3,182 results
All reviews free movies free pool table funky hotel great hotel hour bar lounge area first floor walk in shower city centre wet room would stay again new street station min walk comfy bed saturday night bull ring car park
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My partner and I stayed at Pentahotel Birmingham on 09.02.19 as we were attending a gig at the O2 Academy. My other half had stayed here a couple of times previously and explained it provided a comfortable nights stay with all basics included. The location was perfect for our gig at just a 5 minute walk away and we wanted something fairly cheap but to a high standard. This ticked all the boxes!

Pentahotel is a quirky spot with a bar and pool table on arrival. The reception and bar area are merged into one so staff members get to know you and offer a personal service. We checked in without any problems and found our room clean, tidy and well presented. We booked a standard double room with breakfast included at £100 and found it was a brilliant price. The bedroom decor was modern and basic with a twist - just what we were looking for! The bed was extremely comfy and the room layout was set up well with regards to the positioning of the TV, mirrors, plug sockets etc. These made for a practical set up which was appreciated on our city break. The shower was also brilliant and I loved the toiletries that were included!

Unfortunately we didn't get to spend much time in the hotel as we had a lot to cram into such a short space of time, but our time at the hotel was pleasant with no complaints. Breakfast was of great quality with a wide selection of food available. The dinner menu also looked lovely although we didn't get chance to order from it. Prices looked to be reasonable too for the food and drinks.

Overall we had a fantastic stay and would certainly recommend Pentahotel to anyone needing a central location in Birmingham for the night. The hotel exceeded my expectations and provided a wonderful base for our trip. We'll be staying again on our next visit to Birmingham!

Room tip: A standard room provided everything we needed for a comfortable stay.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Sabrina W, Manager at pentahotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Traveller,
Thank you for the kind words following your stay with us here in Birmingham.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your experience of pentahotels, it certainly is an exciting chain of hotels!

I hope that we will see you back with us very soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great decor, excellent location for Birmingham city centre means it's just a short walk to reach the Mailbox, Bullring etc. Onsite car park is a bit small so we didn't get parked there but just round the corner is a secure NCP car park which is £6 for 24 hours which is a bargain. If you can get out of it that is, but that's another story!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear valued guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our Birmingham City Centre hotel, we're always pleased to receive feedback from our guests.

Our team here work hard to provide great customer service to all of our guests and I do hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We loved this spot, booked it for a gig. Handy walking distance to the shops, opposite to a great musical equipment shop (which my husband loved).

The bar was a great spot to chill and have a drink.

Room was ideal for an overnight stay and will definitely return again.

Dear guest,
Thanks for taking the time to post your review of your stay with us on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased that we got things right for you & even more so, that you published your experience with pentahotels.

I hope that you will be a regular visitor to us here at pentahotel Birmingham.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here over the weekend, staff were ok. Took reception a while to get us checked in too, seemed as though they didn’t know what to do. The room had a large stain beside the bed and not very clean. Also charged 15 pound for a very basic breakfast. The whole second floor and our room smelled of marijuana and could hear every conversation happening from our room. Only thing that saved it was the location.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Sabrina W, Manager at pentahotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear valued guest,

Thanks for the review of your stay with us at pentahotels.

I am sorry that we didn’t get things quite right for you, we are always striving for perfection and I am sorry that your experience with us didn’t quite reach this level.

If we can tempt you back to stay with us again I am sure that we can prove to you that we are capable of better.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Me and my husband stayed here for one night whilst visiting friends. Staff were friendly, we got to check in as soon as we arrived at 11am instead of 3pm. Room was bright and airy. Considering the building work being done opposite we didn’t hear a thing! Only downfall was the bar was a little expensive! Will definitely be staying again!

Dear Traveller,
Thank you for the great review of your stay with us at pentahotels.

The team here in Birmingham are all working towards making the hotel a great place to relax & stay & I am glad that this came across during your visit.

I hope that we will see you back with us very soon.