“This is it”

pentahotel Birmingham
Ranked #14 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed July 23, 2014

The décor is great 60s theme believe you will be thrilled by it the breakfast was fantastic well worth the stay for this experience alone. The bedroom are basic but clean and comfortable in room 206 the drains in the bathroom were blocked and empting very slowly the telephone didn't work. However I am happy to forgive all these small problems because of the breakfast it was unbelievable even down to Proscecco to drink.(not keen on the coffee).
Great value I'll be back

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
PentaBirmingham, General Manager at pentahotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Hi Peter,

Thank you for the five star review of your stay with us in Birmingham.

I was really pleased to see that you enjoyed your breakfast but will ask my engineer to take a look at the room you stayed in.

I hope to see you back at pentahotels again in the very near future.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Really friendly welcome in the bar/reception area, explained about the hotel having free pool table & pinball machine & 24 hour bar service. Rooms are good, location is great and a fantastic choice at breakfast. Will definitely use again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Phil N
PentaBirmingham, General Manager at pentahotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Dear Phil,

Thanks for the great review of your stay with us here at pentahotel Birmingham.

I am really pleased that the team provided a friendly welcome & we hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

We stayed in Birmingham on a Saturday night and picked this hotel for the price and location. Very impressed with the decor of the hotel and the staff were friendly and helpful. Our room was basic but clean. I liked that the room was ready when we arrived at 12pm and checkout wasn't until 3pm the next day. We had the breakfast included in our stay which I was also impressed with.

The only downside was all the groups of guys and girls staying there that kept us awake throughout the night! The were shouting at each other, banging doors and just generally causing disturbance. It seemed that when one group quietened, the next group started. I would suggest to the hotel to separate couples from group stays.

Other than that, a lovely hotel and very close to the city centre.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
PentaBirmingham, General Manager at pentahotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for sharing your experience of your stay with us here at pentahotels.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay but sorry that you were disturbed by other travellers.

If you are planning to be back in Birmingham soon please do contact me directly and I will make sure you are placed in the quietest area of the hotel for your next stay.

Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

We booked this weekend break last minute and paid £64 for a penta plus room Inc breakfast. The hotel has an impressive lobby area and bar with pool tables pinball machine and play station ideal for the boys!. The hotel has a very Newyork style vibe however the rooms are very plain and nothing special- to say ours was a pentaplus I don't see what was special about it! We had a room on the 7th floor and the views were good and free toiletries were amazing. The hotel offers a good choice of films to watch free in your room lots of latest releases! The cocktails in the bar are quite expensive but that's hotel prices for you! The hotel is very close to the mail box and about a 15 min walk from the bullring. Breakfast could have been amazing BUT it was rammed and plates and cups had ran out tables were few and far between and the coffee a machine had broke but having said that it was a Sunday and it was peak time. Check out is 3pm on a Sunday and car parking reasonable 12.50 for 24hrs not bad at all. All in all I will be back but shop around for a deal don't pay full price. Well done penta!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Leanna,

Thank you for taking the time to post your experiences of your stay with us here at pentahotel Birmingham.

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us but I will definitely pick up on the points that you raised in regards to breakfast.

I hope that we will see you back again soon.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

Stayed here previously when it was Ramada Encore and was very happy with my stay and the level of service. Since its become a Pentahotel the changes are not really what I expect of a hotel of what claims to be a 4 star hotel. I walked in the bar area and could not find reception. The staff did not greet me or explain reception is at the bar. This is an informal aspect I expect of a pub with rooms not a 4 star hotel. During check in the member of staff was sidetracked by the phone and someone else asking questions which made me feel like an inconvenience. Check in lasted longer than expected. I had requested a high floor room and was given a room on the 3rd floor. I did not eat or have breakfast at the hotel as the public areas are limited and small.

Check out was 12pm yet housekeeping entered my room at 9am without knocking to clean my room. They also tried to enter my room again at 10am. The rooms are clean and comfortable with a wet room shower, but no bath.

Sadly It is doubtful I will return here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo

Dear Michael,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review here on Trip Advisor.

I am very sorry that pentahotels were not for you on this ocassion, our check in desk does form part of our bar and this is part of what makes us unique.

I was concerned to see that you didnt get our full attention during check in and I can only assume that we didnt quite get across the full benefits that we offer to customers in staying here.

Your comments in regards to the small public area space were confusing to me as we have an expansive lounge and terrace area on the first floor which I really believe is a huge feature of our brand and one which receives high praise usually.

If you would consider a return to the hotel I would ask that you contact me directly as I would be keen to prove to you that we are better than your first penta experience.

Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Visited penta hotel with 3 friends on a girly break. Was pleasantly surprised at the modern decor and hada friendly welcome from staff. Breakfast was superb lots of selection and again a nicely decorated space. Only criticism was the room was rather basic, however considering the price we paid I think this hotel was definetely fantastic value and we would without a doubt book here again

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank karennelson00
PentaBirmingham, General Manager at pentahotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Hi Karen,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your stay wih us at pentahotel Birmingham.

I am really pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope to see you back again very soon.

Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

What a fantastic hotel, uber cool, got a bit of a NYC vibe on, cool hotel in a slightly run down area. Staff were fantastic, couldn't b more helpful., evening meal was really nice but a little pricey (only negative point) but I wasn't payin so I can't complain, selection at breakfast is amazin, room nice & clean. Very good location 4 bullring & station. Giv it a go, it's worth it, I will def b back 4 leisure visit

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Michael S

Hi Michael,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience of your stay with us in Birmingham.

It was great to see that you enjoyed your stay with us & I hope we will see you back again soon here at pentahotels.