“What a shame!”

Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Ladywood
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I have never written a review, but felt compelled to express my disappointment in the experience of last night. Firstly, the food was very good and is the reason I write this, but the service was shocking! The staff were lacking personality, attentiveness and even knowledge which meant the restaurant atmosphere was lacking and led to a very average experience. Clearly the chef is talented as the food was tasty and inventive, but the owners need to quickly realise that the food a lone will not bring people back as we go out a spend our well earned money on the total food and service experience.

4  Thank CheekyGarry
There are newer reviews for Loves Restaurant

Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

Just got back from a night with my fiancé at Loves, and we could not have enjoyed ourselves more. All the staff were lovely, very friendly and attentive, each course came out in a timely manner, the wine recommendations were spot on...

And the food, wow! Stylishly presented, perfectly cooked and incredibly tasty. I can't think of a negative about the whole experience. We have been to all the best restaurants in Birmingham (Simpsons, Turners, Purnells etc) and this place is right up there. The Pigs Head main course is one of the nicest dishes I've ever had! And the chocolate and hazelnut desert was to die for. Even the amaretto coffee to finish with was a delight. If you like fine dining go and visit Loves.

We will 100% be going again.

Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Booked a table recently for my girlfriends birthday, my sole qualm is that I didn't have the money to be able to do the tasting course. Everything we ate was incredible, and the maître d' was extremely helpful when aiding two recent wind drinking converts when choosing a wine (which was lovely.) I personally can completely understand why this place has such rave reviews, it is incredible.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

I had decided to treat my mother and father for lunch on Mothering Sunday. The main was truly terrible. We all had roast beef and it was cold, the potatoes were dry and there was a scant splash of jus in the jug. After requesting more we were given a tablespoon's worth more between four! The room was really quite cold. Additionally, they forgot to give us are petit four with coffee.

I was really excited and have dined at various high calibre restaurants, but I could have done a better job of the main myself (and I'm not a chef). Sorry mum!

1  Thank Quichenbeans
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This restaurant only opens one Sunday per month, but it is worth waiting for. The service was first class, and the food was very good. We both has the tasting menu, every course of which was a delight. Unfortunately, as I was driving, I was unable to have the wine flight. The wine we did have however was very good and the Nyetimber Sparkling wine on arrival has converted us to trying more UK produced wines.