“Great Newly Reurbished Hotel”

pentahotel Birmingham
Ranked #14 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in December to visit Birmingham for a Christmas party. Very new modern look. Big rooms with everything you need. The only issue with the room was the water was leaking out of the bathroom into the room....wasn't a problem for us but for older person could have been a problem but we did let staff know. Other than that great hotel at a great price at the time. As long as they don't make it too expensive to stay here then yes I would come back. Thanks

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
PentaBirmingham, General Manager at pentahotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Hi Jordan,

Thanks for your review following your stay with us last year.

If you haven't been back since Christmas, we have got even better since then so it'd be great to see you back.

Our prices remain, in our opinion, to be great value for money!

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Booked as a last minute thing to have a night out in Birmingham, stayed here before as a ramada, really impressed with the reception area, staff are good!

Rooms are fairly basic but extremely comfortable and functional with everything you want. Slept really well and decent shower in the morning!

Breakfast however blew us away! It was absolutely superb! Huge choice, absolutely gorgeous, staff were constantly replenishing everything!

Will definitely stay here again. The room was £60 with breakfast, for the quality of the room and the food, it is a complete bargain for a city centre hotel!

Holiday inn and radisson blu, take note...

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Lister9995

Dear Traveller,

Thanks so much for the kind feedback following your stay with us.

Its great that you have seen the transformation at the hotel as we are all really excited about the changes that have taken place.

We look forward to seeing you here again soon.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

it really didn't feel like i was staying at a hotel, more like a luxurious home.

its a really modern hotel with great features such as an amazing bar and lower eating area which has a pool table, also there are free new movies on teh tv in the rooms, this is the best hotel i have stayed in, also there is a great breakfast and great selection, it has made me look into other pentahotels and will be sure to visit again

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Steveyp,

Thanks for the great review of your stay with us here at pentahotel Birmingham.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the experience and hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

My partner and I stayed at this hotel on a Saturday night. The location is good, being a short walk from the city centre. The room was an average size, clean, quiet, had a minimalist décor and looked to be recently renovated. Coffee making facilities were provided. A standard Sunday checkout at 1500 was a welcome surprise.

The hotel is generally good but could improve on service. The person I spoke with at check in was courteous and welcoming but the person I spoke with on check out demonstrated a poor grasp of customer service skills. At check in I had paid £12.50 for one of the few (25) spaces available in the secured car park (accessed both on foot and by car via intercom) and had asked how long my £12.50 would buy me. I was told that I’d be able to leave my car in it until 1530. I checked out early, was informed in an abrupt fashion that the car parking space would need to be vacated sooner and had to request that the hotel honoured the initial agreement which it eventually did. Limited on street parking is also available.

The hotel cleaning staff ignored the “do not disturb” sign on the door.

We did not try the breakfast or dinner options which were available at the hotel. Rates for room service looked reasonable. I would consider staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
PentaBirmingham, General Manager at pentahotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Dear Chris,

Thank you for feedback following your stay with us.

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay in the main but of course, I am disappointed to see that our service could be improved as this is not the norm for us.

I will take on board your feedback and look at ways in which we can make things better for the future.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

We stayed here on 23rd May for one night. I had been emailing the hotel previously as I was planning on proposing that evening. When we got to our room there was a chalk board with a little message from the hotel and a mini bottle of bubbly with strawberries and cream waiting for us. They had upgraded us. The rooms aren't as fancy as the rest of the hotel but with a great shower and free films on the TV we didn't care.

Unfortunately we didn't get to use many of the free facilities like the pool and the pinball machine. The hotel is really funky and the decor is lovely.

The breakfast in the morning was amazing. Full cooked breakfast which was constantly being checked as well as fresh fruit and pastries. I also ordered pancakes and they were quickly brought out.

It's in the prefect location and we even managed to park on the road behind the hotel for free.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Bex,

Thank you for the glowing review of your stay with us.

We were delighted to assist you on your special evening & hope that you got a Yes!

Reviewed May 26, 2014

Two of us stayed here for 1 night over the bank holiday weekend mainly for it's perfect location and a great price of £59.00! On arrival we were able to check in 2 hours earlier than the standard check in time - loved the chilled, laid back atmosphere and the idea with the bar/ reception area being all in one. The receptionist was great and the check in process was simple, efficient and quick - all the staff I met were so relaxed, friendly and informal (informal in a great way though! Plus they all wear jeans and t shirts which is different and goes so well with this 'cool' hotel) I booked a standard room which was modern, clean and spacious. I found all the little extra touches fantastic like the bottled mineral water, high quality toiletries in the bathroom and the fact you get such a great TV package all free of charge. I rang up prior to my stay to enquire about a late checkout knowing that we would be having a heavy night out, again a friendly, helpful receptionist advised me that as it was bank holiday Monday we were able to have the room till 3pm (I think checkout is at 3pm on Sundays too!) which is great when your arriving back to sleep in the early hours after a heavy night. Checkout was a simple case of just giving our key back, again a friendly receptionist on duty. Didn't take breakfast but thought it was fantastic that they served it till 11:30am! I shall be going back to dine in the restaurant as didn't get a chance during my stay. The bar and restaurant are lush, so modern and I loved the quirky, chic, unique decor - so much attention to detail everywhere! Plus 2 free pool tables - great! Another nice little touch were the lanterns on the terrace at night and the idea with the blankets hooked over the chairs on the terrace for guests to keep warm is genius - so cosy! I think this hotel is underrated, working in well known chain hotel myself I can be critical, in my opinion I can't fault Penta at all - everything was perfect! Thanks for an amazing stay guys :)

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank cherobiphil
PentaBirmingham, General Manager at pentahotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Dear Traveller,

Thank you for the very kind words following your stay with us this past weekend.

It is fantastic to read that the team greeted you in such a positive manner as having a cool interior is only one part of our brand identity.

Sorry that you didn't get chance to take breakfast with us - maybe you will be back again soon and you will get to experience this next time!?

Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for a night and, overall, were very impressed! Warm welcome upon arrival, nice atmosphere and very clean. Also very reasonably priced, especially for the city location!
The restaurant/lounge/bar are beautifully designed and lit with a vintage/City feel. The food service was prompt and of a high standard (especially the buffalo wings), and the self serve breakfast had something to appetise everyone (85 items to choose from I believe!)
There is also a 24 hour gym & bar PLUS free pinball machines, free movies in your room and free Wi-Fi!
Whether you're looking for somewhere to stay, dine or have a few drinks, then I'd definitely recommend Pentahotel Birmingham.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Joanna P

Hi Joanna,

Thanks for the great review of your stay with us here at the penta hotel Birmingham.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us & especially the food - the buffalo wings are pretty special!!

Hopefully we will see you back again soon.