“Finally found the perfect seat, and excellent customer service”

Birmingham Hippodrome
Ranked #3 of 280 things to do in Birmingham
More attraction details
Owner description: Birmingham Hippodrome is an independent, not-for-profit, registered charity. The unsubsidised Hurst Street based venue averages over 500,000 visits annually making it the most popular single auditorium in the UK. With no public revenue funding, it is home to Birmingham Royal Ballet and DanceXchange, presents all of Welsh National Opera's repertoire, welcomes the best in international dance, West End and Broadway musicals and is home to the world's biggest Pantomime. Birmingham Hippodrome is currently expanding its Creative Programme building on its successful work in schools and in the community, and with free outdoor performances. With partners including Arts Council England, Birmingham City Council and private funders, the Hippodrome has recently enjoyed co-producing and producing new events including Six Summer Saturdays, International Dance Festival Birmingham, The Voyage (for the London 2012 Festival) and Summer in Southside.
Worcester, United Kingdom
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Finally found the perfect seat, and excellent customer service”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Went to see Phantom of the Opera. Left it a bit late to book and didn't think the seats would be that good - wrong. I have finally found a seat where it doesn't matter how tall or wide the person in front is, you can see. Anyway, I digress, what a superb show. The cast were fabulous, what beautiful voices. Carlotta as excellent and the Phantom and Christine were the best I have seen, and I have seen this show before. The only tiny let down, was that the chandelier did not crash onto the stage, it just rattled in a slightly menacing way. My other comment, and its not really connected with this show, is that the customer service is brilliant. I had real problems getting on line to book tickets for Wicked. When I phoned up in a bit of a state, the lady I spoke to was absolutely brilliant. She calmed this old Luddite down and did the booking then and there. Would really recommend a visit - and no I am not revealing the row and number of the perfect seat - its mine, all mine......

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Suzie P
BhamHipp, Public Relations Manager at Birmingham Hippodrome, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments and feedback. It's excellent to hear our staff were able to help in such a friendly manner and we will pass your comments on to our box office.

We look forward to seeing you back with us soon.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Chesterfield
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Ballett”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Lovely theatre and the service at the bar was great too! it has old school charm in the theatre but a modern restaurant etc

Visited June 2013
Coventry, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“The Staff Here are Second to None”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Took my mum to see Hairspray here. We'd never been before and my mum suffers terribly with nerves and panic attacks so it was a big ordeal for her to attempt going.

The lady on reception when I picked up the tickets was very friendly and noticed my mum struggling and reassured her all would be fine.

We got to the bar to order a drink and Lizzie behind the bar noticed my mum struggling and took over straight away, escorting us somewhere we'd be comfortable. Then we were looked after by Emilie who let my mum see her seat in the auditorium before everyone else went in - to put her mind at rest.

At the interval, we were escorted to a reserved table by Emilie - she made sure we beat the crowds so my mum would be comfortable. Lizzie came back to check on us and make sure we were ok.

Then, at the end of the FANTASTIC show, Emilie escorted us out of another exit to avoid the crowds again.

We didn't ask for special treatment. They noticed my mum struggling and did everything to make her as comfortable as possible. We felt like royalty! Their kindness made all the difference to my mum's enjoyment of the evening and now she knows she can go back there again without so much worry.

Can't praise the staff enough. Totally impressed.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank PerrieDanielle
Thank you for your very kind words and it is great to hear that our staff could be so helpful.

We have passed your comments on to our front of house team and thanked them for their hard work on your behalf.

We look forward to seeing you back with us soon.
Benfleet, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“hairspray on tour”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Excellent location, lovely bar, good prices. Seats a bit cramped though... Like the idea you were given pots for pic n mix instead of rustling!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Fababbott
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
79 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“Theatre”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Have seen some lovely shows here. Well kept and comfortable seating. What a theatre should look like