3,015 results
All reviewsfree moviesfree pool tablefunky hotelgreat hotelhour barlounge areafirst floorbreakfast was amazingwalk in showercity centrewet roomwould stay againnew street stationmin walkcomfy bedsaturday nightbusiness trip

Where do I start.
We booked 3 rooms for one night. The receptionist was busy and handed us forms to fill out without making eye contact....not a good start..
We all asked if we could have an Iron as we would be going out in about an hour and a half. "I don't think we can help as the hotel is fully booked tonight" was the response. After further coaxing she then said she would try.
And so to the room. One of my colleagues inserted the key and opened the door to find 2 gentlemen already inside. They were shocked to see him and he apologised and went back to reception who then allocated another room. Luckily no one was embarrassed but could have been a difficult moment. I have to say the customer service and attitude was not good and when I called down to ask for the iron a bit later I had an apologetic response but nothing materialised.
The room was small and the bathroom floor flooded when I took a shower.
£140 a night was definitely not good value for money. And before I get the standard management response you should really look at your staffing levels. If the hotel was fully booked why was there only one person dealing with check in.
One final comment....Invest in some more irons at £10 a pop and provide the service expected from a 4 star hotel.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled with friends
4  Thank riche1962
Sabrina W, Manager at pentahotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2018

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I would like to apologise for the issues you experienced during your stay. Our dedicated team take pride in working to ensure our guests enjoy their experience of our hotel and I will highlight your comments with our staff to ensure we improve our service.

Please be assured we take all feedback on board and we do hope we can welcome you back to our hotel again soon.

Reviewed November 20, 2017

If you like your hotels trendy and friendly then you will love the Pentahotel
Very hip, with a 24 hour bar and good breakfast.
The rooms are small but they are all you need for a night or two. The bed was very comfortable - no bad back in the morning.
Will stay here for every future trip to Birmingham.

Dear Traveller,
Thank you for the kind words following your stay with us here in Birmingham.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your experience of pentahotels, it certainly is an exciting chain of hotels!

I hope that we will see you back with us very soon.

Reviewed November 20, 2017

Very nice staff were very helpful.
Explained everything we needed to no.
pillows were not great way too soft and if u were in shower water went out under bedroom door on to the carpet so had a big puddle in the room

Dear valued guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our Birmingham City Centre hotel, we're always pleased to receive feedback from our guests.

Our team here work hard to provide great customer service to all of our guests and I do hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed November 19, 2017

both rooms we boked had a strange smell in them. Cleaning wasnt to standard in the rooms. Shower flooded in one of the rooms which meant we had to move room and wasnt offered any compensation. Hotel reception and bar area was very nice however.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business

Dear valued guest,

Thanks for the review of your stay with us at pentahotels.

I am sorry that we didn’t get things quite right for you, we are always striving for perfection and I am sorry that your experience with us didn’t quite reach this level.

If we can tempt you back to stay with us again I am sure that we can prove to you that we are capable of better.

Reviewed November 19, 2017

Everything was great except for lack of room service. Hotel advised on arrival restaurant closes 10.30 but room service available all night. Problem was only 1 choice was available on room service which was only 1 style of pizza. Perhaps shouldn't offer a service and be unable to deliver it. Apart from that was good standard for its price and location and would stay again

Dear valued guest,

Thanks for the review of your stay with us at pentahotels.