City Nites
  • Room Service
$91
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Bloc Hotel Birmingham(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
$51
$37
$36
$105
$91
All reviewsbarclaycard arenathese apartmentsfridge freezerapartment was cleansecure parkingwashing machinebrindley placeapartment blockfully fitted kitchengreat apartmentshome from homecity centreself cateringliving roomfull kitchendvd playerbroad street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We're big fans of City Nites having stayed before as a group and as a couple.

It's located around the NIA and only 5 minute walk to Broad Street then a further 10 minute walk to The Bullring.

Every time the rooms have been clean and spacious with much more room than a standard hotel plus huge beds.

I've seen negative comments regarding the deposit of £250 which I agree should be made more obvious when booking which isn't necessarily City Nites fault if booked via a 3rd party.

In summary, we always book City Nites when staying in Birmingham as the location is perfect for the price.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I recently stayed at City Nites for my 21st birthday as it is close to the clubs of Broad Street. I felt as though we were treated unfairly and was told that we had caused many complaints due to noise and other petty excuses that I felt were not reasonable at all. Due to this the whole of the £250 deposit was taken (which I think is too much to begin with). I think its fair to say I will definately not be returning back to these apartments, they are just purely money makers!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I chose a serviced apartment as a bit of a change to mainstream hotels. However, we were disappointed with the location and had to get a taxi to and from the apartment as we were seeing a concert at the o2 academy.
The apartment itself needed a £250 deposit which was a bit unnecessary. They were quite spacious although signposting of the rooms and the apt block is really poor so we wasted time looking for where the room was! These are basic apartments really, and on the surface look ok although the finish in the bathroom wasnt good. They feel like they need a bit of a makeover.
If you don't mind the distance from the centre and just want a low (ish) cost base or are going to the NIA then I guess these would be ok, but I wouldn't choose these again.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I am always one for an apartment over a hotel because of the space, and this definitely gave us enough space. The entrance to our apartment was nice and wide, because of the snow however it could have done with a more absorbant mat! The bathroom is a good size, however it lacked hanging space for towels, especially the towels they provided because they were lovely, soft and big!

The open plan living/dining room/kitchen was large enough for 2 people. The kitchen came fully equipped - we didn't cook there, but it looked like there would be pretty much everything you'd need. Some walls could do with a touch up and some blinds were a bit tatty, but it was nothing major. The mattress didn't have a mattress protector, which I would have preferred it to have, and the bed wasn't the most comfortable I've slept on, maybe a topper would help. The connection to the wifi was fast, there's different codes for the 4 different blocks of apartments.

When we checked in the reception were welcoming and helpful, getting us into our apartment earlier than the stated 16:00 check in (which I feel is quite a late check-in, but at least we got in earlier). Each block has secure entry and a lift. The location is good, it's close to the NIA, Sealife centre, canals, and about a 15 minute walk to shops and New Street Station (depending on how fast you walk of course!). The apartments weren't on a busy road - I don't remember being disturbed by any outside noise. This wasn't the nicest apartment I've stayed in, in terms of styling/wow factor but I would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We went to the NIA to see a show and opted for these apartment; what a good choice. We had a two bed apartment ( for myself,my husband, daughter and her fiancé). We paid £89 + £10 to park the car...well worth it. For that price for 4 of us, we weren't expecting much.The NIA was a minutes walk away. On our arrival we were given a code to park the car in a secure ( gated) underground car park, so didn't have to worry about parking. We were then given our keys and Diamond ( the name of the receptionist) gave us clear instructions to find our apartment ( about 30 seconds to walk to our 'block'). The apartment was gorgeous....clean, airy, comfortable and very modern. Nicely furnished with a fully fitted kitchen which was very nice and modern. The bedrooms were lovely; beds really comfy, bathroom clean and bright. It had all the comforts of home. The location was great, we jumped a taxi to the bullring because it was really cold , but I'm sure we could walk in good weather. Nothing was too much trouble for Diamond, she was very pleasant ( smiled all the time). We will most definitely stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family