1  Thank sufgum
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Had dinner here as we were staying at the hotel opposite.The food was nice, the service was good. The atmosphere was very noisy though. It's a good place to come for casual dining but certainly not the place for a quiet meal.