“NEC for Gadget Show Live 2013”

National Exhibition Centre (NEC)
Reviewed April 10, 2013

This review is more in relation to the venue rather than the show - but have to say it was our first time at a Gadget Show Live and we enjoyed it, the live show was very good and will be attending again (either Christmas Special or Gadget Show Live next year or maybe both). we spent all day there and did buy a couple of gadgets. Found that some areas were a lot quieter by late afternoon so enabled us to look at things more indepth than in the morning.

We got a taxi to the venue as we were staying in a hotel not far from the NEC and was dropped off right outside the front of the entrance - I knew the NEC would be big but it was absolutely huge (not that I saw all of it either) and in my opinion quite a nice looking building.

Walked through the doors, no queuing, just showed our ticket and went straight through - well managed for the amount of people.

Once in the venue there are plenty of clean toilets and numerous eating/drinking places. All very reasonably priced in my opinion - you do expect to pay slightly more anyway at places like this.

Overall I would attend further events at the NEC.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,925)

Reviewed April 9, 2013

This was my second visit to gadget show live, the first being a few years ago and it's got even better!

Was probably at least twice as big as last time I went, in terms of the size of the exhibition and number of exhibitors and it felt like there was a lot more to do generally this time. Lots of stuff to try and play with and plenty of too tempting opportunities to buy gadgets!

Particularly enjoyed the future tech zone, battlefield live and the hub theatre. If I have any criticism it's the ticket price being very high (when you factor in the live theatre and the £10 NEC parking charge) and I was a bit disappointed with the live show, didn't seem to have a lot of content, not a lot of actual demonstrating of gadgets or cool tech, needs more of the stuff like the interactive game!

Pretty sure I will go again next year though! Definitely recommended.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I was really looking forward to this but what a disappointment .Apart from 4k tvs by sony lg and Samsung there was very little of interest there . the souvenier programme had a few interesting bits and bobs but they were not in the exhibition. My son and I arrived at 1pm and we had seen every thing and had a cup of tea by 2.20pm . Maybe I was expecting something akin to the Las Vegas electronics show . I will never go again ....ps at least we missed those idiots off the tv show .

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I can only give this Show 2 stars. We visited as a family to include a 14 year old. I don't really enjoy watching the Gadget Show but my son does sometimes. It's not really the Gadget Show presenters that got us here but the fact that you can see and touch the tech on offer. We went on Friday 5th April and it wasn't that busy so we were able to have a look at a lot of stuff. If you really aren't into big tvs, super sound systems, computer games then don't go. There definitely wasn't as much stuff as last year, no freebies like last year either and the live Show lacked lustre and was pretty boring until Titan the robot came out and livened the place up! The ticket price to enter is ridiculous and I don't mind buying food out at these shows but again it was so overpriced for what you get and service doesn't come with a smile at all. Don't think will be going again - final word, dull, boring, waste of time!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

There is a good variety of exhibitions on at the NEC. It has excellent transport links, and is definitely easier to get to by train, though on this last visit I drove to use the disabled parking, which was nice and close to the exhibition I was going to with my friend. There are places to eat in the exhibition halls and outside of them, so there is a choice of places to eat. Be prepared for a lot of walking and for it to be really busy when the popular shows are on such as Good Food and Crufts.