“I just keep going back”
Review of Akbars

Akbars
Ranked #345 of 2,310 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Edgbaston
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Without sounding like I have an addiction, whenever my family and I plan a trip to Birmingham, (which is an hour away) we always end up back at Akbars.
The fantastic book, joined with brilliant service and a lovely atmosphere makes it the obvious choice for a family meal for us. Would be perfect for most occasions; birthday parties, work meals, and dates. Quick and reliable service means you are not waiting around for ages watching others enjoy their meals.
There unique way of serving naan breads restores the social aspect of going out for a meal and allows more space on the table
When you get shown to your seat, they throw rose petals your table. This, by far, is my favourite thing

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Went to Akbars today with a friend (Monday 27th May 2013) and received excellent customer service from our waiter Arsalan Ayaz, he was extremely polite, well mannered and a wonderful person to speak to. The manager was also present and asked whether we needed anything else which we did and responded to our request which was tremendously nice of him :D. For the food I JUST LOVED IT, so I just want to say Thank you to the chefs for such a delicious dinner and the best part was the food wasn't expensive. Had a great dinner providing with excellent service and a wonderful atmosphere. Thank you

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Pre-booked a week before for my son's 18th birthday. We arrived earlier than the 7pm booking but by the time we had been to the bar and got our first round of drinks we were shown to our table. The service was very good and food was better than an average curry. If anything the waiters were a little too over attentive but then when we wanted to look at the dessert menu and pay the bill they were elusive which was a little frustrating. But overall the experience was a positive one, decor and table layout were very good. Noise levels were a bit high but looks like business is booming. Choice of music was perhaps too cheesy for our liking too. But we were impressed with all our meals and the quickness of the piping hot food. Very good value for money! My sister has decided she wants to do her birthday there in July!

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Came to Akbars for a 2nd visit after having a great time last year (this is the 2nd Indian meal I have ever had), Had a good welcome from staff, seated promptly and nothing was too much trouble for our waiter. The staff were very helpful and unobstrusive or pushy. The manager came and had a conversation (normally only see managers at restaurants if a problem). Food was great and each course was empty plates from us all. Good value for money. Made a birthday celebration special and would definately return.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Didn't go on a busy Friday or Saturday evening, but Sunday with my family for the first time.

Brilliant location on the Hagley Road next to TGIF, a very decent impression from the outside decor, and the walk into the restaurant matches the initial thoughts.

They do not take bookings for small numbers, but have a large waiting room in case of busy periods.

The tables are clean and the tops are ladled with rose petals as you are seated!

We had the lamb chops, sheikh kebab, chick peas and chicken wings for starters! yum yum

This was followed by two baltis and garlic naan bread. The waiter was attentive in informing us if the order was sufficient or in our case too much.

Shall definately come back here in the future