3,194 results
All reviews free movies free pool table funky hotel great hotel hour bar lounge area first floor walk in shower city centre wet room would stay again new street station min walk comfy bed saturday night bull ring car park
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Arrived at hotel early found the team to be friendly and accommodating... checked in no problem. Made way to room. Pleasant and on the whole clean and tidy. just a little disappointed with description of room and what you actually get..maybe I’d imagined something different not sure.. the walls are dirty and a smell of damp in bathroom, but it’s a small enclosed space. tv remote damaged and tv slow in responding but wasn’t there to stay in and watch tv. Hotel was perfectly placed for the Alexandra theatre just down the road perfect, little intimidating 2 women walking back to the hotel with people on the streets but not the hotels fault, and probably would have felt the same where ever I stayed.

We got a complementary late check which was fantastic.. left bags Sunday morning went out for breakfast as I thought £15:00 was a little expensive but your near town and the mailbox so wasn’t a problem.

My only complaint was got late 3 pm check out.. key didn’t work when we returned to hotel at 13:00pm had to ask the cleaner to let us in room, breakfast expensive, requested a twin got a double, but bed was comfy. Room was really hot, heating was set high, air conditioning didn’t work, so had to open window. which was nice to have fresh air except for the car wash company at the back of the petrol station who start cleaning cars at 8 in the morning.

On the whole it was ok but expensive for a room that needs a good overhaul, clean and decorating with tv being replaced..
would stay again but wouldn’t necessarily be my first choice hotel.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Sabrina W, Manager at pentahotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your experience at the pentahotel Birmingham.

I am sorry to ready that you only had a good experience and not a fantastic experience. I have taken on board your comments and will certainly discuss this with all of my team.

I hope on your next visit we are able to deliver exceptional service to you.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Can't fault it really. Great helpful staff, tastefully decorated rooms, nice to have the pool table in reception and an all night bar :-) Didn't eat there so cant comment on that. Location is close to the centre too.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Valued guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your stay with us here at pentahotel Birmingham.

It was really good to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, the team and I are always thankful of hearing that we have got things right!

I hope that we will see you back again soon!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great room and quite individual , check in at the bar but very easy. Ultra convenient for the O2 . Shower was excellent . Parking was worth it to know my car was safe and not to have any extra hassle.

Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear guest,
Thanks for taking the time to post your review of your stay with us on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased that we got things right for you & even more so, that you published your experience with pentahotels.

I hope that you will be a regular visitor to us here at pentahotel Birmingham.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

2 x twin rooms were booked for Friday 22nd March - 2 double bedrooms were given! No reception all done at the bar.

Unfortunately the hotel rooms are not as per the pictures on the website but are in fact tired and in need of some tlc, not sure I could tell the difference between other budget hotels such as Holiday Inn and Ibis.

Bar area on ground floor quite small but a larger area including dining is available on the 1st floor but it is very dark.

The hotel is in a funny area within the city centre and doesn’t feel right in the location.

Air conditioning doesn’t work in room, despite calling reception for help. Room was too hot but having the window open was too noisy.

Anyone can access the floors within the hotel as there is no control or questions asked as you walk through the bar area to either the stairs or lifts. The fire doors on the floors bang shut so rather disturbing throughout the night.

Sink in the bathroom not fit for purpose, the tap didn’t go over the sink, so basically flooded every time you used it. Shower was nice and warm, however the drainage was inadequate and you ended up flooding the bathroom.

The bed was comfy and bedding white and clean.

Breakfast was great, plenty of choice and all still available at 940 am, friendly member of staff available who offered to help.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear valued guest,

Thanks for the review of your stay with us at pentahotels.

I am sorry that we didn’t get things quite right for you, we are always striving for perfection and I am sorry that your experience with us didn’t quite reach this level.

If we can tempt you back to stay with us again I am sure that we can prove to you that we are capable of better.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Comfy, friendly and clean. Couldn’t have been better located as we were going to O2 and also great for getting round the city centre. Really nice bar. Rooms were very quiet and very comfortable. Reasonably priced

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Traveller,
Thank you for the great review of your stay with us at pentahotels.

The team here in Birmingham are all working towards making the hotel a great place to relax & stay & I am glad that this came across during your visit.

I hope that we will see you back with us very soon.