3,185 results
All reviews free movies free pool table funky hotel great hotel hour bar lounge area first floor walk in shower city centre wet room would stay again new street station min walk comfy bed saturday night bull ring car park
Reviewed February 16, 2019 via mobile

Stayed here for one night and it was all round average. Staff at reception were friendly and bar looked nice but we didn’t use it.

Room was okay but very basic. Bathroom was quite small and kept hearing the drains every so often like a constant dripping noise which was a little annoying when you’re trying to sleep. Bed was very comfy which was great.

WiFi is awful. I didn’t even stay connected to it because it was useless which is frustrating.

Check out is 12:00 but We has house keeping knock on our door at 10:15 which was a little annoying I’m just glad I still wasn’t asleep! All in all our stay was okay

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Sabrina W, Manager at pentahotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear valued guest,

Thanks for the review of your stay with us at pentahotels.

I am sorry that we didn’t get things quite right for you, we are always striving for perfection and I am sorry that your experience with us didn’t quite reach this level.

If we can tempt you back to stay with us again I am sure that we can prove to you that we are capable of better.

Reviewed February 15, 2019

The look of the hotel is lovely when you walk in initially. First floor lounge is so lovely and cosy. The rooms are ok felt a little.cold during the night with no idea how to use the heating system. Overall happy with the stay.

Dear Valued guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your stay with us here at pentahotel Birmingham.

It was really good to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, the team and I are always thankful of hearing that we have got things right!

I hope that we will see you back again soon!

Reviewed February 11, 2019

We stayed here for one night as we were going to a gig at the o2 academy......great location for the gig, the academy is just a few minutes walk away.

The room was ok, quite small, minimalist and dimly lit. There is nowhere with good enough lighting to apply make up, even in the bathroom! I'd say unfortunately the room looks a lot better in the pictures than in real life.

There was a small step from the room into the bathroom, that is not very visible.....both my boyfriend and myself tripped on it......could be quite dangerous!

There was a small pack of toiletries in the bathroom, however not really enough for 2 people. Also I feel there should be a liquid hand soap next to the basin, to enable you to wash hands quickly and hygienically.

The bar was nice and the staff were good! A really nice bar to have a few drinks in and relax. I'd stupidly taken my new swarovski ring off whilst washing my hands in the ladies and completely forgot about it until later on. Obviously somebody had picked it up and decided to keep it as it hadn't been handed in. They probably think its a diamond ring.....they'll be disappointed to know that I've bought a replacement for just £24 :-) but I hope they enjoy it!

I think we'd stay here again if we have another gig to go to and if we get it fairly cheap but other than that I'm not overly keen to stay here again!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Sabrina W, Manager at pentahotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2019

Dear valued guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our Birmingham City Centre hotel, we're always pleased to receive feedback from our guests.

Our team here work hard to provide great customer service to all of our guests and I do hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed February 11, 2019

Nice hotel, we really enjoyed our stay for the night. I think our room was ok for just a night or couple days stay. As it’s quite small. Nice cosy environment. Clean & tidy room. We were pleased with the hotel and our stay and may consider visiting again at some point.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear valued guest,
Thanks for taking the time to let us know that you enjoyed your stay at pentahotels Birmingham.

It is always nice to hear that we are doing things the right way!

I hope that we will see you back with us very soon.

Reviewed February 10, 2019

This was the second time my partner and I had stayed in the penta hotel and after a great first visit, we were not disappointed .Te staff on the front desk and bar were very welcoming and friendly and gave lots of information. The rooms in the hotel were clean, had lovely fittings, lots of lighting options and was well presented. There were complimentary bottles of water and a nice set of toiletries to use. The bed was soft but supportive and the pillows were exactly as I liked them. We had a little issue with the temperature in our room and despite putting the thermostat on the lowest setting of 8 degrees AND opening a window we were still rather warm. This would otherwise have been a perfect nights sleep. The wardrobe was a metal pipe style rack to hang items on and no drawers as such. Also it would be more useful if the desk was near a window so I could have applied make up near to where my things were kept. The bar on the first floor is beautiful and perfect for relaxing in should you not want to leave the hotel. The hotel itself was very well located, a 5 minute walk from the train station and easily accessible by taxis. There is a shop next door which is also useful. A midday check out was much appreciated. All in all a great base for exploring the city, or for just staying in. Very nicely done out hotel with lovely staff. Solid 9/10 and will definitely be back again :)

Dear Traveller,
Thank you for the great review of your stay with us at pentahotels.

The team here in Birmingham are all working towards making the hotel a great place to relax & stay & I am glad that this came across during your visit.

I hope that we will see you back with us very soon.