3,182 results
All reviews free movies free pool table funky hotel great hotel hour bar lounge area first floor walk in shower city centre wet room would stay again new street station min walk comfy bed saturday night bull ring car park
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Basic rooms with no mini fridge, breakfast was cold & it was £6 a pint?? probably get more for your money elsewhere. On the flip side the staff were lovely especially the receptionist girls who couldn’t do enough for you.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Easy enough to get to by car as it is central. I parked at the Mailbox.
Walk in, looks so cool, bar and reception next to each other. Pool table and lounge area with a fun, chilled out atmosphere.
Room very clean and spacious, comfortable and good shower facilities.
The free WiFi in the room for me was slow.
Breakfast buffet in the morning was great. Would love hash browns on the menu but otherwise perfecto.
And another lovely chilled out hang out place next to the eating area.
There was also a small gym too with treadmill and weights.
I stayed for 2 nights, during weekend, and minimal noise despite central location.
Great work. And shout out to Marta and Miguel for your great hospitality too.
I'll definitely be booking back. And maybe book the conference room too for a meet up with my colleagues.
Thank you.
Awesome!

Trip type: Traveled on business
Sabrina W, Manager at pentahotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Traveller,
Thank you for the kind words following your stay with us here in Birmingham.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your experience of pentahotels, it certainly is an exciting chain of hotels!

I hope that we will see you back with us very soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

terrible. hotel stank of weed throughout the night. asked for room move and was told hotel was full.15 pounds per person for breakfast which is meant to be on until 10 but when we came down 15 mins before both the spread and restaurant was all empty. asked the girl on service and said it was closing... ok... had to have rice crispies. later went down stairs for a starbucks coffee to see an older woman behind the bar berating her a younger girl at the other end of the bar. felt so bad for the young poor girl that i went up to her to apologise for her because she was obviously upset. was horrible to see. no one should come to work to be shouted at like that disgusting.

Room tip: the travelodge is better than this
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank jan3jan3

Thank you for your time and trouble to write a review on the pentahotel Birmingham.

I am sorry to read that you had a less than satisfactory experience at the Hotel. This is not the impression we wish our guests to leave with. Please do accept my apologies on behalf of myself and the team.

If you would like to discuss this further please contact me direct at the hotel or by email - gsm.birmingham@pentahotels.com

I would appreciate the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel where hopefully we can rectify your past experience.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Amazing facilities, staff and breakfast. Great location. Check in and check out is quick. Food is simply amazing at breakfast. They have many forms of entertainment including free pool, PS4 and sky sports.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear guest,
Thanks for taking the time to post your review of your stay with us on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased that we got things right for you & even more so, that you published your experience with pentahotels.

I hope that you will be a regular visitor to us here at pentahotel Birmingham.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My partner and I stayed at Pentahotel Birmingham on 09.02.19 as we were attending a gig at the O2 Academy. My other half had stayed here a couple of times previously and explained it provided a comfortable nights stay with all basics included. The location was perfect for our gig at just a 5 minute walk away and we wanted something fairly cheap but to a high standard. This ticked all the boxes!

Pentahotel is a quirky spot with a bar and pool table on arrival. The reception and bar area are merged into one so staff members get to know you and offer a personal service. We checked in without any problems and found our room clean, tidy and well presented. We booked a standard double room with breakfast included at £100 and found it was a brilliant price. The bedroom decor was modern and basic with a twist - just what we were looking for! The bed was extremely comfy and the room layout was set up well with regards to the positioning of the TV, mirrors, plug sockets etc. These made for a practical set up which was appreciated on our city break. The shower was also brilliant and I loved the toiletries that were included!

Unfortunately we didn't get to spend much time in the hotel as we had a lot to cram into such a short space of time, but our time at the hotel was pleasant with no complaints. Breakfast was of great quality with a wide selection of food available. The dinner menu also looked lovely although we didn't get chance to order from it. Prices looked to be reasonable too for the food and drinks.

Overall we had a fantastic stay and would certainly recommend Pentahotel to anyone needing a central location in Birmingham for the night. The hotel exceeded my expectations and provided a wonderful base for our trip. We'll be staying again on our next visit to Birmingham!

Room tip: A standard room provided everything we needed for a comfortable stay.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Traveller,
Thank you for the kind words following your stay with us here in Birmingham.

I hope that we will see you back with us very soon.